Sign in to follow this  
Jimalaya

Lego should do Star Wars collectible mini figures

Although I won't believe in the rumor of a SW CMF series untile there is an official announcement, the idea of one is something I've always welcomed, much to my wallet's chagrin, but with the renewed discussion about it and hearing some of the wildest ideas (a clone CMF series? Seriously? I would love it, but we know it's nothing more than a dream) I've started thinking about what would be a realistic line up of an official one, and I think that the vast majority of people clamoring for a SW CMF would be disappointed. LEGO likes playing it safe with Star Wars, we've known it for a while and the rumors about the 2021 wave mostly confirm that again, so even if we get a first CMF series I think most of the slots would be taken by main characters instead of the likes of Elan Sleazegabbano, Captain Keeli or Willrow Hood. Maybe if there's a series 2 we could see some more obscure characters, but not in a first one.

So here's what my hypothetical 16 slots CMF series would look like according to the playing it safe trend:

1) Luke - There has to be an OT Luke, hopefully not a Tatooine one, but this could be the perfect opportunity to have the yellow jacket Luke with medal accessory some people have been wanting for a while.
2) Leia  - Same as Luke, she would be in her celebration dress and have a medal accessory, since the minifig only appeared in one Y-Wing back in 2012
3) Han - Here's when it gets tough: there needs to be a Han to complete the trio, but which version? To maintain the theme the best option would be the one people wanted in the UCS Cantina, so ep IV with 2molded legs and medal

4) Obi-Wan - a PT Obi-Wan, probably in simple jedi robes but if they wanted to mix it up a little they could make a non-CW style of the CW half armored Obi-Wan, or even go all the way and give him the ep II hair and base him on the old Tartakovsky cartoon
5) Anakin - Same as Han, which Anakin? The best bet would be a simple CW/ep III version, being the most recognizable, but then again we haven't seen padawan Anakin since 2013
6) Padmé - To complete the PT main trio, although she has a plethora of costumes I think the best bet to appease everyone without the need for new moulds would be the Theed battle one in dark red

Now comes the hard part: as much as I'd want to skip them, the ST characters will have to be represented, so Finn, Poe and Rey are a given:
7) Finn - IIRC Finn has a grand total of six costumes wardrobe variants, all already out there in minifig version. The best bet to make it unique would be Stormtrooper Finn with hair and helmet with bloody handprint. Too violent? I thought so at first, then realized that it should be a minifig hand print, cutting down on the violence element, and probably not even in red but in some dark gray/black hue as if it was sooth. After all there was a fire going in that scene.
8) Rey
9) Poe
These two are lumped together because for the love of me I can't think of a variant striking enough to warrant a slot in a CMF, but they will probably be part of it anyway. Let me know if you have some ideas.

Main good guys taken care of we have seven slots to fill from three different trilogies, and here's where it gets harder:

10) Kylo Ren/Ben Solo - Probably the only main villain that can be in a CMF, seeing as he already appeared in two microfighters. No clue on which variant to make it unique enough, maybe they could do a Ben Solo from the comics/ep VIII flashback, as that is a fig we wouldn't probably see otherwise
11) Aunt Beru/Shmi Skywalker - If we're getting one the first CMF would be the perfect -if not only- way, but I'm afraid it's either one or the other.
12) Dryden Vos - I don't think LEGO will revisit Solo  anytime soon, so this would be the perfect way to give us a highly sought minifig that won't be in a set for the near future
13) Admiral Piett - At least one villain from the OT has to appear, but to me it's unlikely that someone like Tarkin or Palpatine would be in a CMF, let alone Vader, so Admiral Piett is the next best thing. With dual moulded legs to instantly become one of the more sold ones, it doubles as "random imperial officer" to those who don't know/remember every single character name
14) Named Clone - It is quite apparent that many people love the clones and TCW, so this would be Lego throwing us a bone giving the slot to one named clone from the prequel era. Which one I don't know, but somehow I don't think it could be P2 Cody nor P2 Rex, seeing as those two could easily sell something like the last Grievous Starfighter just by being in a set
15) Separatist leader/Alien Jedi - To fill the villain quota in the case of a separatist leader or the alien quota if either of one, this slot is quite open to more obscure characters that they don't know where to put, even though the jedi are quite the wild card and can easily be put with any republic vehicle (cfr Aayla with the 2017 tank)
16) Ewok - also to fill the alien quota, an ewok is here for two reasons: first they have recently used the mould for the endor assault thing, so a recolor of Wicket with another name slapped on is an easy solution, and second it's not a real CMF series if there isn't at least one fig with short legs :D

