58 minutes ago, Richombx said:

https://lego.bricksmegastore.com/products/lego-technic-liebherr-crawler-crane-lr-13000

just got made available for pre order to VIP members at the Lego store in aus. Price is completely crazy

Thanks for posting the link with the higher resolution images.

From them we can see further new parts like larger white string reels, the weights being made of solid ABS (so most likely no metal insert needed), the superstructure supported by ball casters, 3 removable stoppers for the turntable, the hubs placement etc.
https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/vp/07bfebb8db424e1fa585963d4d4498f7/07bfebb8db424e1fa585963d4d4498f7.HD-720p-4.5Mbps-15800908.mp4

bzy2wlh.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

Also, weights are a new part.

Also also, new large cable reel. Understandable, given the amount of string this 🐕 is gonna need.

Edited by Maaboo35

Did a quick calculation regarding the weights.
7x11x1 studs = 40cm^3 = 40-41g of ABS
24 weights included so 960 - 984g total counterweight mass.

18 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Three large angular motors on superstructure.

Yep, and 6 in total, split as following:
Drive including steering (2 motors)
Rotation of superstructure (1 motor)
Tilting the entire boom (1 motor)
Luffing jib raising and lowering (1 motor)
Lifting and lowering of the hook (1 motor)

So total cost of PU components: 6x35 + 2x80 = 370€ (lego S@H) or more realistically on BL: 6x13 + 2x15 = 110€

Edited by R0Sch

That price is insane! But that crane looks awesome!! Would love to have it but no chance $$

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

the weights being made of solid ABS

I can't imagine them to be solid ABS, you'll get enormous sink marks due to the injection molding. That why most bar type parts (System forks, spoons) and large parts are either hollow or have a hole to decrease the amount of plastic being used.

What's even crazier about this set is that a couple of years later when Control+ is phased out or not maintained this set is gonna be a useless chunk of plastic. 

I'm not sure how feasible the PF Conversion for this set would be.

I didn't expect to see Spike Prime's ball caster parts here. But in black insted medium azure.

Also it seems to use planetary hub in drive sprocket.

Edited by msk6003

46 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

US $699.99 - DE/FR EUR 679.99 - UK 579.99

Price already down to EUR 529,50 by some sellers.

Depending on the sells charts, I expect the price to go down to well under 500 after some time.

Given the lack of pinholes in the counterweights (or any sharp concave edges), i wouldn't be surprised for them to be cast from a metal.

Edit: there are also two types of rectangular frames making up the boom. The top/bottom frame seems to be thinner than the frames on the sides.

Edited by schraubedrin

On the high-res pictures you can now finally see the load sensor. An interesting solution (although kind of expected) to use tilt sensor of the hub for this. Is this the first time it has ever been used for something functional in an official set?
However, I must admit that I would have loved to see a Mindstorms force sensor, given the price of the set. :grin:

Edited by technicfan20

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What's even crazier about this set is that a couple of years later when Control+ is phased out or not maintained this set is gonna be a useless chunk of plastic. 

I'm not sure how feasible the PF Conversion for this set would be.

As Walter White said, it can be done exactually in a certain way, the only question is, are you the person to do it.

Since you did the CAT bulldozer PF mod I say - YES.

I thought the long things were just XXL linear actuators despite the fact that they looked like the large shock absorbers rom the BMW superbike, But apparently these are indeed shock absorbers upon closer inspection, so, what purpose do they have?

Edited by SNIPE

41 minutes ago, technicfan20 said:

На картинках в высоком разрешении наконец-то можно увидеть датчик нагрузки. Интересное решение (хотя вроде и ожидаемое) использовать для этого датчик наклона ступицы. Это первый раз, когда он используется для чего-то функционального в официальном наборе?
Тем не менее, я должен признать, что мне бы очень хотелось увидеть датчик силы Mindstorms, учитывая цену набора.:ухмылка:

what scenario do you envision for 37312/45606?

