1 hour ago, FlyingFordFalcon said:

As a side note, as stated by other people in this thread I too would like to see some representation of the big four Japanese motorcycle brands in future, and as an R1 owner I wouldn't be against seeing a representation of one of the crossplane bikes (would most likely be an R1M if at all)

R1 is an excellent choice - both in real life and for lego - as you rightly point out, the cross-plane crank would be an interesting feature. I'd welcome an R1M, even though i'm a zx10r owner, the R1 is a beautiful bike with an interesting engine concept

I expect the breakwires to be non functional and just installed for the looks. 

The technic theme is beginning to bore me, but I am waiting for the reviews. 

technic doesn't bore me as i think of technic as mocs.. official sets are just the occasional cherry on the cake, but nothing more. They represent 5% of my pleasure from technic, for me its a moc tool

2 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

I expect the breakwires to be non functional and just installed for the looks. 

Obviously, there was no way TLG could have made working brakes. A lot of cool functions would have been possible on this bike, but not working brakes.

2 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Obviously, there was no way TLG could have made working brakes. A lot of cool functions would have been possible on this bike, but not working brakes.

A lot can be done with a piece of string... Not to mention new parts.

We have had some great examples of such in several mocs presented here.

Edited by Nazgarot

2 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

technic doesn't bore me as i think of technic as mocs.. official sets are just the occasional cherry on the cake, but nothing more. They represent 5% of my pleasure from technic, for me its a moc tool

+1

Every new set is just a parts pack for me. Doesn't really matter what the set looks like, I just want new bricks :head_back:

But I think at least moving breaks were possible. 

Somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, that this would be a good opportunity to bring back a successor of the old flex system. 

1 minute ago, Frequenzberater said:

Somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, that this would be a good opportunity to bring back a successor of the old flex system. 

+1

A reintroduction of flex would be a great way to solve brakes with "new" parts. I feel Technic was a lot more innovative in the -90s.

_ED_

1 minute ago, Frequenzberater said:

+1

The scale would surely make it possible. The suspension interests me. I'm hoping for something decent.. new parts maybe that allow damping adjustment, its easy to make your own with existing parts, but new bricks and new solutions are always good

When the description came out from Promobricks in October and said it came with a stand, I expected like the stands in the image:

3427657690.jpg

What is presented in the set's image is more like a mount.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

12 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

On the plus side, the kawasaki they release in a couple of years will benefit from the learning curve!! 

Why waiting for some more years? 😂 Check out my RC Superbike (but still WiP). No gearbox or other fancy display functions, but some real nice details for real world working technic like one swingarm construction, working chain etc.

@42130: I am curious about the new wheels and which possibities they open up for more RC builds.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

27 cm high, 45.5 cm long and 17 cm wide

its massive... surely there's some hidden functions in it? I can accept a 3 speed gearbox due to space issues, but a model that size needs to either look the dogs bollox or pack a technical punch. Unless commercial restrictions intervened. It needs to sell, and my geeky needs as a bike owner are in the minority.

18 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

...build quality looks very similar to the real thing!! Poor. Keeps the dealers busy fixing them, and makes it easier to replicate in lego!:laugh:

Hoping better pics from a proper review show a better model than the leaks. Looks scrappy. And the rear tyres aspect ratio is wrong. Makes it look like a bicycle tyre.

On the plus side, the kawasaki they release in a couple of years will benefit from the learning curve!! 

Of course they opted for the cheaper re-use of front rim for the back and just fitted a wider tire on but at UCS 1:5 scale I would have expected a more accurate tire and rim ratio plus the real number of gears too. Guess it will be just another Technic motorcycle with a hefty license fee included. Adjustable rear suspension, braking function or lights would have made this set stand out. I'll only buy it cause I own a real F700GS.

Licensing costs way to much and makes for less innovative models with fewer functions. I haven't bought a single new set this year, though I'm considering the rescue truck... The sets have become way to expensive for what functionality you get.

_ED_

1 minute ago, Gray Gear said:

17cm wide? That can't be right. Did they measure the mirrors? No way it has only a 3speed with that width!

Yeah that doesn't seem right. The stand is 13 studs wide, so that's 10.4 cm. The bike itself doesn't seem wider than 11 studs, maybe also 13 at most. We'll see in about 34 minutes :laugh:  

I hope someone can do some photos of it next to the Ducati or one of the UCS super cars for a size comparison

5 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

hose wheels and tires must be HUGE.

Maybe someone will be able to brake lego speed record

I think price is okay for me. Its 1922 pieces, Gearbox and pretty good loking model imo.