Anyway, let me know what you think about this and how disappointed you would be if the supposed CMF turns out to be something like this.

Edited by Per_SW

10 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

It's true that people might not buy a big set if the figure was available in a CMF series, but that doesn't stop them from including exclusive figures only in the large sets. 

This is very true, and works perfectly fine with Harry Potter at the moment. They include major main characters such as professor Slughorn and Dolores Umbridge to work as lures in the sets but then more obscure characters, whom everyone wants to include into their castle but of which making sets might not make sense, into the CMF line such as professor Sprout or Moaning Myrtle.

We could all easily see the same logic working in Star Wars. Put Commander Cody into the 200 dollars Republic Gunship and everyone buys the set if only for the sake of Cody, whereas everybody would probably love to get Boss Nass or a clone trooper in the red training fatigues into their Star Wars universe as well, but such characters might still not be exactly the best lures for the big sets.

There is also an effect that the children become more interested and loyal to a theme if they get the main characters cheaply as a kickstart. This actually happened to me when I was 9 years old and got Luke, Vader, Palpatine and Obi-Wan from these beloved small sets:
7203 Jedi Defense I | Lego Star Wars Wiki | FandomLEGO - Star Wars - 7200   7201 - Figuuri Story Tellers - - Catawiki
This is also the reason why they include Harry, Ron and Hermione in every Harry Potter CMF line, because they are the key to get new kids starting to build their own Hogwarts. For the same reason including the main character(s) from the originals or the prequels might make sense in a Star Wars line, too, though for us adults it might be a little disappointing.

Edited by Samppu

Regarding Padme I almost feel its a waste to include one of her action costumes. While its ridiculous we have gone so long without figures based on her Theed Battle, Droid Factory and Mustafar outfits, none of these require new parts and can be thrown into any number of potential sets. It would be better to take advantage of the new molds a CMF series provides and go with one of her more extravagant gowns that wouldn't normally be released anywhere else.

For the other characters I think the DC, Lego Batman and Harry Potter waves have proven you don't need to have your main heroes in their most recognizable costumes. There's plenty of untouched variants they could pick from for a CMF series.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

For the other characters I think the DC, Lego Batman and Harry Potter waves have proven you don't need to have your main heroes in their most recognizable costumes. There's plenty of untouched variants they could pick from for a CMF series.

I agree. And personally I would prefer CMF series to be done without the main characters at all (unless they have those untouched and interesting variants), as they tend to be easily available elsewhere, but considering the pure business aspect of the thing, it makes sense to have them in CMF lines.
I found the Batman and DC lines interesting as they had interesting and exceptional variants of the common characters. The second Potter line not so much. The butterbeer glasses ended up to be perhaps the only reason to get Ron or Hermione in the newest wave. In the first line they had the gowns that made them worthy as the gowns could be used for other students as well.

8 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Although I won't believe in the rumor of a SW CMF series untile there is an official announcement, the idea of one is something I've always welcomed, much to my wallet's chagrin, but with the renewed discussion about it and hearing some of the wildest ideas (a clone CMF series? Seriously? I would love it, but we know it's nothing more than a dream) I've started thinking about what would be a realistic line up of an official one, and I think that the vast majority of people clamoring for a SW CMF would be disappointed. LEGO likes playing it safe with Star Wars, we've known it for a while and the rumors about the 2021 wave mostly confirm that again, so even if we get a first CMF series I think most of the slots would be taken by main characters instead of the likes of Elan Sleazegabbano, Captain Keeli or Willrow Hood. Maybe if there's a series 2 we could see some more obscure characters, but not in a first one.

