MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Amory looks great, Mando gets his jetpack! Also, I really like the blaster and build for Paz. Looks great and the use of the "buff-up" piece that was used for the Dark Trooper and Wrecker. 

Where have you seen the armory pics? I can only find pics of the figures. Agreed about those figures, love that paz figure.

4 hours ago, avengers777 said:

 I don't think that the angle does the Armorer's helmet justice, but these minifigures look so good! Easily one of the best waves ever 😁

I agree, this might be the best wave in ages.

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oof, Armourer looking rough. Printed horns on a normal Mando helmet would've looked better. And the bad angle strikes again! Everyone looks like they have a massive forehead.

I think it's the same mold as Gar Saxon, and it's just the angle making it look bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

If the Armory figures are in the back of the Shuttle instructions, then it likely also has HD pics of the rest of the wave's figs. Hopefully that means better pics soon!

I am also interested to see pictures of the other 3 Mandalorian set figures... The source is in no way obligated to share these, I am thankful they shared the picture of the minifigures, but I am guessing the instructions would also give us a picture of the Forge itself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Where have you seen the armory pics? I can only find pics of the figures. Agreed about those figures, love that paz figure.

Sincere apologies, I was excited and was overly brief when typing. I have only seen the picture of the figures. 

 

Hopefully more comes soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Childish_Landino said:

I am also interested to see pictures of the other 3 Mandalorian set figures... The source is in no way obligated to share these, I am thankful they shared the picture of the minifigures, but I am guessing the instructions would also give us a picture of the Forge itself...

According to the original instagram leaker, lrb studios, their source isn't going to give them anymore photos, sadly (Posted on their story).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Armory figures look great, though the Armorer herself does seem like she's lacking a little bulk without any fur/cape. A fur piece like those Solo troopers have would've been great.

From the catalogue images, it still looks like Mando isn't going to have a face in these sets, which is a shame. Now that we've seen it multiple times, it's not like it's a secret any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this isn't too offtopic but what do people think the chances are that Lego recolours this hair part into black with red for hunter?

It wouldn't be perfect but I think it'd be pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hopefully this isn't too offtopic but what do people think the chances are that Lego recolours this hair part into black with red for hunter?

Personally I think the chances are near total zero. I've seen people in here say that LEGO isn't shy to update figures, but I haven't seen many examples of them updating figures in quick succession, except little unnecessary print updates.

They've made their choice with Hunter's hair piece, and I think they'll stick with it - if there are any more Bad Batch sets at all (which doesn't seem like a given to me anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm.... if the Armourer’s horns are the same color as Saxon’s, does that mean they’re made of rubber? Or is the piece dual moulded? Keen to get it in hand. She doesn’t look as bad as I was thinking when I saw Saxon, but I agree she’s missing something. The pouldron from the range troopers would’ve looked great on her. Paz looks alright but he really would’ve benefited from a new helmet mould as well. Still great to be getting a new mandalorian figure, no doubt his pieces will turn up in some purist customs. Show me the build!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Hmmmm.... if the Armourer’s horns are the same color as Saxon’s, does that mean they’re made of rubber? Or is the piece dual moulded? Keen to get it in hand. She doesn’t look as bad as I was thinking when I saw Saxon, but I agree she’s missing something. The pouldron from the range troopers would’ve looked great on her. Paz looks alright but he really would’ve benefited from a new helmet mould as well. Still great to be getting a new mandalorian figure, no doubt his pieces will turn up in some purist customs. Show me the build!

I'm waiting to see the finished article, they may have to Range Trooper pauldrons.  The figs look better that I expected, really like the look of the heavy trooper as well.

 

Easily one of the best waves in years and with 2 possible UCS reveals, it could go down as one of the best waves in SW Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's a new image of Boba Fett and despite my issues with the mismatched greens, dang it's a great looking figure! Hopefully this new picture means we'll get a better look at Slave I and the other figures and sets soon. Also, I hope we'll soon see the face underneath.

I plan on using the Hun Warrior cape from the cmf series for the Armorer, it's not perfect but I think it's a pretty darn good option.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

There's a new image of Boba Fett and despite my issues with the mismatched greens, dang it's a great looking figure! Hopefully this new picture means we'll get a better look at Slave I and the other figures and sets soon. Also, I hope we'll soon see the face underneath.

I plan on using the Hun Warrior cape from the cmf series for the Armorer, it's not perfect but I think it's a pretty darn good option.

Based on the comparison, the argument could be made the decision to keep the helmet sand green was intentional. Otherwise the darker green on the "cheek" of the helmet couldn't be captured. The jet pack, on the other hand...

