Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Love this wave. Great facades, figures and play features, as well as the fact that we finally have an official DH set. It's just staggering to think you'll need to fork over $500 for the entire thing, in addition to $470 for the D2C if it ends up being something you want. Definitely eventual buys for most of these, but... discounts, please!

I wonder why Harry and Hermione have new faceprints in the Buckbeak set, but not in the Shrieking Shack *huh* And is that screaming Harry supposed to be the often ridiculed expression he makes at the very end of PoA? :laugh_hard: If so, well played. Whoever came up with that deserves a raise. Scratch that, everyone who worked on these should get one

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I can‘t stop drooling over these pictures :drool: And did you notice there weren‘t any instruction updates beforehand? Our tried and tested leaking methods are all failing us :laugh_hard:

Well crap! My youngest is going to be all over these, especially after she is working on last years sets, and my older has the previous wave. Now each is going to end up with an interesting Hogwarts configuration! And the D2C still lingering! 

I may lose out on some of the Star Wars, and Marvel sets I am interested in, as well as the unexpected items for the year. (looking at you Optimus!) My poor wallet!

These are sooo much better than I anticipated. So many details that the leaks even said weren’t there! And so many surprise Minifigures. And 12 GRIMMALD PLACE!! WTF

this is the best wave, beats out 2018 and 2020 easily. With a potential Gringotts D2C too…good lord I need to get saving

I’m pretty sure I only ever comment on these Harry Potter threads whenever the summer waves are revealed lol. Like usual, these sets are fantastic and they also further prove my theory that even-numbered years have brought us the strongest waves in the new Harry Potter line (2018, 2020 and 2022). I changed my opinion on last year’s 20th Anniversary line a couple times but ended up feeling “meh” on most of them. These sets make up for that and, impressively, the Hogwarts sets look like they could work for either the 2018-2020 or 2021 Castles, or at least from my point of view.

Going over each set individually from smallest to largest…

-The Hogwarts Carriage and Thestrals continues the tradition of fantastic $20 sets in this line. (I think that I actually own all of them up to this point besides that one Fantastic Beasts Thestral Carriage from the first year.) The build and figures are great, though simple, as are the Thestrals.

-The Horntail looks really good, far better than what we got in 2019, but I haven’t really been into these large creature sets for the theme. The detailed Harry figure is probably the coolest part of the set for me. I also think the set is a pretty good value for the $50 price with the size and piece count both taken into account.

-Now the Sirius Rescue does not look like a really good value for the piece count or size with that that $50 price. This is a rare set where I don’t really care about the figures (I already have similar enough versions from the 2019 sets) but I really dig the build. I felt like the 2021 Hogwarts sets were over simplistic while this one has some great detailing, with those gold frogs and foliage. And like I mentioned earlier, if you ignore the sand green roofs, these 2022 sets both look like they could fit in with the 2018-2020 Castle sets that I enjoyed.

-Dumbledore’s Office looks good. Very interesting that the 2018 Great Hall is clearly in the background on the box art. The exterior of this set looks really good, the interior a little less so. I love how they did the bookshelves though. I also think it was an interesting approach to make this a corner building for Hogwarts. Cool figures as well.

-The Shrieking Shack looks fantastic and the Whomping Willow here does the 2018 one to shame. The Lupin transformation feature is also very well done. Really solid set, just not super high on my list.

-The Ministry of Magic looks a lot more interesting than I expected. I think they took an intriguing approach with the structure that initially made me think it was a lot smaller than it really was. I love how the office spaces and telephone booth look as well. Amazing minifigure selection too.

-12 Grimmauld Place looks amazing. I wasn’t expecting to like the set so much but it’s honestly one of the best Harry Potter sets so far in my opinion. The interior and exterior looks fantastic, the play features are fantastic and oh my god, that is an amazing minifigure selection. I love it when Lego does buildings that look like they could fit in with the Modular Buildings and this set certainly fits the bill.