So here's what my hypothetical 16 slots CMF series would look like according to the playing it safe trend:

1) Luke - There has to be an OT Luke, hopefully not a Tatooine one, but this could be the perfect opportunity to have the yellow jacket Luke with medal accessory some people have been wanting for a while.
2) Leia  - Same as Luke, she would be in her celebration dress and have a medal accessory, since the minifig only appeared in one Y-Wing back in 2012
3) Han - Here's when it gets tough: there needs to be a Han to complete the trio, but which version? To maintain the theme the best option would be the one people wanted in the UCS Cantina, so ep IV with 2molded legs and medal

4) Obi-Wan - a PT Obi-Wan, probably in simple jedi robes but if they wanted to mix it up a little they could make a non-CW style of the CW half armored Obi-Wan, or even go all the way and give him the ep II hair and base him on the old Tartakovsky cartoon
5) Anakin - Same as Han, which Anakin? The best bet would be a simple CW/ep III version, being the most recognizable, but then again we haven't seen padawan Anakin since 2013
6) Padmé - To complete the PT main trio, although she has a plethora of costumes I think the best bet to appease everyone without the need for new moulds would be the Theed battle one in dark red

Now comes the hard part: as much as I'd want to skip them, the ST characters will have to be represented, so Finn, Poe and Rey are a given:
7) Finn - IIRC Finn has a grand total of six costumes wardrobe variants, all already out there in minifig version. The best bet to make it unique would be Stormtrooper Finn with hair and helmet with bloody handprint. Too violent? I thought so at first, then realized that it should be a minifig hand print, cutting down on the violence element, and probably not even in red but in some dark gray/black hue as if it was sooth. After all there was a fire going in that scene.
8) Rey
9) Poe
These two are lumped together because for the love of me I can't think of a variant striking enough to warrant a slot in a CMF, but they will probably be part of it anyway. Let me know if you have some ideas.

Main good guys taken care of we have seven slots to fill from three different trilogies, and here's where it gets harder:

10) Kylo Ren/Ben Solo - Probably the only main villain that can be in a CMF, seeing as he already appeared in two microfighters. No clue on which variant to make it unique enough, maybe they could do a Ben Solo from the comics/ep VIII flashback, as that is a fig we wouldn't probably see otherwise
11) Aunt Beru/Shmi Skywalker - If we're getting one the first CMF would be the perfect -if not only- way, but I'm afraid it's either one or the other.
12) Dryden Vos - I don't think LEGO will revisit Solo  anytime soon, so this would be the perfect way to give us a highly sought minifig that won't be in a set for the near future
13) Admiral Piett - At least one villain from the OT has to appear, but to me it's unlikely that someone like Tarkin or Palpatine would be in a CMF, let alone Vader, so Admiral Piett is the next best thing. With dual moulded legs to instantly become one of the more sold ones, it doubles as "random imperial officer" to those who don't know/remember every single character name
14) Named Clone - It is quite apparent that many people love the clones and TCW, so this would be Lego throwing us a bone giving the slot to one named clone from the prequel era. Which one I don't know, but somehow I don't think it could be P2 Cody nor P2 Rex, seeing as those two could easily sell something like the last Grievous Starfighter just by being in a set
15) Separatist leader/Alien Jedi - To fill the villain quota in the case of a separatist leader or the alien quota if either of one, this slot is quite open to more obscure characters that they don't know where to put, even though the jedi are quite the wild card and can easily be put with any republic vehicle (cfr Aayla with the 2017 tank)
16) Ewok - also to fill the alien quota, an ewok is here for two reasons: first they have recently used the mould for the endor assault thing, so a recolor of Wicket with another name slapped on is an easy solution, and second it's not a real CMF series if there isn't at least one fig with short legs :D

Anyway, let me know what you think about this and how disappointed you would be if the supposed CMF turns out to be something like this.

