Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

36 minutes ago, efferman said:

sorry, i have no permission to tell more at this time.

Too bad for us, but I get it.

In any case - congratulations on being a published author!

On 9/29/2023 at 3:55 PM, amorti said:

It's a plastic toy

Actually, the bottom of my box has a sticker from the importer which literally says:

"14+  This is not a toy."

:iamded_lol:

The white and orange parts are clearly meant to go together to form differentials, but I'm not seeing what's the function of the gear with grey interior and white exterior. Is it a torque-limiting gear like the 76244?

@AVCampos yes it is. There's 3 clutch gears in the AMG, two like that in the doors and an older type one in the spoiler. Or at least, that's what I got. Maybe I got the remnants of the old type?

I finished the AMG One, if anyone is interested in the review, it can be viewed here. A short summary about my findings:

Pros - The quality and consistency of the parts has improved greatly, they're now virtually indistinguishable from LEGO, big thumbs up for that! New pieces offer some interesting combinations and building possibilities. The printed tires with the proper tread are a very cool addition. The model looks great, it's sturdy enough for RC and the parts don't come off as easily as some earlier models. The model contains some nice and tricky body sculpting solutions and the drivetrain is interesting from a conceptual point of view.

Cons - Some panels had visible stains and scratches that would require more attention. The use of single color pins makes the building process difficult. Frames that are made of multiple pieces are sometimes challenging to assemble. Motorization and lights require too many wires, and cable management in the model is tedious. Motorized functions with a single motor engaged don't work very well. Due to the design and weight, you can't drive backwards with a single motor. KERS Implementation doesn't have a visible effect. The new electronics don't seem to have any advantage over the previous solution.

All in all, I like the development direction of CaDA with the new models. Improving quality and cleaning up the parts portfolio to avoid potential conflicts was a good move. Personally, I don't think CaDA and LEGO should be considered competitors in this segment and there's really no reason to attack or defend one or the other. LEGO is aimed at the masses, and according to their philosophy, even a beginner should be able to build a 1:8 scale Technic set. CaDA, on the other hand, is clearly targeting expert builders. As a smaller company that focuses on a specific segment, it can be more flexible and experiment with new solutions. I'm looking forward to see what comes next, and meanwhile might take a look at the F1 set as well. 

12 hours ago, efferman said:

A few, but i have not the permission to share them.

Well, we'll all give you permission. Remember, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Or so I've been told...

Thank you @kbalage ! I'll try to explain the concept behind the pullback motor one more time: Its primary purpose driving forward: prevent the second motor from passively spinning while only the first is active in slow mode. The secondary purpose: play with spooling up and down - the supposed KERS or launch control simulation. As you said - the idea with the "energy recuperation" is rather conceptual than really functional, but most people love the very idea.

Driving backward: here you can see how the second motor is passively being rotated counterwise if only the first is active. If you push both buttons in reverse, you can move the car at decent speed, of course until the pullback motor is being spooled up. You don´t need to go far in reverse anyway, most likely only for a small correction in the parking lot or to get back on track again.

Thank you for the balanced review! 

Edited by brunojj1

On 9/30/2023 at 6:06 PM, TeamThrifty said:

@eric trax ..i don't suppose, seeing as you're an agri guy, there's any chance of a 3000+ piece tractor flagship coming from you/cada is there?! TLG have failed over the years.... Perhaps the new Case IH quadtrac 715?!

I don't have a specific date, but in the first half of 2024 there will be a real gamechanger when it comes to agricultural sets made of bricks. It will be a real flagship with over 4,000 bricks and a license from a large agricultural company.

The tractor is planned, but we will discuss the details next year. It probably won't be CASE Quadtrac. There are a lot of great MOCs and we would like something new. Stay tuned ;)

@brunojj1 thanks for clarifying the details again! I highlighted the challenges with both the KERS functionality and the single motor reverse drive function because they are both described in the manual as a working function that should have a visible effect while you play with the set. 

5 hours ago, eric trax said:

I don't have a specific date, but in the first half of 2024 there will be a real gamechanger when it comes to agricultural sets made of bricks. It will be a real flagship with over 4,000 bricks and a license from a large agricultural company.

The tractor is planned, but we will discuss the details next year. It probably won't be CASE Quadtrac. There are a lot of great MOCs and we would like something new. Stay tuned ;)

Oh my life!!! I am so excited right now!! I'm supposed to be an adult but that message has made me 10 yrs old again! 

On 9/30/2023 at 7:11 AM, CleverPig said:

Amazing, thank you!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I just needed to hear confirmation from another Canadian for my own sanity 🤣.

Thank you again!

