14 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

www.brickset.com posted a review of 497 Galaxy Explorer in which they said:

If brickset is posting a review of 10497 next week, it is only logical to assume that we will be getting a review of 10305 as soon as next week!

The embargo ends on July 13th according to Bricksie!

Edited by woodford86

I kindly asked Milan and he gave me the confirmation that no stickers are being used in 10305, meaning all printed shields too. Yey! :grin_wub:

1 minute ago, R0Sch said:

I kindly asked Milan and he gave me the confirmation that no stickers are being used in 10305, meaning all printed shields too. Yey! :grin_wub:

Not surprising, but nice to get it confirmed :pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

Such a great information ! :pir-love:

Thank you for the process.

Well that’s good news. That’s what I was expecting, but still. Nice to have that speculation put to rest. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:11 PM, Follows Closely said:

I started to build this with digital assistance from @Aanchir. It is not going to stand up the height of the rebrickable mock by Madewithbrix.

Hide contents

8dcatdiznsxf.jpg

...but compared to anything in the official Castle line...

Reveal hidden contents

tuncwgtbkeni.jpg

An update comparison with The Castle in the Forest.

Reveal hidden contents

vfln8f8izfnr.jpg

fszlk2a21v7q.jpg

And a comparison with Löwenstein Castle.

Reveal hidden contents

ijcd0lobaol2.jpg

I'm building this 3x 3in1 right now. Halfway through the second half. Hopefully the new castle will scale well with this. I've got the Blacksmith, this MOC, the 3in1 Castle main build, 2 Forest Hideouts, and soon to have the new castle as my main "Castle display".

11 hours ago, Do1633 said:

I'm building this 3x 3in1 right now. Halfway through the second half. Hopefully the new castle will scale well with this. I've got the Blacksmith, this MOC, the 3in1 Castle main build, 2 Forest Hideouts, and soon to have the new castle as my main "Castle display".

What are you building? Are you building this? https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-101775/Madewithbrix/black-falcon-knights-castle-31120-medieval-castle-alternate-build/#details

12 hours ago, Do1633 said:

Spoiler

qge33upm3l4y.jpg

I love that my falcons finally have a castle that puts into question the underdog status that has pleaged them for 30 years.

The video review could have greatly benefited for a quick refresser of some castle terminology.

Edited by Follows Closely

uh that queen's torso is :pir-love:

Getting one with double vip or something...

Lets hope all those stuff makes it to pick a brick. Lannister army incoming!

Love that Queen’s torso. Red, white and blue. Let’s me link the lions from kingdoms and the crusaders together nicely. 

Not saying it isn’t nice, but I think they invested way too much into that one character, the Queen.  I would have preferred they just gave her the same torso and made double axe knights instead.  Of course it may be related to the fact that I was originally into LEGO castle before they started including the monarch in the set, and I never really missed having one.  Always just imagined there was one sitting inside somewhere with all the other details that were not included in those days.  But still would have preferred the axe torso instead of a unique queen torso.

With the different connection points it may be easy to build expansion mocs. I am thinking of buying 2 sets and widen all the walls. The reviews and build photos appears to show it may be easier to expand the set while building a larger version of the Castle. The fact it splits into 2 sections would enable future add-ons and offer more opportunities. The connection points would allow you to build a larger interior with stables and a courtyard. I'm looking forward to all the alternative models people design in the future. 

Just a random question. Does Lego have a thing against reusing CMF pieces? Why use a technic piece to make that mace instead of the really nice mace piece only available with the frightening knight and that ninjago guy?

Loving all the reviews, so much more information now.  Great little second wind for this thread :D

6 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Just a random question. Does Lego have a thing against reusing CMF pieces? Why use a technic piece to make that mace instead of the really nice mace piece only available with the frightening knight and that ninjago guy?

I wouldn’t think so. They repurposed the torso, lute, hat and gold coins from the CMF troubadour/minstrel and repurposed the Egyptian CMFs headpiece. 

7 minutes ago, Triceron said:

Loving all the reviews, so much more information now.  Great little second wind for this thread :D

Yeah, we’re finally getting insight into the secret tunnel and the gold frog reveal is new info too. 

The Queen's torso is nice and it's good it can be used for men and women. The legs aren't great though. Dual molded legs have been around ages and look much better than front printing only. Even side printing would be better than just front printing. Still, even those are better than the red print on blue legs where the colour is way off what it should be. 

And RB's review at 7:14 reveals the Forestmen Shield is not exclusive to the GWP after all. Yey!

My only complaint from this set is the usage of 1x1 round matte gold coins.  Good thing I bought like 20 gold tree coins from the pirate chests from back in the day, I love that gloss yellow chromatic shine to the gold!   Watching the build of the set is making me do nasty things to buy this during VIP access hehe. 

Edited by eldiano

21 minutes ago, cehnot said:

Peter Keith already began expanding the castle set on his instagram page.

Peter Keith's Castle Expansion

I got to say this ideas already marvelous.

Yeah I’m really enjoying his stuff lately. 

Also, here’s a good build video with good detail:

Now we only miss Wolfpack, Dragon Knights and Fright Knights from the Classic line-up. The red&white Maltese cross faction probably did not make it due to religious connotations to the Templars.
LEGO-Iconic-10305-Lion-Knights-Castle-TB