No Vader? No OT stormtroopers? To me, there are too many good guys in your list.

A major problem with SW is that there are so many characters and thy will need to keep on putting the main cast in to sell any SW CMF to regular customers. Some of those will necessarily duplicate what they have already done. For example, I already have the celebration Luke (and Han) 

sw0257a.pngsw0356.png

These are still cheap and plentiful on bricklink and they cannot really do much to improve them. But then, just about every scene/outfit of Luke and Han has been done. And it's the same with most other important characters. So if they fill a CMF series up with the main (non-army builder) characters from PT, OT and ST, what is the point. It would impact on the sales of current sets to people new to LEGO SW, and wouldn't be that interesting to existing LEGO SW fans.

Yes. And the arms are custom printed. But by point is that even with existing figures that have been out for a while like the Celebration Medal figures they're actually in need of updating. A CMF would be an ideal way of circulating them but I'm still not sure of whether a Sw CMF is something that's even close to being on the table at Lego. The DC wave was all very specific costume designs from 75 years of a very diverse history, that may not have seen the light of day normally such as first appearance etc. We don't have that with Star Wars. Their costumes and appearances are very defined.

8 hours ago, MAB said:

No Vader? No OT stormtroopers? To me, there are too many good guys in your list.

A major problem with SW is that there are so many characters and they will need to keep on putting the main cast in to sell any SW CMF to regular customers. Some of those will necessarily duplicate what they have already done. For example, I already have the celebration Luke (and Han)

I definitely agree that there are too many good guys in my list, but then again that list is not exactly what I'd want or hope for a CMF, it's what I fear lego would put out if they were to make a CMF next year and as I said it's an hypothesis on a "safe" series 1, so that's why all the main characters are there, although I tried to go for rarer variants such as the celebration OT version which I'm glad you have but if I remember correctly only Leia was from a set and the other two were from books printed some 8-10 years ago.
I thought about putting Vader in, seeing as he started popping up in cheaper sets back in 2002, but still I think lego would want to keep him in sets and not in a 4$ CMF bag, since he still is a main draw for many people. The stormtrooper on the other hand is a different story, I would love for one to be in a CMF, making them massable for everyone willing to feel the bags a bit (I guess we all would recognize the helmet through the bag), and it would also be one of the safer bets for lego, but there's nothing about the plain OT stormtrooper that screams "collectatble" to me to warrant them a spot, seeing as most CMF have some degree of uniqueness to them. That's why my Finn option would be in Stormtrooper gear and why I have no clue about how to make Poe and Rey "unique" enough (young Rey from the flashbacks?) although I still think they'd occupy two spots.

15 hours ago, Samppu said:

This is very true, and works perfectly fine with Harry Potter at the moment. They include major main characters such as professor Slughorn and Dolores Umbridge to work as lures in the sets but then more obscure characters, whom everyone wants to include into their castle but of which making sets might not make sense, into the CMF line such as professor Sprout or Moaning Myrtle.

We could all easily see the same logic working in Star Wars. Put Commander Cody into the 200 dollars Republic Gunship and everyone buys the set if only for the sake of Cody, whereas everybody would probably love to get Boss Nass or a clone trooper in the red training fatigues into their Star Wars universe as well, but such characters might still not be exactly the best lures for the big sets.

There is also an effect that the children become more interested and loyal to a theme if they get the main characters cheaply as a kickstart. 
This is also the reason why they include Harry, Ron and Hermione in every Harry Potter CMF line, because they are the key to get new kids starting to build their own Hogwarts. For the same reason including the main character(s) from the originals or the prequels might make sense in a Star Wars line, too, though for us adults it might be a little disappointing.