Overall, this is a fantastic line of sets. I really think Lego Harry Potter is a continuation of the quality sets that we got with The Lego Movies and all the awesome licensed minifigures remind me of The Lego Batman Movie in particular. My only problem is that some of the sets feel a little overpriced but I guess that’s to be expected with most Licensed sets. There’s a couple problems I have here though; for starters, I have zero room to have a big Harry Potter display! I’m also really behind on sets from the last few years. I still need to get the Series 2 CMFs, Hogwarts Express, Astonomy Tower, Hogsmeade and The Burrow, not to mention Diagon Alley though I’m not too worried about that one as it’ll likely stick around for a while. I get excited for a lot of these Harry Potter summer waves but know that it’ll take a while for me to get caught up, especially since Harry Potter isn’t really one of my main themes.

Still, I’m really impressed with this line-up all the same.

I've been quiet for a while, but this reveal has brought me back. This might be the best selection of HP sets so far. So many new characters, yay! Finally Deathly Hollows, double yay! New brooms, yaa...? No, no yay, I don't like them. They still can't be mounted properly so they're not better than the old ones. Pointless addition and wasted new mold spot. Alright, small rant over, now to the good stuff:

12 Grimmauld Place, FINALLY! Looks gorgeous on the outside, packed with details on the inside, almost all the necessary minifigs (where's Arthur and Hermione?), all looking good. Alright, Kreacher looks slightly weird, will have to wait and see it IRL, not a render.

Ministry of Magic, best of the wave IMO. Full MoM heist scene, minifigs including Yaxley, Thicknesse AND Mary Cattermole? Lego, thank you so much! The statue is weak though, should've been the 'Magic is might' version, and I would like to see an updated dementor, but overall fantastic. LOVE the rubber duck in Arthur's office, great easter egg!

The Shrieking Shack - slightly disappointed by the minifigures, werewolf Lupin really should have a different head mold, and Wormtail's hairpiece is highly inaccurate, color and shape-wise. But the build looks excellent, I even like the Whomping Willow, great improvement over the previous one.

Dumbledore's Office, one of the better exteriors in the new Hogwarts system. New minifigs look gorgeous, I never would've thought I'd need a madam Pince figure (since she hasn't any dialogue in the films), but I definitely do now. Baby Fawkes and Mrs Norris are very much a welcome addition.

Thestral Carriage - a great small set, nice to see a thestral back, even if it's the same as the CoG one. Baby thestral looks brilliant, and the two figures are nicely done.

Hungarian Horntail - those buildable creatures keep getting better, and last year's Fawkes was already good. Fantastic version of 1st task Harry!

Sirius' Rescue - not too exciting, although Sirius with leg print looks a bit better here than in Shrieking Shack. I'm not a fan of white Buckbeak, they grey one from Hagrid's Hut is perfect, glad to see a variation though.

Speaking of these new broom designs, I'm sure we will see a new updated Quidditch set down the line with a bunch of them in it.

Also something that made me chuckle - in the 12 Grimmauld Place set the ear is meant to be subtle and sneaky but it's just attached to an obvious pole right in front of Sirius, Tonks and Kingsley's faces.

I absolutely love these sets.

Is that Walburga Black's painting behind Fred and George?

The new brooms are interesting, makes me wonder about the D2C set. Maybe it's quidditch related after all? I'll have to try to get a couple more of these, it's great how we can mix and match them to make a bunch of different brooms. Anyone know in what colours the handle already exists?

Are those the old briefcases? Didn't know LEGO still used those.

The figures are outstanding, and so many of them in each set, it's great. Especially Madam Pince and Tonks stand out.

I wonder what's in the second library book, I'm kinda hoping for a Flamel reference.

This will definitely be the first brick-built animal I'll buy after skipping Hedwig and Fawkes, huge improvement on the previous Horntail and a worthy successor of the original one. But the Harry that's included is definitely the best part of the set, easily the best Harry we've ever gotten detail wise.

Really the only complaint I have with these sets is crookshanks, but it's a new print so it's really not too bad.

51 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

We're going to have to really think about how to fully integrate these new sets into the whole castle.

Does anyone have a 3D representation of all the parts released since the start and what is possible to do with these new sets in addition?

The green roofs are back, so we'll have to change everything to gray like the first ones, or find this green to replace all the old grays...