I do wish the cloth from Imperials in the Solo came in brown. It seems to have an accurate 3-dimensionality to it that other capes don't. Based on the "Body Wear" pieces on BrickLink in the various shades of brown, there's no 'perfect fit' and it does seem to come down to shape (Solo Imperials) or color (Hun or otherwise short cape).

 

Generally speaking... anybody else feel like something about the designs lately feels more like customs? Not saying it's good or bad, just that the artistic direction seems 'different' from the normal TLG minifigure stylization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Based on the comparison, the argument could be made the decision to keep the helmet sand green was intentional. Otherwise the darker green on the "cheek" of the helmet couldn't be captured.

It does seem like their hands were tied by their own colour palette. The printing and mould colour palette are one and the same, and dark green is LEGO's darkest green. It's the best match for Boba's repainted armour, and in the show his chest armour and helmet are clearly the same colour, but if LEGO went with dark green for the helmet then they would have had to use black for the cheeks. Even regular green would have been too bright for the armour and helmet.

The two things some of these have in common with what customs tend to do are continue printing from the torso over the hips, and arm printing. However, the majority of these figures still lack enough crazy minute printing and other features to seem like customs to me!

Even if I don't get many of these sets, this year is feeling as exciting as 2011 to me. That year had so much good Star Wars stuff - new characters and moulds, great updates to characters, some new ships and properly redone one. That was a great year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anyone think the Lego Con Star Wars set reveal might be the 150th Brickhead(z)? The most recent Brickheadz set, the Ninjago pack, ended on 148. (FYI, the Lego Con SW set reveal is just one set). It would make sense to have a fan-voted set be revealed at a fan event.

Sources:

Lego Con (reveal being one set)

Lego Ideas (SW Brickhead being #150)

Brickset (Ninjago Brickheadz numbering)

Edited by SuperSith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Personally I think the chances are near total zero. I've seen people in here say that LEGO isn't shy to update figures, but I haven't seen many examples of them updating figures in quick succession, except little unnecessary print updates.

They've made their choice with Hunter's hair piece, and I think they'll stick with it - if there are any more Bad Batch sets at all (which doesn't seem like a given to me anyway).

that piece would be great.. but on the other hand people would complain about no printing on the one-colour headband.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Hmmmm.... if the Armourer’s horns are the same color as Saxon’s, does that mean they’re made of rubber? Or is the piece dual moulded? Keen to get it in hand. She doesn’t look as bad as I was thinking when I saw Saxon, but I agree she’s missing something. The pouldron from the range troopers would’ve looked great on her. Paz looks alright but he really would’ve benefited from a new helmet mould as well. Still great to be getting a new mandalorian figure, no doubt his pieces will turn up in some purist customs. Show me the build!

I don't think. On Saxton it looked to me like it's gun metal grey-black dual molded (which I doubt now). But the Armorer has a different shape of visor etc. - so I think it would not work well with dual molding.


Overall I think we have just been spoiled by all he beautiful dual molded pieces from Star Wars and ninjago :pir-grin:
Printing and printing quality on "old style" helmets isn't the same anymore. Then again helmets might become bigger with dual molding and people wont like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperSith said:

Does anyone think the Lego Con Star Wars set reveal might be the 150th Brickhead(z)? The most recent Brickheadz set, the Ninjago pack, ended on 148. (FYI, the Lego Con SW set reveal is just one set). It would make sense to have a fan-voted set be revealed at a fan event.

Sources:

Lego Con (reveal being one set)

Lego Ideas (SW Brickhead being #150)

Brickset (Ninjago Brickheadz numbering)

Man, that would be a huge bummer if true.

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

Based on the comparison, the argument could be made the decision to keep the helmet sand green was intentional. Otherwise the darker green on the "cheek" of the helmet couldn't be captured. The jet pack, on the other hand...

 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

It does seem like their hands were tied by their own colour palette. The printing and mould colour palette are one and the same, and dark green is LEGO's darkest green. It's the best match for Boba's repainted armour, and in the show his chest armour and helmet are clearly the same colour, but if LEGO went with dark green for the helmet then they would have had to use black for the cheeks. Even regular green would have been too bright for the armour and helmet.

Yeah I pointed out in a previous post that the dark green of his "cheeks" would be a problem if they molded the helmet in the appropriate dark green. Even though regular green is too bright, it's still darker than sand green and I think would have been a better compromise than to do what they did and split the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperSith said:

Does anyone think the Lego Con Star Wars set reveal might be the 150th Brickhead(z)? The most recent Brickheadz set, the Ninjago pack, ended on 148. (FYI, the Lego Con SW set reveal is just one set). It would make sense to have a fan-voted set be revealed at a fan event.