Totally agree, and I think it makes sense to somehow work in variants of popular characters to get kids/casual fans interested (if it was all super obscure characters, it would probably sell poorly, at least compared to how it could be selling).  Maybe it's something as simple as Luke with the poncho, or give something that collectors would want too, like a re-release of Speeder Bike Chase Luke that we've only ever had one release of like 20 years ago, if I remember correctly.

Putting the really desirable secondary/minor characters into the sets, then give us the much more minor characters like Boss Nass, Chancellor Valorum, BoShek, Willrow Hood, etc in the CMF series, because nobody is buying a set just to get one of them, whereas someone like Cody is a potential draw.  Honestly, if the clone in the Grievous' starfighter set was Cody, I was strongly considering shelling out $80, or at least waiting for it to get discounted, but still would likely be around $60-65, mostly because of that one figure.

20 hours ago, Per_SW said:

*snip*

Just removed your text for space purposes.  

I think the trio of trios from each trilogy is a good idea and would likely happen, unless they chose to only focus on one trilogy/era at a time.  If not Celebration Luke/Han/Leia, re-releases of the Endor ones would be very appealing, at least in my opinion.  We've only had like one Endor Luke, and I think Han with the green jacket only came in the UCS Imperial Shuttle, which was a decade ago.  I think some representation from Rogue One is also possible to go with Dryden Vos, maybe either Saw Gerrera, Galen Erso, or a variant of Cassian/Jyn.  I would probably remove Kylo/Ben and Piett in favor of a Rogue One character and I'd echo the sentiment for a Stormtrooper, maybe a Sandtrooper or Biker Scout if they wanted to make it amassable but still "unique" enough to entice people to buy it.  

I might also suggest including a droid, maybe a Death Star Droid or some sort of Protocol Droid, just because those are such an important part of the universe.  They probably couldn't do an astromech, but something like a Death Start Droid + Mouse Droid could be good.

Edited by Kit Figsto

As much as I don't like to Wishlist on things because it's pointless I've been thinking of figures that could be included so that we could get the key heroes but they remain somehow unique for the CMF wave. I'm thinking things like Hoth Han but with a blue jacket rather than brown. I'd say Celebration Luke with the medal is the more likely option as the only one we're really missing now is Endor Luke as mentioned above, and I think that the kind of figure that could sell a set on its own. There's only one variation of Leia we don't have... Bespin Escape. And that would just be a new torso print.

I still think most of this is a moot point though as I don't think they will be doing it. Although I'd really like them to. I'm struggling now with where I'm likely to get a Snaggletooth.

Keep in mind that CMFs aren't just about the figures. We got the latest diver because we liked the turtle, not because the figure was special. There are lots of accessories & animals that could make a CMF pack attractive: blaster molds e.g. Han's, lightsaber molds e.g. Anakin's, Luke's Endor poncho, Luke's RotJ hair, a lothcat, mouse droid mold, etc.

3 hours ago, Pedilego said:

Keep in mind that CMFs aren't just about the figures. We got the latest diver because we liked the turtle, not because the figure was special. There are lots of accessories & animals that could make a CMF pack attractive: blaster molds e.g. Han's, lightsaber molds e.g. Anakin's, Luke's Endor poncho, Luke's RotJ hair, a lothcat, mouse droid mold, etc.

Very true. This could make a list of its own. Mouse droid mold would be great! From the top of my head also the communications device aka the comlink, holograms (we already have Leia and Palpatine, but a kind of a standard hologram or an Imperial officer hologram), as you said different molds for sabers and guns, thermal detonator (not a printed part, but actual round grenade), long double bladed lightsaber, Darth Maul's seeker droid, interrogation droid from Leia's prison cell, Sabacc cards, perhaps even some special part to make BD1 from Fallen Order...