No problem...  Enjoy your CaDA Build!  :classic:

--

Thank-you, @brunojj1, @amorti, @arcticgenes and @efferman for getting to the bottom of the matter Re: The CaDA Worm Gear situation.
"Good Stuff!"  :thumbup:
Edited by Taija71A

5_0ebefb84-c5cd-4b10-9e78-0f3cf92bae09_1
Looks like the Alfa Romeo F1 got a baby brother and if those parts are really all prints we have another win for CaDA, although I see a big issue with the inclusion of that minifigure and the whole Qman fiasco.

Edited by R0Sch

On 10/5/2023 at 8:02 AM, kbalage said:

Personally, I don't think CaDA and LEGO should be considered competitors in this segment and there's really no reason to attack or defend one or the other

Exactly that. :classic: Peace to all plastic brick builders..:thumbup:

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Looks like the Alfa Romeo F1 got a baby brother and if those parts are really all prints we have another win for CaDA, although I see a big issue with the inclusion of that minifigure and the whole Qman fiasco.

I am sorry to disappoint you but the promotion video makes clear that unfortunately there are lots of stickers. The display tile is printed though. I cannot imagine that the set will come with a minifig in Europe.

Edited by brickphisto
added minifig info

26 minutes ago, brickphisto said:

I am sorry to disappoint you but the promotion video makes clear that unfortunately there are lots of stickers. The display tile is printed though.

Yep, just saw it on YT. Even the tires have stickers and the rims don't spin with the wheels, which is dumb. Since that figure is not shown in other promotional material, I guess it's a mistake or it will be sold only in China with that.

On 5/19/2023 at 2:06 AM, T Lego said:

The current C61505w set available at https://decadastore.com/ has been updated for the gearbox changes. However there will be a third and final version of the set which I expect  to be release in july/august. This final version included the new set of panels @Brunojj1 showed to avoid patent infringement with TLG. There are also other parts, like 10197.png and Lego Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Triple , which can no longer be used and for which new solution have to be found. Finally I will try to introduce a few allround improvents for the car. I will post an update in this thread once the updated set is available for purchase

After being impressed with the quality of the CADA Alfa Romeo F1 set, I'm keen to make your excellent Viva Hypercar my next 'Technic' purchase. I'm just wondering which version is currently being sold through the official CADA store, and whether any 'fixes' will be required or are recommended? Is the final V3 version you mention here now being sold? Should I anticipate having to correct the gearbox, engine cover, dashboard, or anything else? And is it worth swapping out the gear selectors for Lego wave selectors?  Or is the current version pretty much good-to-go from out of the box? Thanks in advance, and congrat's again on such an outstanding model.

@BrickMonkeyMOCs Thank you! Production of the V3 is scheduled to start in December. The V3 will include all my proposed fixes and I recommend buying directly from the official CaDa store to guarentee ordering the newest version. No need for Lego wave selectors - CaDa's solution works equally well. My original dashboard design requires very specific bionicle pieces which were not versatile enough for them to add two new molds, that is why the CaDa set uses a different gauge cluster. Feel free to swap using your own inventory. 

Edited by T Lego

I Post this here because this will be made completely with the parts from my upcoming CaDA Set. So we can call it my inofficial B Model.

53259402328_bc342c674a_c.jpg

Maybe now you can guess if the set will have tracks or not.

Edited by efferman

22 minutes ago, efferman said:

I Post this here because this will be made completely with the parts from my upcoming CaDA Set. So we can call it my inofficial B Model.

Maybe now you can guess if the set will have tracks or not.

Your model will be 6x6 tracked truck!

muddervehiclecover.png

LOL btw looks good truck.

5 hours ago, efferman said:

Now this is exciting.

Something missing from CaDA til now, has been unofficial B models on rebrickable.

If your model can't be built using only TLG pieces it won't be allowed at rebrickable. I guess you have at least one or two different size alternating beams?

I wonder if CaDA would be interested in hosting the instructions, make it more official?

Edited by amorti

48 minutes ago, amorti said:

I wonder if CaDA would be interested in hosting the instructions, make it more official

Indeed, this would be cool. But first it has to be done. 

Rebrickable is out on this one. There are a lot of different flipflop beams and beams with Pins at the end in the model

Edited by efferman

Sorry if it was asked already, but is there something like bricklink for CADA parts? How do you find out which parts exist and can you order them somehow?

2 minutes ago, Lipko said:

Sorry if it was asked already, but is there something like bricklink for CADA parts? How do you find out which parts exist and can you order them somehow?

You can order some parts direct from CaDA website. However it's true that the available selection isn't massive.