The box looks quite thick, so I think the leaked price is right.

And it seems that this is the final model, because the C + control layout displayed on the phone in the lower right seems to be a new layout that is completely different from the existing one.

14 minutes ago, allanp said:

It does look way too out of proportion but that should be easy enough to fix with the new boom pieces

And a lot more string!

The box picture doesn't show the complete car body, it only has a front side, there isn't a back side and it looks empty where the winches and A-frame should be.

7 minutes ago, Bricktrain said:

The box picture doesn't show the complete car body, it only has a front side, there isn't a back side and it looks empty where the winches and A-frame should be.

No A-frame simply

14 hours ago, spongebrickpl said:

Could it be a new model?

New model is LR12500, not 15000

6 hours ago, KevinMD said:

New hook piece? Doesn’t appear to be the old metal one, certainly doesn’t appear to be built using 1x2 thin liftarms…

Definitely not - assembled hook like these:

750x800p.jpeg750x800p.jpg750x800p.jpg750x550p.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bricktrain said:

No RH side of the car body 

Don't know what's this, but there are no strings from superstructure to  derrick doom.

btw I found third winch wich goes to the main boom!

49 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Don't know what's this, but there are no strings from superstructure to  derrick doom.

Car body or superstructure, you should be able to see the RH side of it in this picture. There is a link from the Derrick to the back of the superstructure just in front of the superlift pendants, it has a yellow link on it. On the real crane the winch 4 operates the derrick and is mounted at the bottom of the A-frame.

1 hour ago, Bricktrain said:

Car body or superstructure, you should be able to see the RH side of it in this picture. There is a link from the Derrick to the back of the superstructure just in front of the superlift pendants, it has a yellow link on it. On the real crane the winch 4 operates the derrick and is mounted at the bottom of the A-frame.

I know. I assume the link from derick boom goes not to the counterweight on superstructure but to the additianal ballast counterweight. This is a guess. Impossible to say for sure at the moment. 

And the real crane has 6 winches btw, not three :pir-thumb:  So I don't know why this was named Liebherr LR13000 instead of crawler crane.. aaah, sales marketing

Just because a crane can have many winches does not mean they are used in every configuration and are usually only fitted if required.  We have two winches sitting in the yard for our LG1550 as they are not required in its current configuration.  It would add to transport costs to transport them to every site. Also some are mounted in the butt section like the derrick butt so won't be fitted if the derrick is not fitted.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Reddit discussion here. The general opinion of this set isn't much more positive there than it is here!

So another part of the internet doing what internet does best. I'm not saying LEGO are unable to mess up, but an aweful lot of complaining without any official information about the set.

It seems to have the style of a larger CITY theme crane set.  I think it'll go well in one's CITY layout.

29 minutes ago, zoo said:

So another part of the internet doing what internet does best.

It's disheartening to constantly see people criticize things which are so trivial.  It's much easier to simply accept one's dislike and move on than to complain about it.

This reminds me of the leaked Zetros photo (white and green one) which was just a quckly thrown together 6x6 prototype and the final release was very much different. Wait for official media before you pick up pitchforks and torches, people!

4 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

Just because a crane can have many winches does not mean they are used in every configuration and are usually only fitted if required.  We have two winches sitting in the yard for our LG1550 as they are not required in its current configuration.  It would add to transport costs to transport them to every site. Also some are mounted in the butt section like the derrick butt so won't be fitted if the derrick is not fitted.

Obviously you understand what you are talking about! It's a pleasure for me to talk to professionals :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

It seems to have the style of a larger CITY theme crane set.  I think it'll go well in one's CITY layout.

I will laught if those frames will turn into new technic frames that never appeared before

17 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

This reminds me of the leaked Zetros photo (white and green one) which was just a quckly thrown together 6x6 prototype and the final release was very much different. Wait for official media before you pick up pitchforks and torches, people!

1,5 years of waiting does it's job

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I agree. Let's not jump to conclusions about how accurate or inaccurate this model is until official higher-resolution photos of the set are released in May. The leaked image hyperlinked in this thread is only preliminary and may not reflect the final model, which in reality may be larger than it appears to be in that one blurry photo. Plus, we haven't seen any of its actual functions yet, so the crane have more surprises than it appears. 

Additionally, it should also be noted that even if the model itself does not meet the community's expectations, it may include lots of useful pieces or building techniques that are difficult to find anywhere else. For example, the crane's tank treads may appear to be 5 studs in width, when they may in fact be usefully-recolored versions of the newer 7L tracks, which currently only exist in yellow. If that's true, then that recolor could benefit many MOC builders who wish to construct larger tracked vehicles with those elements. 

But we can't know any of this for sure until official photos are released. So let's just wait a few more weeks, and when those official pictures release by the middle or back half of May, then all of us as a community can determine whether or not the finished model is actually worth the astronomically high price tag the TLG believes it to be. Maybe it will be worth the money, maybe it won't. Maybe the final model will look accurate, maybe it won't. Then again, we won't know the final answers to those unknowns until official photos release in May.

Worst case scenario, even if we're correct and this set's not worth the money, I'm sure there will be some form of sale or discount on it somewhere eventually that fans will be chasing after. :)

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I'm not sure how much larger the boom can actually be and still fit on the box. The hook is just about going off the side as it is!

Maybe it has separate boom sections that you can insert in between to extend the boom?

Even from a realism point of view, that would make sense, I think.

If TLC are smart, they sell such boom sections as separate 10 euro packages, so people can buy as many as they want to extend their crane.

9 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Maybe it has separate boom sections that you can insert in between to extend the boom?

Even from a realism point of view, that would make sense, I think.

If TLC are smart, they sell such boom sections as separate 10 euro packages, so people can buy as many as they want to extend their crane.

I dunno. I think they are approaching this from a PR and customer service approach. If people build a huge crane, from actual Lego orders, and elements fail they will have so many people ordering replacement parts....

On 4/14/2023 at 10:25 AM, Bartybum said:

Can't go on the floor?

I would but

a) The floor is frequently carpet bombed with miscellaneous parts so anything placed on said surface becomes just another hiding place

b) Wheelchair with accident prone twit at the control

On 4/30/2023 at 6:10 AM, kbalage said:

I won't make videos using leaked photos, and I don't want to judge a set based on a single blurry (and potentially preliminary) photo anyway without any confirmed information. 

Very wise decision in my opinion. I think people have already forgotten the original leaked pictures of the D11 and zetros that turned out to be way off the final kit. 

1 hour ago, Richombx said:

the original leaked pictures of the D11 and zetros that turned out to be way off the final kit.

The difference is that those two are not shown on a box with package design, while 42146 is.

21 hours ago, allanp said:

should be easy enough to fix with the new boom pieces

I'm inclined to wait  until those hit pick a brick and just buy them in bulk for a more properer build. If the reading above is correct even Control+ fans aren't going to be thrilled at needing to buy and fit 2-3 more motors and at least one more winch before they can really play with the model.

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The difference is that those two are not shown on a box with package design, while 42146 is.

A long time ago there was the 42039 on a preliminary box, which turned out to be completely different. So I'm still hoping the same happens here :look:

Edited by Jockos