MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a new #LegoStarWars hashtag with Vader emoji over on Twitter.

Lego The Skywalker Saga news today? :excited:

Could be just for May the Fourth? I hope it is news about the game, but maybe just for Star Wars Day (Week?). Why not hope for both!

Imo Lego are still struggling to find an equilibrium after Disney jacked up the license and forced them to either increase the price or make the sets smaller.

In the UCS and MBS market there seems to be enough spending power for the former to work, but apparently not so much for the regular sized sets.They still make larger sets when there's a new movie, but then it tapers off immediately. Either the sets aren't selling well enough or there is not enough interest when the hype dies down. In the OT and PT lines large and medium sets have become more scarce. Those we do get tend to be remakes of best sellers. On the other hand the MBS line is offering some incredible sets, and now with a proper PT UCS we might see some good sets from there in the MBS line as well. But of course they only get released every other year or so. The few new and interesting sets we get in regular scale are almost always small 2-300 piece sets, which is disappointing. Talking about the OT and the PT here (and CW). If you're into everything Disney Star Wars I think it's harder to argue that the golden age is over. The big and medium sets since 2015 have been dedicated to those films. I can't comment too much on their quality, but they are certainly not a step down from the past in terms of size and accuracy. 

2020 and 2021 have been a little better for the simple reason that there has been no new movies. 22 and 23 will likely also be better for the OT, PT and CW. Hopefully the Gunship does well, that could mean a return for larger CW era sets.   

Now I break the longest silence on this forum since I registrated. 

But Im confused so wonder if anybody can answer what happened with the gunship? I thought we were sure it was coming next weekend?

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Now I break the longest silence on this forum since I registrated. 

But Im confused so wonder if anybody can answer what happened with the gunship? I thought we were sure it was coming next weekend?

Ok so basically we thought it was gonna be the May 4 $200 set and it turned out that was R2, the Gunship is going to be 350, and there’s an 800 AT AT rumored as well. We have no idea when the latter two are coming out, only that they are, the current speculation is the Gunship with the summer stuff and the AT AT in November. 

Shit. So I aint buying anything this wave either. Its the first time in ages I dont buy any new stuff in the first 6 months of the year.

When can we expect reliable information on when UCS Gunship / AT-AT are releasing? It'd be awesome if AT-AT came out in September but that'd also mean I have to tighten my spending even more until it drops... :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

When can we expect reliable information on when UCS Gunship / AT-AT are releasing? It'd be awesome if AT-AT came out in September but that'd also mean I have to tighten my spending even more until it drops... :laugh: 

No offense but, how many times are people going to ask this exact same question? The information comes out when it comes out. It could be the day LEGO announces it, or it could leak tomorrow. No one here can predict when that will be -- what happened last year, or the year before that, isn't a reliable indicator of what will happen this year, especially if there are indeed three D2Cs rather than the usual two.

6 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I think there was a video a while ago where some person described the details. I think the leaker is called "mandy products" but either he lost his channel or he had to delete it. Theres a similar channel but I belive its a fake from a troll because the leak video is not to be found.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No offense but, how many times are people going to ask this exact same question? The information comes out when it comes out. It could be the day LEGO announces it, or it could leak tomorrow. No one here can predict when that will be -- what happened last year, or the year before that, isn't a reliable indicator of what will happen this year, especially if there are indeed three D2Cs rather than the usual two.

None taken. I was just asking since I saw some people on this forum also mention September as a speculated release date, which I hadn't heard about before... hence my question

Did some of you already built the Darth Vader helmet? I would like to know how is the building proceeds, as he is one of my favorite characters of the Star Wars saga and I am thinking to buy that set, but I never built sets with mostly black pieces and sometimes when I got black/dark grey pieces in some steps in my sets, I struggled a bit with the buildings, blaming the shading, the light and the color print on the instructions booklets.

42 minutes ago, Sam27 said:

Did some of you already built the Darth Vader helmet? I would like to know how is the building proceeds, as he is one of my favorite characters of the Star Wars saga and I am thinking to buy that set, but I never built sets with mostly black pieces and sometimes when I got black/dark grey pieces in some steps in my sets, I struggled a bit with the buildings, blaming the shading, the light and the color print on the instructions booklets.

The instructions will be online now. Perhaps take a look with no cost and see if it’s something you can handle.

14 hours ago, Sam27 said:

sometimes when I got black/dark grey pieces in some steps in my sets, I struggled a bit with the buildings, blaming the shading, the light and the color print on the instructions booklets.

It might help you to know that this is a very frequent issue. To help combat it LEGO started changing the outline of the pieces in the instructions. In all newer instruction books dark grey pieces have a black outline and black pieces have a white outline. 

Someone on the LSW subreddit found a bunch of links to pre-set product pages for the summer wave, and it looks like the Vader Meditation Chamber is only going to be $50 and the AT AT is confirmed. 

