MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Just watched a Shuttle review and ugh maybe it was just the distance from the camera but I’m definitely sliding back into doomering about it. The actual shuttle is just so small for 100 dollars. 

I watched Brick Wiz's video and it made me want to cancel my pre order cause the figures seem really lack luster (Specifically Crosshair). They're all missing backpacks except Tech and the lack of arm printing coupled with the ships size make this seem like a 70-80 dollar set not a $99.99. I'll still get it cause I'm impatient but it feels like Lego really mailed it in on this set but tried really hard on the other sets in the wave (Boba, Paz, Fenner, Gar, Bo). I don't know if that's because they thought BB would be unpopular compared to CW7 and Mando or they were trying to save money and not make new molds. I hope its the first but I fear it might be the second. 

2 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I watched Brick Wiz's video and it made me want to cancel my pre order cause the figures seem really lack luster (Specifically Crosshair). 

Really? Every single one of them has all-new prints from top to bottom, including unique faceprints for all five (two of them double-sided even), new helmets (with one new mould), additional hairpieces for two of them, plus arm-printing for Echo. And that’s somehow still not enough? :wacko:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And that’s somehow still not enough? :wacko:

I may be a broken record but it's the P2 helmets that kill these minifigures for me. They're simply wrong. The other problems are that Tech's helmet is comically large and Echo's implant that wraps around his head is smushed into the back of his head. However, if those two problems remained and the P2 helmets were replaced with another new mould, I'd probably want these. As it is, all of the new stuff is great but when the key look of three out of five characters is wrong, that's not good enough.

28 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I may be a broken record but it's the P2 helmets that kill these minifigures for me. They're simply wrong. The other problems are that Tech's helmet is comically large and Echo's implant that wraps around his head is smushed into the back of his head. However, if those two problems remained and the P2 helmets were replaced with another new mould, I'd probably want these. As it is, all of the new stuff is great but when the key look of three out of five characters is wrong, that's not good enough.

Just get custom helmets, that is what I plan on doing. I did it for rex and all my other P2 helmets. :)

15 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Just get custom helmets, that is what I plan on doing. I did it for rex and all my other P2 helmets. :)

And add even more money to spend on these? No thanks. Customs aren't my interest. If it's a character I really care about that LEGO hasn't done quite right, like Ahsoka, I suck it up and get LEGO's anyway. If it's characters I care less about that LEGO hasn't done right, I'll skip them.

23 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

And add even more money to spend on these? No thanks. Customs aren't my interest. If it's a character I really care about that LEGO hasn't done quite right, like Ahsoka, I suck it up and get LEGO's anyway. If it's characters I care less about that LEGO hasn't done right, I'll skip them.

besides the BB team looks quite nice. I'd actually prefer some consistancy between all the different helmets (BB just don't look like clones to me with original armor). And about Tech; these kind of helmets are always oversized. It's due to minifig-proportions.

With Ahsoka on the other hand; her Lekku are just looking bad. And TLG could do better. They just didn't reuse the old mold (which were also printed much better I might say) again - unfortunately. But in that case at least it's quite easy to get one online.

37 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

besides the BB team looks quite nice. I'd actually prefer some consistancy between all the different helmets (BB just don't look like clones to me with original armor). And about Tech; these kind of helmets are always oversized. It's due to minifig-proportions.

With Ahsoka on the other hand; her Lekku are just looking bad. And TLG could do better. They just didn't reuse the old mold (which were also printed much better I might say) again - unfortunately. But in that case at least it's quite easy to get one online.

Which is the optimal part for the lekku?

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I understand that, minifigs are my main interest so I spend more on them. :laugh:

14 hours ago, Safwanus said:

I'm still surprised and weirded-out that we didn't get a single official look at the mandalorian sets for this upcoming wave.

I really hope this doesn't mean that will be the reveal for LEGO Con...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the sets but seeing them again (albeit officially) during the Con would be disappointing. 

40 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I really hope this doesn't mean that will be the reveal for LEGO Con...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the sets but seeing them again (albeit officially) during the Con would be disappointing. 

I genuinely don’t think it is. The promo said “a new Lego set.” It would be a new level of stupid for them to only reveal one Mandalorian set.

13 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I genuinely don’t think it is. The promo said “a new Lego set.” It would be a new level of stupid for them to only reveal one Mandalorian set.

I hope you are right. I would have thought the gunship, but now everything is in doubt. Maybe something we have not heard about, wasn't there a set number that didn't have much news that was floating around? 

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gar Saxon has a new faceprint *oh2* They’re really going all out with this wave!

And most importantly it's SPOT ON!!
Personally I think I'll use the upcoming CM hair for him (when it'll be out of course)
image.png.319c3d30074093efed72496d15e0c9ac.png

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Really? Every single one of them has all-new prints from top to bottom, including unique faceprints for all five (two of them double-sided even), new helmets (with one new mould), additional hairpieces for two of them, plus arm-printing for Echo. And that’s somehow still not enough? :wacko:

Yeah, not every helmet is perfect, but they definately went all-out on these figures. 

Plus IMO the only one that's really that inaccurate is crosshair (Who needed the ARC mold), Hunter and Echo have similar enough helmets.

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gar Saxon has a new faceprint *oh2* They’re really going all out with this wave!

It looks great, too! I'm thinking for hair, the dog show winner's hair from the CMF should work in blond.