7 hours ago, R0Sch said:

3 removable stoppers for the turntable

Don't think those are stoppers, rather looks like the pins connecting the gear rack quarters with some caps on them so it does not look unfinished

Seems to move at a decent speed for play. The real one moves painfully slow so that's one of the very few acceptions where being unrealistic is actually better! The base also seems pretty solid, like I don't see much bending under its weight so I guess it can take some extra boom sections. There are still the usual downsides from having PU/control+, and having so much internal gearing inside the motors that there isn't much (if any) in the way of gearing for us to build and play with, which is a shame. Far from a PF conversion I'm tempted to do a 9v conversion with buggy motors and ungeared 9v 5x4 motors (powered via PF or buwizz) just to have some nice high ratio gear trains. That's true for all PU/control+ sets. But besides that the model itself is winning me over. It might have been downsized but size isn't everything and it retains everything of mechanical moving interest. Day one is a bit of a stretch but first day of being on sale at Smyth's is gonna be hard to resist TBH.

Hello all,

The more I look at the latest photos, the more I like the set, sure I don't like some design solutions but the carrier en the main body do look good, and overall the set has great mod potential, who doesn't like that in a lego technic set? As a crane enthousiast it is a must buy for me, and yes the crane will get better and higher with good stability:wink:

40 minutes ago, Danil said:

what scenario do you envision for 37312/45606?

For example, the force sensor could be placed instead of or in addition to the rubber bands on the gray gear rack (that's connected to the Derrick boom, behind the hub) as a more realistic way of load sensing.

7 hours ago, R0Sch said:

weights being made of solid ABS (so most likely no metal insert needed)

Have I missed something?  This is just a guess right?  I have not found anything that confirms this... 

I agree with others.  Kinda doubtful this is all ABS if there are no pinholes

Also, I do not have enough experience here, but does anyone know the typical timeframe in which new elements are released on Pick a Brick after a new set has been released? 

Just now, nerdsforprez said:

Also, I do not have enough experience here, but does anyone know the typical timeframe in which new elements are released on Pick a Brick after a new set has been released? 

Official word is that they should become available at PaB three months after their first release in sets, but sometimes it's much later and for some parts it's never.

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

Official word is that they should become available at PaB three months after their first release in sets, but sometimes it's much later and for some parts it's never.

---

As for the set itself, I think @Erik Leppen nailed it earlier: The price is insane and the main boom is much too short. Other than that I don't see much of serious problems with the set, though it's still kinda possible that something significant is revealed when the reviewers get their hands on the set.

The price puts me off, I don't think I can justify spending more than 500€ on a Lego set. I thought long and hard about getting the Cat bulldozer but in the end decided against it, as 350€ was too much. The crane is much more interesting though, so if I find it for a really good price, I might just be convinced...

43 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Thxs!  For those of us that may purchase this, and add to it I am curious how long it might take for that to even be considered.  

The final set looks great and all from the official pictures I now see on the LEGO website, though I am quite a bit saddened by the price tag. The 6 included large angular motors will hugely benefit both the Technic and Mindstorms communities for sure, as these motors were previously only found in two other Technic sets, both of which now discontinued. These motors are essentially the same as their counterparts from the Spike Prime line but come in more neutral colors and can interface with the Technic Large Hub that comes with the 51515 set. More of these motors included in the set means there will be more of them in production, which will hopefully reduce their prices on Bricklink. Plus, we will be getting many large Technic frames in this set, which really excites me thinking about the behemoth B-models the Rebrickable community will almost inevitably come up with for this set.

However, while these motors definitely add value to the set, they come at the cost of simplifying the model's mechanical complexity (no transmission driving rings and fewer gears and axles), which may draw many fans away from this set considering its enormous price tag, including myself. Even if I do buy it, I'll probably have to wait until the Christmas holiday sales before purchasing it to save money, because I've heard that a lot of parents with kids who like Technic are already shaking their heads no at this set.

At this point, it shouldn't be much longer now before full video reviews go up on YouTube, and then we will all be able to confidently determine whether or not this crane is actually worth the $700 US Dollars TLG claims it to be.

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook