1 hour ago, LvdH said:

According to PromoBricks this will be a August 1st release… of 2023. 

Well, that sucks a golf ball through a garden hose :sad:

30 minutes ago, mpj said:

In the list the release date is 01-08-2022

I swear it was 2023 when I posted my comment :grin: 

So still something to look forward to I guess.

34 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Maybe TLG have had to scale it down.

The initial price was USD. Maybe the conversion rates just work out in our favor for a change.

So confused.  What?  01-8-2022 reading, at least to my knowledge, the traditional sense here in the US is JAN 8 , 2022, which obviously has already passed.  I suppose this format might mean 1 AUG 2022 in other country formats? 

13 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

So confused.  What?  01-8-2022 reading, at least to my knowledge, the traditional sense here in the US is JAN 8 , 2022, which obviously has already passed.  I suppose this format might mean 1 AUG 2022 in other country formats? 

German website, German date format. (date.month.year)

Edited by LvdH

If indeed it is 1 AUG 2022 then TLG is doing an exceptional job at managing leaks....

Just now, LvdH said:

German website, German date format. (Month.date.year)

Then I am correct?  And this date has passed... so this information is moot.... 

So it might be coming this year then? And yes they are getting better at controlling leaks up until a week or so before official reveal.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:18 PM, R0Sch said:

I see now that Stonewars writes the set is postponed to 2023. So sad...

As I said before, we now have also the confirmation from Promobricks that this set will NOT be released August 1st 2022 but was postponed to 2023 (without mentioning a date). Otherwise we would see it in the 2HY2022 catalog.

Would've been a very bad year for my wallet if also Liebherr were to be released this year...

Hasn’t part of the advertisement for legocon been that there will be reveals for pretty much every theme including technic. So with 42144/5 already revealed doesn’t this just leave the crane?

1 hour ago, Richombx said:

Hasn’t part of the advertisement for legocon been that there will be reveals for pretty much every theme including technic. So with 42144/5 already revealed doesn’t this just leave the crane?

Well - maybe?

And maybe it's not even a LR13000, but the new LR12500 (because it's new!). And maybe they created show with Liebherr like with the 9800 in Australia.

Or maybe it will simply be released summer 2023 :D

2 hours ago, Richombx said:

I'm not sure adding these two to the kids' section of lego.com is considered as a reveal by them, so I wouldn't hold my breath for the crane. They might show 42144 & 45 and say "tadaaa" as the proper reveal :grin:

24 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I'm not sure adding these two to the kids' section of lego.com is considered as a reveal by them, so I wouldn't hold my breath for the crane. They might show 42144 & 45 and say "tadaaa" as the proper reveal :grin:

Yeah that’s what I was kind of expecting that the airbus been licensed is what they show. Especially because it will be the release of the simple battery box finally although I do expect it to have had the same redesign with the lid as the C+ hub. I’m still not really buying into the crane with its piece count and price as I can’t see how it’s going to be that much better than 42042 without been twice the scale and the parts count makes that unlikely.

LEGO posted the LEGOcon agenda on their Instagram and there is no mention of technic. They did say a set reveal from a new theme, but it’s probably not the crane.

13 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

LEGO posted the LEGOcon agenda on their Instagram and there is no mention of technic. They did say a set reveal from a new theme, but it’s probably not the crane.

Not surprising. Technic doesn't seem to be high on TLG's priority list.

So it will be second half of year release, presumably delayed for a rework, parts reduction, in order to reduce the price. Still it will have 2 hubs and 8 motors, do I have that right? Also there will be a large number of new 3x17 frames?

2 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

So it will be second half of year release, presumably delayed for a rework, parts reduction, in order to reduce the price. Still it will have 2 hubs and 8 motors, do I have that right? Also there will be a large number of new 3x17 frames?

6 motors...

On 6/8/2022 at 4:22 AM, suffocation said:

According to PromoBricks this will be a August 1st release… of 2023. 

I doubt it, LEGO Technic sets follow a two year release pattern. With the 42100 and the cat d11 both being released in october of 2019 and 2021 respectively, I think it is safe to say that the new crane will be released in october 2023 and not in august

5 hours ago, Unbrickme said:

I doubt it, LEGO Technic sets follow a two year release pattern. With the 42100 and the cat d11 both being released in october of 2019 and 2021 respectively, I think it is safe to say that the new crane will be released in october 2023 and not in august

What pattern do you see between 42100 and Cat D11, that doesn't also apply to the Volvo hauler (besides tracks)? The crane was originally intended for 2022.