kris kelvin

[MOC] Great Coral Reef

Recommended Posts

Hello. Here it is my last work. First time underwater :)

Coral reef:

51211106361_18dc7eda5b_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a beautiful reef! So many unique components and colors. It looks very realistic. Fantastic work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible work throughout, though I think my favourite part is the pink mohawk pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow this is magnificent! You can almost identify real individual species, portrayed with a single part or very simple build! A++++++ work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this is gorgeous! So many details and great parts usage!

The photography is also great, but a part of me wonders what it would look like with a more blue filtered light to see if that could give it a bit more of an "underwater" feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My oh my! :pir-love:

I very much like different hair pieces used to fill the reef and make it look realistic. Astonishing job on this one! :pir-thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful one !

I love the use of unusual parts like the arctic hats the backpacks and the spider suit from minifig series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

That is a beautiful reef! So many unique components and colors. It looks very realistic. Fantastic work.

Thanks :)

12 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Incredible work throughout, though I think my favourite part is the pink mohawk pieces

Thank you :) I wasn`t convinced about this part but it looks really well.

10 hours ago, Karalora said:

Holy cow this is magnificent! You can almost identify real individual species, portrayed with a single part or very simple build! A++++++ work!

Thanks a lot :)

10 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Wow, this is gorgeous! So many details and great parts usage!

The photography is also great, but a part of me wonders what it would look like with a more blue filtered light to see if that could give it a bit more of an "underwater" feel.

Thanks :)
Unfortunately my photo skills are very week. And this the best what I can do :)

10 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Wow! This is seriously impressive. 

Thanks :)

2 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

My oh my! :pir-love:

I very much like different hair pieces used to fill the reef and make it look realistic. Astonishing job on this one! :pir-thumb:

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wonderful one !

I love the use of unusual parts like the arctic hats the backpacks and the spider suit from minifig series.

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find coral reefs perfect to experiment with parts use and colour.

There's a lot of surprising parts included, easy to miss at first, but adding great variation. My favs are bags/sack with handle, hair pieces like magenta mohawks or the CMF's cabaret singers head decoration, and trolls' hair pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

That’s amazing!  Truly remarkable parts usage throughout!

Thanks :)

15 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

I find coral reefs perfect to experiment with parts use and colour.

There's a lot of surprising parts included, easy to miss at first, but adding great variation. My favs are bags/sack with handle, hair pieces like magenta mohawks or the CMF's cabaret singers head decoration, and trolls' hair pieces. 

Thanks.

That`s true. It`s really fun tryingto use all these strange parts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so amazing great.

And there is so much Nice Parts Usage.

Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always enjoy these coral reef builds people do, and yours is an especially stunning example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to add also that you can really get a sense of the currents that might be present from the direction that various patches of organisms are "pointing." Every time I look at it I discover more details!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 10:13 PM, Wout said:

This is so amazing great.

And there is so much Nice Parts Usage.

Well done.

Thanks :)

5 hours ago, Duvors said:

I always enjoy these coral reef builds people do, and yours is an especially stunning example.

Thank you  :)

It was fun to build.

4 hours ago, Karalora said:

Want to add also that you can really get a sense of the currents that might be present from the direction that various patches of organisms are "pointing." Every time I look at it I discover more details!

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! I really love it! 

Great details everywhere and a lot of movement as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Patgeo said:

Congratulations! I really love it! 

Great details everywhere and a lot of movement as well!

Thanks my good man :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 10:02 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

So many colors and so much marine flora ...a masterpiece of technique! :wub_drool:

Thank you my good man :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All i can say is just; wow. You should put this on lego ideas or something, because it looks amazing:pir-love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 6:11 PM, Gregdabrat said:

All i can say is just; wow. You should put this on lego ideas or something, because it looks amazing:pir-love:

Thanks :)

14 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Magnificent job! GIMME THAT THING!!!

Thanks :)

By the way. It`s on Ideas right now so you can vote if you wish.
When I say you can vote I mean you have to :D
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8828d99e-6495-42b2-859f-ccb5ee620e08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.