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

And most importantly it's SPOT ON!!
Personally I think I'll use the upcoming CM hair for him (when it'll be out of course)

I thought it was already out in this color, but apparently it's "bright light yellow" as opposed to tan.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I concur. They may not be perfect but they're still really good. Also, let's not forget we're getting the full team in one set, not spread out over 5 sets. Some of them could have used new molds but did you honestly expect every single one of them to get brand new molds in one set? That NEVER happens. If they had spread them out over multiple sets, they perhaps would have done that but then people would be up in arms about them forcing people to buy a bunch of sets instead of just one. You can't have it both ways, designers have limits on the number of new molds they can produce. The backpacks I can understand, it wouldn't have been hard to include a few more pieces. Granted, they wouldn't fit in the shuttle with them on but it'd be nice to have them.

Edited by ToaDraco

22 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I concur. They may not be perfect but they're still really good. Also, let's not forget we're getting the full team in one set, not spread out over 5 sets. Some of them could have used new molds but did you honestly expect every single one of them to get brand new molds in one set? That NEVER happens. If they had spread them out over multiple sets, they perhaps would have done that but then people would be up in arms about them forcing people to buy a bunch of sets instead of just one. You can't have it both ways, designers have limits on the number of new molds they can produce. The backpacks I can understand, it wouldn't have been hard to include a few more pieces. Granted, they wouldn't fit in the shuttle with them on but it'd be nice to have them.

Hunter at least should have had a backpack. Wrecker already has his armor thing and Echo being relatively small and slim in comparison to the others works. Hunter needs the backpack for the general silhouette otherwise he looks really skinny and weird 

4 hours ago, LDigital said:

Which is the optimal part for the lekku?

non, a new one would have been better and within Legos capacities to produce, unlike helmets which are not oversized - this is hard due to proportions as said.

But yeah, I'd have prefered the "young" Ahsoka piece for all figs. But until Lego decides to make a new piece for her or a new helmet for Mando - we are stuck with what we have.

Anyway cool about Saxtons headpiece. I really thought they'd reuse some random one as they did for more important characters.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, not every helmet is perfect, but they definately went all-out on these figures. 

Plus IMO the only one that's really that inaccurate is crosshair (Who needed the ARC mold), Hunter and Echo have similar enough helmets.

And make the fin even more noticeable? No thanks. He needed a new mold, Tech needed a visor that could actually move or at least an additional variant of the helmet where it was down and Echo needed better helmet prints just generally

Saxon's looking great all around, that head is really useful for other characters too. Man, the more I see the printing off of that new unnamed Mando's helmet, the more I fall in love with it. Superb detail. As far as the Bad Batch Shuttle figures go, I'm still shocked that they're all in the one set. Something Lego rarely does so I'm calling it a win. Yeah, they could have spent the money and made new helmet molds but that likely would've added 20 to the price. My only issue is the odd choice of coloring but I still think you're getting a lot for your money. 

I really think the fin isn't that big of a deal. It's like being upset that the General Veers helmet reused the imperial mudtrooper mould even though the goggles aren't the same shape.

12 minutes ago, AIex said:

I really think the fin isn't that big of a deal. It's like being upset that the General Veers helmet reused the imperial mudtrooper mould even though the goggles aren't the same shape.

Using the same helmet for three out of the five Bad Batchers is quite ludicrous. Hunter's helmet is a "Phase II" variant of the Clone Commando Helmet, Crosshair's helmet is a modified Phase 1.5 ARC Trooper helmet, minus the fin, and Echo's helmet is essentially a glorified faceplate that covers around his cybernetics...

Lego dropped the ball... Hard. Hunter isn't too bad, imo, but that helmet is extremely off. The entire shape is off. And Crosshair is just terrible... Imperial suit or no.

Why is no one talking about Tech’s goggles? They are too small when you put his helmet on, you can see his forehead peaking through

If they fixed Echo's mouth thing I'd hate the helmet less

Edited by ood0

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Some of them could have used new molds but did you honestly expect every single one of them to get brand new molds in one set? 

No, one more new mould to share between Hunter, Echo and Crosshair would have worked in my opinion. Not perfect but a lot better than the P2 helmet.

It's frustrating in light of all of the wonderful, accurate, detailed moulds that have been made over the past few years for all sort of minor characters and one-scene troopers/characters. Yes, I get that movie-tied waves get bigger budgets. Yes, I get that LEGO is going off of provided art and doesn't know how prominent something will of won't be in the movie.

However, when it's come to prominent animated characters who have a whole lot of screen time (Ahsoka and 3/5 of the Bad Batch), LEGO goes "eh good enough, we'll print on existing pieces and if you squint it'll look right". Not literally, but that's what it feels like.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Crosshair's new print is just black with some lines, hunter's missing his gun, tech helmet is oversized so you can't shut the back of the ship if he's in the back, echo has a hand instead of a gadget arm thingy (granted he might get a new hand but that's still dumb IMO). Also the use of P2 helmets just isn't accurate to the characters actual helmets. I think its a good set at like 60 or 70 dollars but for 100 dollars I'd think new molds and a bigger shuttle would be "enough" 

25 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

No, one more new mould to share between Hunter, Echo and Crosshair would have worked in my opinion. Not perfect but a lot better than the P2 helmet.

It's frustrating in light of all of the wonderful, accurate, detailed moulds that have been made over the past few years for all sort of minor characters and one-scene troopers/characters. Yes, I get that movie-tied waves get bigger budgets. Yes, I get that LEGO is going off of provided art and doesn't know how prominent something will of won't be in the movie.

However, when it's come to prominent animated characters who have a whole lot of screen time (Ahsoka and 3/5 of the Bad Batch), LEGO goes "eh good enough, we'll print on existing pieces and if you squint it'll look right". Not literally, but that's what it feels like.

This perfectly sums up how I feel about the BB set. A new mould for just Echo would be enough and maybe throw in a backpack and kama but instead of that we get two speeders nobody asked for.