18 minutes ago, Gontron said:

No mention of the 30$ set, maybe it was the one that got cancelled? 

it's a retail exclusive and those usually leak later than everything else.

46 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Someone on the LSW subreddit found a bunch of links to pre-set product pages for the summer wave, and it looks like the Vader Meditation Chamber is only going to be $50 and the AT AT is confirmed. 

Nice. How legit is this guy? Did he include photos? $50 seems reasonable for Vader's Meditation Chamber, but I thought it would be more pricy than that.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Nice. How legit is this guy? Did he include photos? $50 seems reasonable for Vader's Meditation Chamber, but I thought it would be more pricy than that.

Really not sure on reliability but his story seemed to add up. 

also, I found an older TV spot for BB on the Star Wars Instagram and it’s looking like the repainting theory is correct. There’s a very quick shot of the shuttle flying across the screen and it’s a light blue/grey color with red, unlike it used to be and accurate to the set. So Lego, while they are still bloody idiots for making it look as bad as it did, aren’t totally megablocking insane. 

Edit: I love that the F word gets automatically censored to mega blocking lmaoooo

Edited by hondohnaka

28 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Really not sure on reliability but his story seemed to add up. 

also, I found an older TV spot for BB on the Star Wars Instagram and it’s looking like the repainting theory is correct. There’s a very quick shot of the shuttle flying across the screen and it’s a light blue/grey color with red, unlike it used to be and accurate to the set. So Lego, while they are still bloody idiots for making it look as bad as it did, aren’t totally megablocking insane. 

Edit: I love that the F word gets automatically censored to mega blocking lmaoooo

wait it actually megablocking does? That's incredible! :laugh:

Honestly if the colors are correct, then the only problems with the set I have are the inclusion of the BARC and whether or not it can fit the whole crew.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

wait it actually megablocking does? That's incredible! :laugh:

Honestly if the colors are correct, then the only problems with the set I have are the inclusion of the BARC and whether or not it can fit the whole crew.

You better megablocking believe it. The BARC speeder is a cool recolor tbh but the pieces should have been used in the ship. The fact that Hunter is using the green speeder worries me since he’s the boss and should be flying the ship. I’m guessing there’s space for one in the cockpit and then two in the back. 

I think the Ahsoka VS Maul set isn't getting talked about enough. This will probably be the best duel set. I wonder if the Darth maul will be a repeat of the crimson dawn one without the necklace?

17 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

I think the Ahsoka VS Maul set isn't getting talked about enough. This will probably be the best duel set. I wonder if the Darth maul will be a repeat of the crimson dawn one without the necklace?

It’s a set that I’m looking forward to.
I hope Maul uses the demogorgon's legs, but I don't think it's going to happen. The set will also have the prison in which Maul is. Maybe a new mold in the same genre as carbonite ?

21 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Hopefully they at least keep Maul's face print from the Crimson Dawn figure. It easily the best design they've done for him to date.

I don’t think anybody is talking about the Mandalore Duel because we got Ahsoka last year, but hopefully this one will actually be available in Australia after day 1 unlike the AAT. I’m most excited for the Mando fighter, I’ve wanted a Bo-Katan figure since her debut all those years ago. Also keen for Gideon’s cruiser, love the big ship builds and Gideon is probably my favourite character out of anything Disney has produced with the Star Wars licensed. Really hoping Cara Dune didn’t get axed from it if only for the fact that it’ll really piss off the vocal minority. Planning on grabbing the whole wave sans the Slave I provided that Australia actually gets stock. 

Edited by Brikkyy13

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don’t think anybody is talking about the Mandalore Duel because we got Ahsoka last year, but hopefully this one will actually be available in Australia after day 1 unlike the AAT. I’m most excited for the Mando fighter, I’ve wanted a Bo-Katan figure since her debut all those years ago. Also keen for Gideon’s cruiser, love the big ship builds and Gideon is probably my favourite character out of anything Disney has produced with the Star Wars licensed. Really hoping Cara Dune didn’t get axed from it if only for the fact that it’ll really piss off the vocal minority. Planning on grabbing the whole wave sans the Slave I provided that Australia actually gets stock. 

I feel like getting them day 1 is a thing in Australia as retail barely have any to buy most times these days.

3 hours ago, Bababricks said:

It’s a set that I’m looking forward to.
I hope Maul uses the demogorgon's legs, but I don't think it's going to happen. The set will also have the prison in which Maul is. Maybe a new mold in the same genre as carbonite ?

Why would he use those legs though? He has perfectly "normal" legs in S7. Ideally, they would be dual molded but one can only dream.

I also thought about the prison cell thingy. Since this would be the smallest duel set by piece count (147), making that out of bricks wouldn't leave much for the throne room itself. And considering how bulky it would need to be to fit an entire minifigure, I'm really curious to see if they went ahead with a new mold. It definitely is a set I'm really looking forward to seeing!