Regarding the main characters here's a rundown of the on screen variants that haven't been covered yet. There's also a few artwork options they could go with similar to how DC had their "First Appearance" variants for Batman and Wonder Woman in their CMF series. Just an alternative to rehashing existing figures like the Endor and Yavin Celebration variants.

Spoiler

Luke: Medical Frigate, Jedi Training, Crait, Force Ghost, 1977 "Star Wars" Poster

Leia: Rebels, Bespin Escape, Jedi Training, D'Qar, The Last Jedi, Crait, The Rise of Skywalker, Force Ghost, 1977 "Star Wars" Poster

Han: Kessel Guard Disguise, Numidian Prime, Starkiller Base

Lando: Numidian Prime, Rebels, Smuggler, Pasaana

Chewbacca: Hoth, McQuarrie Concept Art

C-3PO: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Kijimi, McQuarrie Concept Art

Anakin: Naboo Celebration, Outlander Disguise, Naboo Pilot, Scuba, Zygerrian Disguise, Spacesuit, Rebels, Force Ghost

Obi-Wan: Spacesuit, Cold Weather Gear, Zygerrian Disguise, Mandalorian Disguise, Force Ghost

Queen Amidala: Royal Starship, Pre-Senate, Senate, Post-Senate, Return to Naboo, Celebration

Padme: Handmaiden, Theed Battle, Naboo Pilot, Senator, Droid Factory, Mustafar, various gowns (Packing Gown, Outlander Disguise, Lakeside, Meadow, Fireside, Lars Homestead, Wedding Ceremony etc)

Yoda: Dark Yoda, Force Ghost, McQuarrie Concept Art

Rey: Young Rey, Starkiller Base, Kijimi, Dark Rey

Finn: Ski Speeder Pilot, Kijimi

Poe: Resistance Officer, Kijimi

Kylo Ren: Ben Solo

Darth Vader: Battle Damaged (Rebels), McQuarrie Concept Art

Darth Maul: Lotho Minor, Mandalore, Malachor, Rebels S3

Palpatine: Senator, Black Chancellor Robes, Declaration of the Empire, Senate Duel, Rebels, The Rise of Skywalker

Count Dooku: Nightsister Ambush, Sith Sorcery

Boba Fett: Holiday Special

Ahsoka: Spacesuit, Scuba, Zygerrian Slave, Cold Weather Gear, Coruscant Underworld, Rebels Epilogue

Ventress: Nightsister, Bounty Hunter

They could probably fill an entire CMF series with the McQuarrie concept art. But then people would be scratching their heads thinking what is this, or this is a really bad attempt to make < insert character here >.

I think Force Ghosts are long overdue. I wouldn't mind it if they were made similar to Moaning Myrtle, using various blue hues to mimic the illusion of a ghostly appearance. 

I'm also wondering if this were to become a reality, whether LEGO would make detailed lightsaber hilts, similar to what they recently did with Gryffindor sword. I think this would be a nice way to make some of the characters that they would most likely be obligated to include (ie. ST characters, OT Luke) more valuable. For example, I wouldn't mind a Force Awakens Rey if she came with a detailed mold of Anakin's lightsaber. A detailed blaster for Han, or Chewie's crossbow, for example, would be great ways to incentivize getting some of the main characters. 

Just some thoughts. 

I hope they don't do detailed hilts. I don't think they are necessary. At the scale and detail of minifigs jolts are pretty similar - given thing like the lack of height differences for figures and lack of detail at the cm scale (in real life) when scaled down to minifigs. Curved ones like Dooku's OK, but not small details.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:06 AM, KRS-3284 said:

For example, I wouldn't mind a Force Awakens Rey if she came with a detailed mold of Anakin's lightsaber.

Yep, this would make sense. Would be perhaps the only way to get me to buy Rey or anything from the sequels.

Hoth Chewie would be a great fig to include if there was ever a remake of the Hoth Attack set (or something similar with Han, Chewie and the Probe Droid). It's only one brief scene in the film but gives a different appearance to a figure who is basically the same iteration in almost every single set, much like the mud splattered R2 in Yoda's Hut.

