MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

44 minutes ago, Jazzahh said:

Promobricks just shared a pic of the new Darth Vader fig from the Kenobi duel set. They added that the set will be revealed tomorrow!

Edit: the fig looks very similar to sw1106, so not sure if they’re just using a stock Vader fig photo or the new fig is nearly the same. However, JB Spielwaren has also added a countdown to new set reveal, so it does seem the set will be revealed tomorrow.

That’s not new it’s a stock photo to say Vader will be the same 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s not new it’s a stock photo to say Vader will be the same 

Yeah I realized that as well, still cool to have another option to get the armprint version.

Wow, that has got to be not only the worst Star Wars set by far, but, just like, one of the saddest sets ever. Not complaining, just my opinion. Designers probably didn't have that much to go off in the first place. I liked the scene, but it wasn't exactly the most exciting location.

Geez. Is it at least a not a store exclusive? 25€ (on sale) would be too bad for Vader with printed arms, Obi-Wan, Tala, and the loader droid.

Edited by Alegrispa

47 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I kinda like how it's just a piece of ground, feels like something we don't usually get, I have very mixed feelings.

I agree. I think I'll get it anyway, even if only for the figs, but I hope I'll be able to enjoy the build as well.

NED-B uses normal minifig legs rather than droid ones, but the arms don't look normal. I assumed at first that he would have a Chewbacca-style piece, but it looks like maybe a whole new torso?

Edit: Nevermind, I took a closer look, definitely a Chewbacca-style piece.

Edited by AD_Bricks

That Obi-Wan vs Vader duel set is pretty bad as a Star Wars set … I can’t wait to get three copies at 40% off to use as lunar terrain in an NCS Moonbase! :)

Edit ... lunar terrain to go with the rumored 10497 Galaxy Explorer ... ?

Edit 2 ... "That's no moon, that's a southern California industrial backlot!"

Edited by icm

This... this is bad.

The build looks sad. Just sad. It's probably one of the most bland builds I've ever seen. It's 90% boring, flat grey rocks with some brown and yellow pieces her and there.

Minifigures also don't meet my expectations. Obi-Wan is cool, but Vader is a repeat, Tara looks bald without her hair underneath the hat, and NED-B... looks good, I guess.

I usually am really passionate about sets, particularly their quality. This, however, is genuinely laughable. How have the designers let this pass. Hilarious. 

you know, this set kinda suggests that the "epic rematch between Vader and Obi-wan" was this and they will not engage each other again in the show.

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

It's a shame that Vader wears his inner cape under his shoulder armor in the show. I'd love to get another ANH / Rogue One / Rebels style torso.

That’s what I’ve been hoping for as well. The Vader in the box art for the Scythe looks more like that Rebels/RO/ANH version of Vader for some reason, especially with the red eyes, but the one in the show is more like the ROTS style that we’re actually getting in the set. Kind of a bummer.

I also didn’t realize until recently that Vader has different buttons on his chest panel in ESB/ROTJ until recently, and now I want Lego to make that version of Vader as well…

Yeah, that set looks really bland. It’s pretty accurate to the setting from the show at least but it doesn’t really make for an exciting display piece. Especially compared to that concept art released ahead of the show (https://images.app.goo.gl/SYD537hU1DbpwQYR6) which would have made for a very intense looking set. Something tells me that we’ll be wishing that Lego did a set of Ben and Vader’s re-rematch that we’ll surely be getting in the second half of the season instead of this one.

The fact that they’re recreating the fire scene from the episode is pretty surprising though, and that seems like it’ll make the set look a little more interesting I guess. The Obi-Wan and NED-B figures look pretty good and I’m glad to see arm printing Vader in another set. Tala’s pretty disappointing though. I was wondering if she would have her Imperial Officer outfit or her other one, and without having a hair/hat combo here, I really would have preferred her other outfit. It’s also probably the most inaccurate part of the set to have her wearing that Imperial outfit.

It’s not a bad set in my opinion, but it is a bad value. Like I said, the next encounter between these two will probably be a lot more flashy like that concept art, and probably would have made for a better set. I’m still getting this one just to stick to my goal of collecting all the sets from the new shows, but I’m certainly not paying full price for it. I had been planning on getting this on August 1st, but now I’m going to wait for a sale or my birthday maybe. It’s kinda crazy that we’re getting some seriously overpriced sets like this, Cad Bane’s ship and the Andor set in the same wave that we’re getting some actually reasonably-priced Star Wars sets, like the Jedi Starfighter, Scythe and BD-1. All of which are sets I want, but the latter ones are definitely higher on my priority list now.

