MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I'm confused...
I thought this was the 2021 set discussion thread. Yet all I'm seeing is a load of crap that belongs in culture and media or future star wars sets/minifigs. So much for 'not on my watch'....

Edited by Fuppylodders

Spoiler

Hopefully Lego has Mandalorian sets lined up for an Imperial landing craft, with some Stormtroopers & a Mortar Trooper. I desperately need to start buying 10+ Storm Trooper minifigs now. Also a set with an updated Boba Fett (with Gaffi stick) & Fennec Shand minifigs would be fab.

I'm so glad that I bought a Slave l 20th Anniversary Edition set a few months ago, it's perfect for my updated Mandalorian display.

As for the Razor Crest, I'm gutted to see it destroyed. I do like my Razor Crest set even more now because of it though. On the positive side, I'm looking forward to a set of Mando's new ship.

I would absolutely love a Naboo Starfighter set, with a Padme minifig of course! :classic:

Moving back to the 2021 sets - the rest of the wave is now up at Shop@Home for Australia. Its good to see the other sets didn't suffer a price increase like the TIE Fighter did. The X-Wing especially is a great deal for just $80 and will be an even better bargain when the regular 20% off sales hit.

10 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Hide contents

I suppose it depends what his ship looks like going forward.  If they replace it with something else that's cooler looking, I could see that being the thing people want instead.  However, I will also say that it's sort of uncharted territory as far as them releasing sets of a show after it ends.  If I remember right, we've had zero Clone Wars sets being put out when the show wasn't running, not counting stuff that's ambiguously prequel/CW, and like you said, nothing with Rebels.  So, if they don't put out Mando stuff after the show ends (which seems like a huge mistake, but precedent says that they may not), the chances of a Razor Crest remake are pretty nonexistent.  I do think of the TV shows, Mando seems way more likely to get stuff made after its run is over, whenever that may be, but they don't seem to be going all-in on it yet, which I still don't totally get.  Non-SW people are watching it or at least know who Grogu is, and people that go to SW movies but don't watch the animated shows are also into it.  It seems like a no-brainer to put out a lot of sets, but who knows.  I guess we'll just have to see what the summer looks like.

Spoiler

We've had a few, like yoda's starfighter, grievous's speeder, etc. Nothing for Rebels or Resistence though. The mandalorian is a different beast, though, being live-action and much more popular than the other shows.

7 hours ago, Redroe said:

Hide contents

there might be something in what you say, but I always understood Razor Crest to be the name of the vessel not the model. Which in truth doesn't explain how the mythrol knew what it was on sight, or the X Wing pilots despite having no transponder. 

Spoiler

The razor crest is the type of ship, not the specific one. Like the millenium falcon is a specific yt-1300.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:57 AM, Redroe said:

:pir-skel: aw. I thought I was in trouble when I saw "MKJoshA quoted you..." 

You are in trouble, as is everyone else wishlisting. Guys, please use the right threads. This thread is for set wishlists. This thread is for minifigure wishlists. This thread is for actual news about new sets. If you have news or substantiated rumors drop them there. If you want to talk about those rumors or actual sets, then keep posting here.

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'm confused...
I thought this was the 2021 set discussion thread. Yet all I'm seeing is a load of crap that belongs in culture and media or future star wars sets/minifigs. So much for 'not on my watch'....

Oh, I'm watching. :vader:

Everyone, we have the different threads to add a little order to the chaos that is internet chat boards. It helps people have more fruitful conversations and discussion. Please stay on target.

Can't find a pic, but I'm wondering if it's going to be a $3.99 impulse set or a GWP in January, since they sometimes will do those at the start of a new wave?  I suppose they usually seem to be minifigures instead of ships, but it would tie in well with the Shuttle release.

8 hours ago, wesker said:

Moving back to the 2021 sets - the rest of the wave is now up at Shop@Home for Australia. Its good to see the other sets didn't suffer a price increase like the TIE Fighter did. The X-Wing especially is a great deal for just $80 and will be an even better bargain when the regular 20% off sales hit.

Phew, I'm glad the X-Wing doesn't have the same price jump as the TIE. The X-Wing is a definite buy for me, especially at that price. The TIE was a maybe, then the price turned that into no thanks. In the end though, Australian retail for both the new X-Wing and TIE together is still less than the retail price for Poe's X-Wing.