A CMF could also be a chance to see some crazy Chewbacca with C-3PO strapped to his back figure. I remember that was a very desired figure when rumors of the 2018 Cloud City began circulating. Especiallly for a character who is in 8 Star Wars films and only has 4 variants.

Additionally When it comes to characters with little variety, it always struck me as odd that Lego went through the trouble of giving C-3PO a restraining Bolt in the UCS Sandcrawler, but not R2-D2, It's not like they don't constantly print new one time use astromech patterns. I can only assume R2 is the second most frequent minifig after Battle Droids , so maybe a restraining bolt R2-D2, or a new mold that better resembles his drink trays on Jabba's Sail Barge, or Blue flames printed on his legs (Ep II style).

4 hours ago, Archer said:

A CMF could also be a chance to see some crazy Chewbacca with C-3PO strapped to his back figure. I remember that was a very desired figure when rumors of the 2018 Cloud City began circulating. Especiallly for a character who is in 8 Star Wars films and only has 4 variants.

Additionally When it comes to characters with little variety, it always struck me as odd that Lego went through the trouble of giving C-3PO a restraining Bolt in the UCS Sandcrawler, but not R2-D2, It's not like they don't constantly print new one time use astromech patterns. I can only assume R2 is the second most frequent minifig after Battle Droids , so maybe a restraining bolt R2-D2, or a new mold that better resembles his drink trays on Jabba's Sail Barge, or Blue flames printed on his legs (Ep II style).

Or 2 new moulds for r2, so that the head has a clean line between the white Body and the silver head connected by one stud, so that he can rotate. It could also have the third "leg".

I really can't understand why they haven't already made r2 with a fully rotatable head using the 2x2 turntable top and a new body mould which is essentially the same but incorporates the connection of the turntable top with studs. 

Additionally, a new technic pin piece with half axle and the quarter pin to enable the 1x1 cheese wedge to be added as his middle leg. (this leg bit would be a luxury but the rotating head, such an obvious thing for r2 given half of his screen time is his head spinning crazily! A cmf would be the perfect time to introduce a special version of him (given they passed up that opportunity with the ucs r2...) 

Edited by Fuppylodders

On 10/2/2020 at 11:34 PM, Archer said:

That chewbacca variant recently came to the galaxy of heroes mobile game, they got anthony daniels to voice new lines for c-3po to say! :laugh:

That would be a really cool figure, they could do it with only 1-2 new molds, too. A new chewie mold that looks like it has a net of 3po parts on the back that c-3po's head can be attached to at an angle, or a new chewie mold with studs on the back and then a new small net that can connect to the studs to put 3po parts into.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:37 AM, Fuppylodders said:

I really can't understand why they haven't already made r2 with a fully rotatable head using the 2x2 turntable top and a new body mould which is essentially the same but incorporates the connection of the turntable top with studs. 

Additionally, a new technic pin piece with half axle and the quarter pin to enable the 1x1 cheese wedge to be added as his middle leg. (this leg bit would be a luxury but the rotating head, such an obvious thing for r2 given half of his screen time is his head spinning crazily! A cmf would be the perfect time to introduce a special version of him (given they passed up that opportunity with the ucs r2...) 

They could honestly do all that with just one small update to the body, it's infuriating. He's in so many sets and has been unchanged mold-wise since 1999, c'mon lego!

Many people have commented for and against super detailed lightsabers. I personally think we've received the molds for most of the really unique ones, Dooku, Ventress, Inquisitor, and I don't think a specific Luke / Anikan Lightsaber is necessary, but the molding they achieved with the sword of Griffyndor in the HP CMF series screams for a similar approach to be used on a better Kylo lightsaber hilt, heck the jewels on the sword are even trans red as if taunting us with the love and detail being put into HP at the moment while we get Crispy Ani and Crispy Obi in sets they shouldn't be in.