I don't know if it's possible one way or the other.

@Textorix, I think you’re the one who’s done the amazing job of keeping up with this digitally. You wanna take this one?

Also, I’m oddly psyched about getting a new Kingsley since I didn’t get the figure in the CMF, and this one is almost as good as that one was.

Edited by Brickroll

8 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

@Textorix, I think you’re the one who’s done the amazing job of keeping up with this digitally. You wanna take this one?

Working on it :DDD

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can‘t stop drooling over these pictures :drool: And did you notice there weren‘t any instruction updates beforehand? Our tried and tested leaking methods are all failing us :laugh_hard:

They are, but I was not expecting these so soon and had my afternoon made by this lovely surprise. :grin:

Did someone say a baby Fawkes?

Anyways, the new sets are….AWESOME!! I like them a lot! But i need someone to provide me more details on a few sets like 12 Graimwuald Place, Minstry of Magic and Dumbedlore’s Office. I’m just visually impaired so I have a trouble seeing some details. 

I know someone did provide some great details on Hopsital Wing here a few months ago but I can’t remember…

Wow, I love the details in these, they’ve done amazingly! The locket, extendable ears, ministry memos, the screaming book, all incredible. I wasn’t particularly interested in Dumbledore’s office, since I’m happy enough with the 2018-2020 castle, and have only been getting the new castle sets that can be easily modded to fit into that, but I love the library and madam pince, and the new filch minifigure….they might have got me with that one.

Random observations: 

I'm glad that Luna has mid legs in the Carriage set, as it bugged me a little that she had regular legs in the Room of Requirement set.

Definitely glad that Umbridge's cat patronus is included in the Ministry set, as I wasn't sure if it was going to be included.  I think the only other patronus animals seen in the movies that are still unaccounted for by LEGO are Ron's terrier, Ginny's horse, and Snape's doe.

Also appreciated is the inclusion of the Decoy Detonators, complete with smoke effects.

I wonder if we'll ever get the witch/goblin/centaur/house elf statue in a separate set later on, considering the movies made that a separate structure from the wizard statue included here.

The full moon above Lupin's transformation rock is a nice touch.

I am very glad that we're finally getting the library, complete with Madam Pince.  Between Sinistra last year and Pince this year, perhaps we can get Vector next year.

Overall personal hype ranking:

1.  12 Grimmauld Place 

2.  Ministry of Magic

3.  Shrieking Shack

4. Dumbledore's Office

5.  Hogwart's Carriage

6.  Hogwarts Courtyard

7.  Hungarian Horntail

19 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm glad that Luna has mid legs in the Carriage set, as it bugged me a little that she had regular legs in the Room of Requirement set.

Same. That’s why I switched out the RoR Luna’s legs with the black mid legs I took off the extra Yule Ball Harry I got in the advent calendar (since I was already cannibalizing his torso for a custom Roger Davies). Glad I won’t have to do something like that for this Luna. 

It also looks like that full moon in the Shrieking Shack set is glow in the dark - nice touch :)

I'm probably focusing on entirely different priorities to everyone else - but what are the dark green bricks at the sides of the Ministry set? To my eye they look like the old octagonal bricks, but surely they're not being resurrected?

28 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Anyways, the new sets are….AWESOME!! I like them a lot! But i need someone to provide me more details on a few sets like 12 Graimwuald Place, Minstry of Magic and Dumbedlore’s Office. I’m just visually impaired so I have a trouble seeing some details. 

I know someone did provide some great details on Hopsital Wing here a few months ago but I can’t remember…

That was @krimimimi 

DM me if you have specific questions dude. I’m off Potter stuff these days, but happy to relay. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

The Baby Fawkes that many seem so impressed by is just a recolor of the existing small white or blue bird that already exists in many sets.  I know we already saw pictures of it in an upcoming set from another theme that I can't remember at the moment. 

What other specific details are you looking for?  The Rubber Duck in Arthur's office is the existing yellow one inside the clear dome piece.

I just searched & the small red bird was first noticed in one of the upcoming Super Mario sets

Edited by karrit