MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

14 hours ago, Redroe said:

Was last year the first to have a release in January, then March - setting the pattern for this year's 2 BOBF sets? I could kinda see the point of delaying those two (spoilers, hype) but the Shuttle being apparently randomly delayed three months seemed odd to me at the time. I'm not a buy-on-day-one kind of guy, so may have just missed other similar instances.

Is it just because now there's no Force Friday,  we don't have the three full waves, January, June-ish, September?

I think the 501st set released in April 2020 right? So that would be the first instance of a 'spring' release outside the May the 4th sets.

5 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think the 501st set released in April 2020 right? So that would be the first instance of a 'spring' release outside the May the 4th sets.

No the 501st was released in August along with the rest of the 2020 2HY wave. It was revealed on 3/4 April though because Lego wanted to troll MandR on April Fools day. There’s been waves of sets released every April since 2018. This year will be first for a while with non-D2C sets released on 4th May though.

6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It got revealed in april, but released in august.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

No the 501st was released in August along with the rest of the 2020 2HY wave. It was revealed on 3/4 April though because Lego wanted to troll MandR on April Fools day. There’s been waves of sets released every April since 2018. This year will be first for a while with non-D2C sets released on 4th May though.

...what? I thought it was pretty nice of them to give him a heads up about the set since he started the...movement...to get it made.

Local Lego store (Cardiff) had a ton of both accessory packs and Ahsoka. To say distribution on some of these sets is weird would be an understatement!

Picked up a couple of Clone ones and it really does feel like the Clone battle packs of old, granted with one less figure. Gunship controversy aside I really like the commander, and the shinies of course look great. The command center build is surprisingly well done for the size too. Curious why they didn't throw in another trooper and try to sell this as an actual battle pack though. 

So I contacted lego service Australia about the accessory packs and they basically said "We don't know what's happening but keep an eye on our website for updates"

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It got revealed in april, but released in august.

...what? I thought it was pretty nice of them to give him a heads up about the set since he started the...movement...to get it made.

Yeah it was nice, but they were still playing a joke on him for April Fools and perhaps giving him a chance to reveal the set himself.

1 hour ago, BigA_7 said:

So I contacted lego service Australia about the accessory packs and they basically said "We don't know what's happening but keep an eye on our website for updates"

But the border is open now and things should be getting back to normal. Perhaps it more to do with difficulties getting stock from China.

10 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

But the border is open now and things should be getting back to normal. Perhaps it more to do with difficulties getting stock from China.

It’s not political, it’s almost certainly the supply chain issues. The sets aren’t on the website in other regions as well. 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, Willsy said:

Local Lego store (Cardiff) had a ton of both accessory packs and Ahsoka. To say distribution on some of these sets is weird would be an understatement!

Picked up a couple of Clone ones and it really does feel like the Clone battle packs of old, granted with one less figure. Gunship controversy aside I really like the commander, and the shinies of course look great. The command center build is surprisingly well done for the size too. Curious why they didn't throw in another trooper and try to sell this as an actual battle pack though. 

They're trying something new with these, where instead of increasing prices of the battle packs they're lowering the amount of stuff in them but keeping the price the same. It's essentially inflation akin to the snowtrooper pack being $20 (though to be fair there is a bit more stuff in it than a standard pack, albeit not $5 more of stuff).

17 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Us Americans don't have them either, so it's not definately not because of your border being closed. It might be supply chain issues, but the fact that they've said nothing about it makes me wonder. Especially since if it was supply chain issues you'd think there'd be advance warning of at least a few days? it's not like the factory in mexico just teleports the sets to chicago at 11:59pm Dec 31. Also, no other sets have been impacted this time AFAIK, and I'm not sure that the issues would work out in such a way that exclusively these two sets would be hit.

22 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I don't know if this is the case for Australia, bit in North America, the Accessory Packs being delayed is a normal thing. All five of the accessory packs that released last year did not release the day they were announced to. The Harry Potter one from last year was announced to come out on June 1st but actual went live on July 4th. I saw the same thing happened with a few of last year's Brickheadz and the Roses and Tulips sets as well. I was unaware of this myself until a few days ago, I never payed attention since they weren't Star Wars. 

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Us Americans don't have them either, so it's not definately not because of your border being closed. It might be supply chain issues, but the fact that they've said nothing about it makes me wonder. Especially since if it was supply chain issues you'd think there'd be advance warning of at least a few days? it's not like the factory in mexico just teleports the sets to chicago at 11:59pm Dec 31. Also, no other sets have been impacted this time AFAIK, and I'm not sure that the issues would work out in such a way that exclusively these two sets would be hit.

We have 27 sets that were meant to be available elsewhere on 1 January that are still coming soon. That also includes the Snowtrooper battlepack. Out of our major retailers, one has the Tiger and the CNY sets and nothing else from 2022. 

Edit:

It seems a lot of those 27 sets are now coming 10 January so hopefully that's when the 3 SW battlepacks are available as well.

Edited by Paul11283652
New info

I received the 2022 snowtrooper pack I got from amazon, since the lego lot limit was 3 for lego.com. It's...alright. Good as an AT-AT expansion with the snow pieces and speeder, as well as the figures. I don't have any single major complaints (except the price) but this annoyed me to an irrational extent: Why is the gun different? Obviously the stud shooter is different, but the main barrel is changed as well-why? The speeder is the same, why did the bb-9e head piece need to be a normal cone in this one?

