Definitely liking all the functions in this set, reminds me a bit of 42029 with the winch and tipping bed, but somehow even more functional. I think there's a knob sticking out on the right side to operate the winch, you can see an orange piece on the same transverse axle as the 12t gear. I wonder how the steering and front suspension works, doesn't seem to be much space.

21 minutes ago, lmdesigner42 said:

I wonder how the steering and front suspension works, doesn't seem to be much space.

I belive it was designed after 42122 Jeep Wrangler: pendular axle with steering shaft going trough the pendular mount point (like Wrangler's front axle) but shock absorbers have "free" mount points like Wrangler's rear axle. Rear axles looks also pendular, as they have central mount points and connected via small turn table to each other. I mean no live axles, no wishbones. 

The functions in this set are amazing for its size:

• Six wheels with 6 new-ish tyres
  • Two differentials, connected to engine.
  • Full independent suspension on all 6 wheels wheels via 6 soft 6.5L shocks
  • Working 2 cylinder engine
  • Working 2 speed + neutral gearbox , connected to engine
  • Working winch with saftey ratchet / quick release
  • Tipping cargo bed with opening tailgate
  • Working steering connected to handlebars

Also, white curved 'seat' panels x4 and fake lights and disc brake levers, etc

Definitely buying this.

Edited by SNIPE

@SNIPE where from you find this Information? Im not sure about all axles but rear ones are clearly buit of 5x7 frames and cannot be independent ones. Possibly, TLG may play with words again)) 

Edited by Void_S

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'm thinking of designing a mini 42070 as its B model

Funny you should mention 42070, seeing as this set uses the same red side/grey side orientation technique in the rear axles.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

@SNIPE where from you find this Information? Im not sure about all axles but rear ones are clearly buit of 5x7 frames and cannot be independent ones. Possibly, TLG may play with words again)) 

I think below picture shows their independent movement. What is more, if you look closely you can see small turntable in the center between 5x7 frames.

42139.jpg

Front axle has the same principle like rear axle on Jeep last year; and yes rear one looks like smaller suspended version of 42070

Quite an amazing set actually! If this has the new diffs it will be quite the parts pack as well! Turning into a must buy =D 

And the fact they have managed to combine the 42029 and the 42070, with more functionality, into a package not much bigger than last years 42122 Jeep Wrangler is really great! Shows what can be done if they don't go all out on looks to license a set... Same as with last years tow truck. Hope they keep this up! Lets show them the way to go with out wallet. This might be a set I buy multiples of... One for parts, one for the model, one for moc B, C, D, etc models and one or more for gifts?

I also belive this will be a great set for B, C, D... models! I can already envision moc B models representing the aforementioned 42029 and 42070 as well as a few others. And also I can see a lot of mods comming, like more realistic tires with balloon ones, other equipment setups, rear belts etc.

I sometimes use a Polaris just like this in work (The reason I first got interested and started considering this set), and will definitely try to mod in into that exact model, as well as modify it with the equipment we use. And suddenly I know what I'm going to do after dinner tonight... LDD, here I come!

This is the one I have at work:

4.jpg

And some of it's equipment:

1.jpg

3.jpg

2882169.jpg?v=3e2f173b&format=webp&heigh

_ED_

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't post pictures of the exact one I'm using as photos are prohibited at my workplace... But these are the official Polaris photos of the model.

Edited by Nazgarot
Corrected spelling and added info

There are lots of new high resolution images on brickmerge.de. Really digging this set for it's complexity and functions.

Ok, it isn't exactually fully independant suspention, it's 3 pendular axles with springs.

16 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

All three axles are sprung.

Doesn’t change that they’re pendular :sick: wishbones would have been far cooler

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Doesn’t change that they’re pendular :sick: wishbones would have been far cooler

I'm not sure that's possible, considering the width of the chassis. But if it is, I'm expecting some MODs to show it's done :laugh:

15 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I'm not sure that's possible, considering the width of the chassis. But if it is, I'm expecting some MODs to show it's done :laugh:

The front’s definitely possible - 9392 did it after all. The rear may be a bit more complex though since there’s two axles

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The front’s definitely possible - 9392 did it after all. The rear may be a bit more complex though since there’s two axles

The Polaris BigBoss/Sportsman has independent wishbones for front suspension, and some kind of bogie rear suspension. This should be possible to mod in.

It is a 15 stud wide model so I think both independent front suspension, and a setup with pendular front suspension and 6WD (diff on front axle) should be possible. TC18 proved this. But not independent front suspension and 6WD. Would love it if somebody could come up with a concept for both in the same axle and still keeping to 15 suds total width..

I also noticed Flip-Flop Beams at the back while watching 3D Visualization at All The Bricks Together Channel. Its so useful element. I dont have flip flop beams yet so Im very excited about this.

I'm working on the Studio file. Tipping function is very similar to the John Deere trailer but at least they bothered with a tailgate here. Shock absorbers are connected one sided. I wish they were centered directly above the axles in a wishbone structure. We all know how much slack the frictionless pins have and how easy these shocks jam.
42139_atv.png

Has anyone noticed the inclined flip-flop liftarm(s) with phone handle parts, placed under the cargo platform, right above the differentials?

6190.png