47 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Can't find a pic, but I'm wondering if it's going to be a $3.99 impulse set or a GWP in January, since they sometimes will do those at the start of a new wave?  I suppose they usually seem to be minifigures instead of ships, but it would tie in well with the Shuttle release.

Aside from Obi-wan it's been awhile since our last figure GWP, they're usually builds at this point. Micro ship/shuttle is most likely a $3.99 impulse buy though, like the kylo shuttles, x-wings, TIEs, etc were.

Yeah, set speculation about potential Mando sets is probably closer to wishlisting than anything else, sadly enough.
Here’s to hoping that we‘re getting our 2HY set list a bit sooner than we did this year, so we have something tangible to sink our teeth into. When was it again this year, like early March? *huh* 

I still remember the good ol‘ days when catalogue pictures of the 2HY sets started to leak in December :snicker: Now were lucky if we know anything before the toy fair season, which won‘t be happening next year... I‘m still hoping they have a digital event or something up their sleeves

2 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Phew, I'm glad the X-Wing doesn't have the same price jump as the TIE. The X-Wing is a definite buy for me, especially at that price. The TIE was a maybe, then the price turned that into no thanks. In the end though, Australian retail for both the new X-Wing and TIE together is still less than the retail price for Poe's X-Wing.

If you buy all four 2021 sets, it’s just enough to get the GWP. Not that anything is ever in stock anyway.

Just now, Paul11283652 said:

If you buy all four 2021 sets, it’s just enough to get the GWP. Not that anything is ever in stock anyway.

What GWP are you referring to??

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, set speculation about potential Mando sets is probably closer to wishlisting than anything else, sadly enough.
Here’s to hoping that we‘re getting our 2HY set list a bit sooner than we did this year, so we have something tangible to sink our teeth into. When was it again this year, like early March? *huh* 

I still remember the good ol‘ days when catalogue pictures of the 2HY sets started to leak in December :snicker: Now were lucky if we know anything before the toy fair season, which won‘t be happening next year... I‘m still hoping they have a digital event or something up their sleeves

I think the list leaked before the january sets even released, but we didn't have catalogue images until late spring. As a general rule the set lists usually seem to leak 7-8 months before release, with potato quality images leaking 3-4 months before and good quality/official images a month or two later.

Based on that we should see a list in a month or two.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

What GWP? Anyway, LSW GWPS are usually $75 USD and the cost of buying all four sets is $130, so assuming the conversion rate is the same for both the GWP threshold and sets, it's not much more than half. The x-wing and tatooine sets would be enough to get you there.

1 hour ago, Northoftheborder said:

What GWP are you referring to??

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the list leaked before the january sets even released, but we didn't have catalogue images until late spring. As a general rule the set lists usually seem to leak 7-8 months before release, with potato quality images leaking 3-4 months before and good quality/official images a month or two later.

What GWP? Anyway, LSW GWPS are usually $75 USD and the cost of buying all four sets is $130, so assuming the conversion rate is the same for both the GWP threshold and sets, it's not much more than half. The x-wing and tatooine sets would be enough to get you there.

40416 Ice skating rink. Need to spend $209 to get it in Australia. Mando, X-wing, TIE, and MF together are $211. We get a really poor deal with GWPs, not to mention outdoor ice rinks don’t really exist here and certainly not at Christmas time.

It looks like it was around the start of April this year we had the set list for 2020 2HY.

2 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Nah, I usually go with Kmart price or wait for Target/Myer etc sales. GWP have never enticed me enough to want to pay full retail on Shop@home, and as you said, an outdoor skating rink isn't a thing here at this time of year. Imagine if the December GWP was a backyard BBQ set :laugh:

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I want to say that the list trickled out slowly last year, I think we had info on some stuff around January/February but it seemed like a lot of heavy speculation or very loose info.  Like, I remember that the 501st set was originally just billed as a BARC speeder with a few people suggesting that maybe it was some kind of a 501st battle pack.  I do remember that Grievous' fighter leaked unusually early in February, and then we got official reveals of the Razor Crest in February and the 501st set in April, respectively, AT-AT in May, and then pics of everything else seemed to be early June?  Based on comments from reliable users in here, it seems like they definitely have some indication as to what we're getting (I believe jdubbs said something to the extent of more Mando stuff is for sure coming) so I guess it can't be too much longer before stuff starts to trickle out, at least.  Personally, I don't mind the slow reveals, since it at least builds up some suspense, whereas getting everything all at once means that there's no surprises unless you get a random surprise exclusive (like the IT-S or Razor Crest).  

it would appear as though the updated printing on pilot Luke's torso is very reminiscent of the design used for the sandspeeder pilots, but in orange. 