Sources:

Lego Con (reveal being one set)

Lego Ideas (SW Brickhead being #150)

Brickset (Ninjago Brickheadz numbering)

If it’s not the gunship this could be it... keen to see what this one turns out to be. I voted for Jaws so I’m not hoping for anything in particular, just something other than Jar Jar :ugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

Generally speaking... anybody else feel like something about the designs lately feels more like customs? Not saying it's good or bad, just that the artistic direction seems 'different' from the normal TLG minifigure stylization.

While I do think Lego's quality has really increased with its figures such as all the new clone faces and all the various toe printing, the new 501st clone style looks so knockoff its not funny.

They created some random art-style that blended both but also added its own random elements. I'm happy to have them, but I would rather have them look like either the movies or the show. I really just want a consistent Phase II clone style, It looks weird to display the 501st clones with either the realistic clones or the clone wars versions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I don't think. On Saxton it looked to me like it's gun metal grey-black dual molded (which I doubt now). But the Armorer has a different shape of visor etc. - so I think it would not work well with dual molding.

Only the horns would be dual-moulded into the helmet, not the visor. Gar Saxon's horns and helmet look like the same colour to me, but that doesn't mean they aren't dual moulded, especially if the horns are a slightly different plastic. The other possibility is that it's not dual moulded and the Armorer has a paint application on hers. LEGO used to do paint applications that comprehensive sometimes before they started leaning more towards dual-moulding in these situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Only the horns would be dual-moulded into the helmet, not the visor. Gar Saxon's horns and helmet look like the same colour to me, but that doesn't mean they aren't dual moulded, especially if the horns are a slightly different plastic. The other possibility is that it's not dual moulded and the Armorer has a paint application on hers. LEGO used to do paint applications that comprehensive sometimes before they started leaning more towards dual-moulding in these situations.

I'm pretty sure the horms are painted given how shiny they are and the fact there's some "bleed" of the black paint onto the helmet. If they were dual-molded, they'd typically have more crisp and consistent color seperation. Plus if they bothered to dual-mold the horns in they'd likely be made more rubbery and that material is usually more matte.

Moving away from minifigs for a second, there are 2 features I would love the new Slave I to have: 1. A seismic charge drop feature and 2. Space for 2 minifigs to sit inside. Examining the picture, there's definitely enough space for them to fit 2 minifigs back to back, especially since it doesn't have a rotating cockpit feature where it needs room to accommodate. That would certainly make up for it in my eyes. Imagine, one of the smallest Slave I's we ever get and it's the first to have room for 2 minifigs since Jango Fett's Slave I from 2002!

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that regular green was the way to go with the new Boba armour. But from the sounds of his description, I may well end up displaying mine helmetless anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oof, Armourer looking rough. Printed horns on a normal Mando helmet would've looked better. And the bad angle strikes again! Everyone looks like they have a massive forehead.

Agree with you there, think Mandr called this awhile ago aswell. I'm not too impressed with the helmet and fur missing, but still getting it anyway. Paz is looking as expected, good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Does anyone think the Lego Con Star Wars set reveal might be the 150th Brickhead(z)? The most recent Brickheadz set, the Ninjago pack, ended on 148. (FYI, the Lego Con SW set reveal is just one set). It would make sense to have a fan-voted set be revealed at a fan event.

Sources:

Lego Con (reveal being one set)

Lego Ideas (SW Brickhead being #150)

Brickset (Ninjago Brickheadz numbering)

That's not a bad call - completely forgot that was supposed to be coming. Any chance that's what the mystery 75369 is? I don't collect Brickheadz so can't remember if their numbering follows the Star Wars sequence or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

That's not a bad call - completely forgot that was supposed to be coming. Any chance that's what the mystery 75369 is? I don't collect Brickheadz so can't remember if their numbering follows the Star Wars sequence or not.

Nope, Brickheadz have their own range of set numbers :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

If it’s not the gunship this could be it... keen to see what this one turns out to be. I voted for Jaws so I’m not hoping for anything in particular, just something other than Jar Jar :ugh:

A lot of people are didn't MandR run a campaign for Jar Jar?  Perhaps an ObiWan as Kenobi is coming soon would be a nice omage to the OT as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I agree that regular green was the way to go with the new Boba armour. But from the sounds of his description, I may well end up displaying mine helmetless anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Honestly I think the helmet looks great, even with the "wrong colour" but yeah, helmetless Boba ftw

We've come a long way from the angry clone face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.