I do like the snow scout, and the troopers are fine. I also LOVE that the speeder is the same, since the AT-AT has four slots, it's nice that they're providing this as an option, especially for people who don't know about bricklink. 12 year old me was really annoyed by not having a way to get a second crate for my hovertanks (this was a year before I discovered bricklink), and while unlike with that set, a lot people buying the UCS AT-AT probably know about bricklink, it's still great that there's an "official" way.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I received the 2022 snowtrooper pack I got from amazon, since the lego lot limit was 3 for lego.com. It's...alright. Good as an AT-AT expansion with the snow pieces and speeder, as well as the figures. I don't have any single major complaints (except the price) but this annoyed me to an irrational extent: Why is the gun different? Obviously the stud shooter is different, but the main barrel is changed as well-why? The speeder is the same, why did the bb-9e head piece need to be a normal cone in this one?

I do like the snow scout, and the troopers are fine. I also LOVE that the speeder is the same, since the AT-AT has four slots, it's nice that they're providing this as an option, especially for people who don't know about bricklink. 12 year old me was really annoyed by not having a way to get a second crate for my hovertanks (this was a year before I discovered bricklink), and while unlike with that set, a lot people buying the UCS AT-AT probably know about bricklink, it's still great that there's an "official" way.

I got mine in today and I pretty much agree with everything you said. It does feel like it's a bit better quality than the battle packs of yesteryear (both in terms of figures and builds), but not $5 better. It's not really a big issue for me since I almost never buy more than one anyway, but I wish it felt just a little bit more substantial seeing as how the price has been increased a fair bit.

3 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I got mine in today and I pretty much agree with everything you said. It does feel like it's a bit better quality than the battle packs of yesteryear (both in terms of figures and builds), but not $5 better. It's not really a big issue for me since I almost never buy more than one anyway, but I wish it felt just a little bit more substantial seeing as how the price has been increased a fair bit.

I agree. I think for $20 the build needed to be much more substantial, not just slightly more (look at this compared to the $15 rebel battle pack from 2016, it's a very similar setup), or they needed a 5th figure.

Wow, this really was my favourite piece of Star Wars content ever. 

I hope they release smaller sets down the line, not just ones in 100-70€ price range.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, this really was my favourite piece of Star Wars content ever. 

I hope they release smaller sets down the line, not just ones in 100-70€ price range.

I definitely enjoyed this episode a fair bit more than the last. Interested to see if this episode has given us more of a hint as to what or who might show up in the Boba's palace set. 

Side note: can you do spoiler tags on mobile? I'm keeping it vague because I don't want to risk it. 

2 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Side note: can you do spoiler tags on mobile? I'm keeping it vague because I don't want to risk it. 

On mobile, place your text between {spoiler} and {/spoiler}. Just replace the curly brackets with square ones :wink:

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

On mobile, place your text between {spoiler} and {/spoiler}. Just replace the curly brackets with square ones :wink:

Thank you! 

obviously for those of you have seen the episode, I'm wondering if Black Krrsantan could be one of the 'bounty hunters' in the set so kids/we have someone for Boba and Fennec to face off against?

7 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Thank you! 

Hide contents

obviously for those of you have seen the episode, I'm wondering if Black Krrsantan could be one of the 'bounty hunters' in the set so kids/we have someone for Boba and Fennec to face off against?

I wouldn’t expect him in the March set, that one's probably gonna just be based on what we've seen in trailers etc.

The second one could surprise us tho. I definitely hope we'll get him, looks absolutely badass.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn’t expect him in the March set, that one's probably gonna just be based on what we've seen in trailers etc.

There weren‘t any bounty hunters in the trailers though, which is what the set description said the two unknown minifigs were :tongue: Unless said description is wrong of course and they‘re some other type of mercenary or criminal, like the assassins from the first episode :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The second one could surprise us tho. I definitely hope we'll get him, looks absolutely badass.

You're probably right, and I feel the same tbh, but the opportunity presented itself and I thought it could be a nice surprise if LEGO was feeling generous. It would be awesome inclusion. 

Lots of stuff in this episode that could make for interesting smaller sets as you say though! 

Holy crap, what an episode!
So many great things, all around, lots of humor too, if you ask me.

Spoiler

It was very nice to get an in-depth look into Tusken culture.
Most importanly, however: Black Krrsantan *oh2* Man, I hope he becomes a minifig :wub: 
Isn't it also possible the train might be a set?

Regards,
Mitch

For the UK folks, the Lego SW magazine with the snow trooper is now available. Spotted in Tesco today.

just an observation - the limit of snowtrooper battlepacks in Slovenia region of Lego.com is 5 and they are still in stock. No luck with minifig packs though, although they were available for some time on the 1st and 2nd of January, I think. I really pity you Aussies, being a separate continent has a lot of advantages and also a lot disadvantages in this specific case...

7 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Thank you! 

Hide contents

He's got to be, right? The set said "bounty hunters" and we haven't seen any in the trailers. Not a huge spoiler either, since 

Spoiler

If you don't read the comics you've got no idea who the kriff he is and he just looks like a cool wookie bounty hunter.

I'm trying to think of others that could be seen as bounty hunters, I can't see anyone looking at a fig of the mayor and saying that's a bounty hunter, maybe the assassins from episode one?

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He's got to be, right? The set said "bounty hunters" and we haven't seen any in the trailers. Not a huge spoiler either, since 

Hide contents

If you don't read the comics you've got no idea who the kriff he is and he just looks like a cool wookie bounty hunter.

I'm trying to think of others that could be seen as bounty hunters, I can't see anyone looking at a fig of the mayor and saying that's a bounty hunter, maybe the assassins from episode one?

What about the bounty hunter that brought in the Gamorreans in Episode 1?