Edited by The Stud

Step aside Half of First Order AT-ST, you’ve been replaced as worst set ever. Meet 400 piece grey baseplate!  I’m scared to ask the price of this thing.

Did the LEGO designers know what was going to happen in that scene? The box art seems to imply that they did. This is like, one step away from getting Anakin and the younglings as a set. 

7 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Did the LEGO designers know what was going to happen in that scene? The box art seems to imply that they did. This is like, one step away from getting Anakin and the younglings as a set. 

Lego has made multiple Mustafar Duel sets, which was much more violent, dark, & gory than the scene from Kenobi.

28 minutes ago, Artizan said:

you know, this set kinda suggests that the "epic rematch between Vader and Obi-wan" was this and they will not engage each other again in the show.

I don’t think so. If anything, it suggests otherwise, since Lego probably wouldn’t be privy to the scene if it was that important. Plus it’s pretty obvious that Obi-Wan and Vader are meeting again, because we’re only 50% through the show, and story structure wise it’s obvious Vader is showing back up. Plus “Obi-Wan once thought as you did” still hasn’t been addressed. 

43 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m scared to ask the price of this thing.

Don’t worry it’s only $50/€50.

Not sure what that translates to for Australians. Probably about $180 lol

Edited by TBD

33 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Lego has made multiple Mustafar Duel sets, which was much more violent, dark, & gory than the scene from Kenobi.

I mean.. they don't make no real military stuff but they love to make a planet killer aka Death star which destroyed a whole planet in EPIV. Licenced themes are violent and full of guns. If there is ever a scene with a huge missile and launching station, it would be damn close to a nuclear silo but hey it's fantasy!

duel set: Play sets haven't been SW strengh for a long time - remember "Maz Katana temple/bar"?

Maybe the base is so thick because of some great play feature. But yeah that main picture looks ugly.

Maybe there is a C3PO with a printed silver leg hidden under the base.

Do we know anything about these sets? I am hoping one of them is MBS, as they are the only 2 unannounced sets this year.

No image 75331  TBA          
No image 75332  TBA          

2 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Wow, that has got to be not only the worst Star Wars set by far, but, just like, one of the saddest sets ever. Not complaining, just my opinion. Designers probably didn't have that much to go off in the first place. I liked the scene, but it wasn't exactly the most exciting location.

Geez. Is it at least a not a store exclusive? 25€ (on sale) would be too bad for Vader with printed arms, Obi-Wan, Tala, and the loader droid.

False. The FO AT-ST set exists. 

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I mean.. they don't make no REAL military stuff but they love to make a planet killer aka Death star which destroyed a whole planet in EPIV. Licenced themes are violent and full of guns. If there is ever a scene with a huge missile and launching station, it would be damn close to a nuclear silo but hey it's fantasy!

You have got to be kidding right? Here, I highlighted the important pat for you...

I actually quite like the duel set. I thought it would be an easy pass but actually seeing it now I really want it. I wasn't expecting the other 2 figures so they're a pleasant surprise. My only concern is whether or not Vader is actually going to have red eyes.

Edited by ToaDraco

I'll reserve judgement for the final high quality pictures, but the thing that annoys me about this set in principle are that LEGO designers are like "we can't just make a Lars Homestead playset because kids will find it boooooring" but we CAN make an actual boring flat rock because... the scene was exciting I guess?

And given that this is what the set is, they should've done the scene for $30 at most.

2 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I think it’s the intent of the characters in the scenes that makes all the difference 

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Don’t worry it’s only $50/€50.

With the way the prices are going, would not be surprised…. will probably come out to around $90

Built Mando’s N-1 set. It’s bigger than the pictures made it look and I actually really like it. Now give us an updated N-1 fighter from TPM!

2 hours ago, TBD said:

$50 US sets are normally $80 AU. I hope they have mercy on us and make it $70…

Edit: Then again, last year, the $60 US Mandalorian Starfighter was $90 AU, and this year the $60 US N-1 was $100 AU, so $50 US sets could be $90 this year. 

Edited by AD_Bricks

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think it’s the intent of the characters in the scenes that makes all the difference 

I mean in Episode III Vader is trying to kill Obi-Wan, and in Kenobi he’s trying to make him feel pain. In Episode III Obi-Wan is trying to kill Vader, and in Kenobi he’s trying to distract him to save Leia. I don’t see how either of those intentions are more dark in Kenobi vs. Revenge of the Sith.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I mean.. they don't make no real military stuff but they love to make a planet killer aka Death star which destroyed a whole planet in EPIV. Licenced themes are violent and full of guns. If there is ever a scene with a huge missile and launching station, it would be damn close to a nuclear silo but hey it's fantasy!

There’s a significant difference between the silly space fantasy we all love, and real life murder.