Chilly_Productions

What was your first lego set?

I think my very first set would have been http://brickset.com/sets/6416-1/Poolside-Paradise

6416-1.jpg

I would have been seven years old at the time, which sounds about right to my memory. The things I remember most are "drowning" the minifigs in the pool, and having a hard time getting the spiral stars to connect to the top level without breaking the first level. I loved the parrot.

I found the same topic here. Shouldn't these two threads merge?

By the way, my first set was 386:

386-1.jpg?200709011119

I still have a few parts from it.

Edited by spirogero

My first set was a huge bin full of Legos, and that bin turned out to include many old and rare sets. Best yardsale ever! Though the first set I built from those bricks (with my parents help of course) was the set called Majisto's Tower.

I'm jealous of all of you having Lego sets as children. Somehow, that all passed me by. My first Lego set (as a youngster of 40...) was the Lego Movie Ice Cream truck after picking up a couple of the Lego Movie Minifigures. Shortly after that, I learned about the modulars and it was all downhill from there for my wallet.

Levo 6367 Semi Truck:http://brickset.com/sets/6367-1/Semi-Truck

Still hoping Lego releases a similar truck soon. I will buy the recent cargo truck if I find it..

Set 6375: Exxon station. That was accompanied by 6000, then 6304,05, and 06. Then the city rose! I was 3 years old.

Hi, everyone !

My first LEGO set was 8547: Mindstorms NXT 2.0

tn_8547_alt1_jpg.jpg

Edited by KamalMYafi

I think it was 7143 obi-wan's jedi star fighter. It's definitely my most memorable one and I still have it built.

2016-05-24%2012.28.06.jpg?dl=0

My first was 182 train set. I got it from "santa" when i was 5. I remember coming down on christmas morning at 6am and finding it half built under the tree. I found out a lot later on that my dad and his brother where up all night trying to build it and they had to hide behind the living room door when they heard me coming down the stairs. I finished building it in no time which my mother found quite amusing :grin: I still have 99% of it today, just missing some of the blue track pieces some wheels and the signal post

Here it is after years (decades) in my parents attic :blush:

DSC04544.jpg

I really must bricklink whats missing and get it working again

Edited by Modelmaker

I was sorting through my instructions and found the manual to my first lego set. Just holding it brought back fond memories. The one set that started it all. What was your first lego set? Does it bring back any memory's? This is one that I am pertically fond of.

1000x800p.jpg?1601287029.5174358

I first got into LEGO in 2010, and the first set I ever got was the 8086 Droid Tri-Fighter:

8086-1.jpg?200912130333

After this set, I was immediately hooked into LEGO, and got several other of the sets that were available that year. My second set I think was 8059 Seabed Scavenger

8059-1.jpg?200912120105

After that, me and my brothers also got several of the Hero Factory sets from that year. I specifically recall us getting this three guys:

7167-1.jpg?2010062403137164-1.jpg?2010062403137168-1.jpg?201006240313

Those things sparked such a big passion for LEGO in me that has never really stopped, and continues strong to this day. Unlike many people, I never experienced any sort of dark age of any kind. 

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts...

7190-1.jpg?200709280622

The original Millennium Falcon (set 7190) was the first set I remember getting for Christmas and building (with help!) in 2000... then set 8001 Technic Battle Droid (from Phantom Menace) followed shortly thereafter, but I never built it, being only 5 in 2000.

5701-1.jpg?200007021200

I also remember getting the Lego Loco computer video game, and playing it... but that couldn't have been in 1998, (when the game came out), as I would've been too small at age 3. Must've been at least 6 by then when I did play it, or so. Also, my copy was the barebones no-handcar version. I really wanted Super Station Master, but never got him until 2011, when my dad bought him on BrickLink.

Edited by Murdoch17

7245-1.jpg?200411060243

My first set was Prisoner Transport, just recently rebuilt it, sadly none of the original stickers have survived apart from that 'police' print on the 1x4 tile.