37 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Based on comments from reliable users in here, it seems like they definitely have some indication as to what we're getting (I believe jdubbs said something to the extent of more Mando stuff is for sure coming) 

He did? I must‘ve missed that :purrr: That‘s definitely good to hear :thumbup:

And you’re remembering correctly, the list was revealed to us in droplets. @jdubbs offered a few hints at a time, e.g. the „cool set“ hint for the AT-AT or a EB member’s specific wishlist he said was partially accurate. I hope he repeats it this year, that was fun :sweet:

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I want to say that the list trickled out slowly last year, I think we had info on some stuff around January/February but it seemed like a lot of heavy speculation or very loose info.  Like, I remember that the 501st set was originally just billed as a BARC speeder with a few people suggesting that maybe it was some kind of a 501st battle pack.  I do remember that Grievous' fighter leaked unusually early in February, and then we got official reveals of the Razor Crest in February and the 501st set in April, respectively, AT-AT in May, and then pics of everything else seemed to be early June?  Based on comments from reliable users in here, it seems like they definitely have some indication as to what we're getting (I believe jdubbs said something to the extent of more Mando stuff is for sure coming) so I guess it can't be too much longer before stuff starts to trickle out, at least.  Personally, I don't mind the slow reveals, since it at least builds up some suspense, whereas getting everything all at once means that there's no surprises unless you get a random surprise exclusive (like the IT-S or Razor Crest).  

I‘m always ambivalent regarding leaks. On the one hand I am a very curious person and want to know everything now. On the other hand, like you said, getting almost every info early means almost no suspense for the rest of the year. A good compromise would be fine. 

9 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

True. I think in early spring we had him say that @ARC2149Nova's speculation of a jedi starfighter, BARC, and AAT was accurate. And you're right, we had some leak or get revealed really early and some that we didn't know were coming until a month or two before release (I think we knew a $100 set was coming but didn't know it was final duel, and then I don't think we had any indication of the IT-S until the images leaked, at least not publicly shared ones).

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

And you’re remembering correctly, the list was revealed to us in droplets. @jdubbs offered a few hints at a time, e.g. the „cool set“ hint for the AT-AT or a EB member’s specific wishlist he said was partially accurate. I hope he repeats it this year, that was fun :sweet:

Yeah, it's fun to try and interpret clues like that, and it also makes it a bit easier for the leakers. I believe @jdubbs and @Renown have both implied that they sometimes have info that they can't outright share, so the hints like "cool set" or the aqualish language are fun.

And it is great to hear more mando sets are coming if he did say that, I'lll take all the mando I can get.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And it is great to hear more mando sets are coming if he did say that, I'lll take all the mando I can get.

Agreed. They may fill the slate with as many remakes as their hearts desire, as long as we're getting some Mando sets to balance things out (plural, one dinky 20$ set won't do) :moar: Not taking advantage of Mando as soon as possible, especially after season two, would be downright foolish. If they still refuse to capitalise on it, we can kiss the prospect of sets based on the other upcoming shows goodbye I guess :hmpf_bad: 

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. They may fill the slate with as many remakes as their hearts desire, as long as we're getting some Mando sets to balance things out (plural, one dinky 20$ set won't do) :moar: Not taking advantage of Mando as soon as possible, especially after season two, would be downright foolish. If they still refuse to capitalise on it, we can kiss the prospect of sets based on the other upcoming shows goodbye I guess :hmpf_bad: 

Not taking advantage of Mando would indeed be foolish but it's still TLG we're talking about here so anything is possible :tongue:

The spring wave will be released in May, according to the new consumer catalogue (wasn’t it April before?). Too bad there are no pictures of the March wave sets in there, I want confirmation of those two inexplicable errors (or lack thereof, preferably) :tongue:

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Was able to find the post, not going to quote it because I don't want to give them a notification on an old post, just search for "Cobb" in this topic and it was sometime around the discussion about why we didn't get his figure with the Tatooine set, early-mid November I believe.

Edited by Kit Figsto