LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

26 minutes ago, Leewan said:

I rather think either the parts count or the price is wrong. :tongue:

42106 has 610 pieces for $50, so ~800 pieces for this price is not impossible if it has e.g small system parts for decoration. You can find sets with 800+ pieces for $50 among the non-Technic sets, even licensed ones.

6 hours ago, LvdH said:

42024 Off road vehicle, 374 pieces, ???

42024 already exists...

Big excitement for that Senna GTR, hope it'll get better than the Corvette. The biggest new is of course that Ferrari. Does anyone know the scale?

A lot to look forward to especially the Ferrari, Wrangler and Senna.

4 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Could the Ferrari be a formula 1? It would explain why the parts count is low for a 18+ set.

In that case I hope it is a classic one, this year's Ferrari is a joke.

26 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

For me it is nice not to see massive sets.

Massive sets tend to be released in the second half so it's not surprising to see only small and midsize sets here.

5 hours ago, chlego said:

Does anyone know the scale?

Probably 1:10 (Large Scale)

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

Massive sets tend to be released in the second half so it's not surprising to see only small and midsize sets here.

The Ferrari is a pretty big set for the first wave.

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

he Ferrari is a pretty big set for the first wave.

42096 was a first wave set, too.

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

42096 was a first wave set, too.

Though it was a much cheaper set.

I believe the Jeep might be something like Sariel’s project that submitted to Lego Ideas

600++ pieces quite justify?

Edited by Technicallism

46 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

I believe the Jeep might be something like Sariel’s project that submitted to Lego Ideas

600++ pieces quite justify?

No chance the Jeep will be motorised - it’s only €50. If it was, we’d expect to pay nearly twice that, if the bs TLG pulled with 42109 is any indication.

Ah. I am getting confused myself with the Ferrari position. Compared it with the 2019 H1 42096.

The 42096 has 1580 parts, Ferrari has 1677.

The 42096 was introduced with a 150 euro pricetag. The Ferrari is 170 euro.

The 42096 had no 18+ Label. The Ferrari is going to have it.

So, will the Ferrari have more advanced feature like the gearbox or, the relatively simple drivetrain (with no HOG steering) like the 42096.

Hmm....

7 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

So, will the Ferrari have more advanced feature like the gearbox or, the relatively simple drivetrain (with no HOG steering) like the 42096.

For me, it may get a HOG steering but no gearbox. I don't think there are enough parts, except if it is a F1.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

No chance the Jeep will be motorised - it’s only €50.

Maybe. The 42065 had 2 M-motors, it's successor 2 L-Motors. They were both 60-70 bucks. Maybe TLG has made some price decisions, even if I don't really think so.

29 minutes ago, chlego said:

Maybe. The 42065 had 2 M-motors, it's successor 2 L-Motors. They were both 60-70 bucks. Maybe TLG has made some price decisions, even if I don't really think so.

It’s not a maybe, it’s 100% no chance whatsoever. A C+ hub alone costs more than €50, and TLG has completely abandoned PF by now.

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

It’s not a maybe, it’s 100% no chance whatsoever. A C+ hub alone costs more than €50, and TLG has completely abandoned PF by now.

True...

I don't understand why PF is abandoned...

Edited by chlego

1 hour ago, chlego said:

For me, it may get a HOG steering but no gearbox. I don't think there are enough parts, except if it is a F1.

42095 struck me as a way for TLG to get rid of their excess L-motors and battery boxes to make way for PU, which is why it was so cheap for a set that has 2 motors and remote control.

Anyway, 42096 was a really boring set out of the box but great for modding, and I don't expect the Ferrari to be much different, unless it's indeed an F1 racer.

13 hours ago, howitzer said:

My wallet appreciates the fact that the BIG sets are a little spread out :)

19 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Could the Ferrari be a formula 1? It would explain why the parts count is low for a 18+ set.

This would be a nice surprise.

15 hours ago, dabo said:

BUT, the this year's-ones are way more complex. It would be interesting to see how Lego would solve that.

This line-up gives me mixed feelings...

• It is good to see a few more cars in (probably) the Corvette scale, so the car carrier can be further filled.
  • It is also good to see another (again: probably) 1:10 scale car with (hopefully) some proper car functions (please do a 'normal', smooth, simple 4-speed gearbox this time...)
  • It's nice to see the 18+ label in Technic on something other than a 1:8 scale car (although it's still a car and reasonably large...)

I really love cars, so I'm happy with the strong focus here, but...

• Only a €10 plane, no other aircraft...?
  • Only 2 small construction vehicles, without pneumatics or motors, and probably only the larger one with manual LA...?
  • A hovercraft... (which we had a few years ago and that didn't sell well...)
  • We've seen what happened with a licenced 1:10 scale car (42096, only 'pretty' panels, no technical guts inside), if that will be the standard for the Ferrari it will be a big letdown
  • I can't be bothered with C+ for now, so another 'set' which packs that monstrous hub in a few panels with wheels isn't cutting it for me...

I really hope 2H will bring proper construction equipment and/or interesting aircraft (plane/heli), and more pneumatics. Otherwise most of this year will be a pass for me.

NB: I'm currently opinionless about the licenced pullbacks. I like (and have collected) most of them through the years, but always found the RSP far too high (was able to get them for half most the time). Let's hope the licence doesn't drive the price up even further... If they are/become affordable, I'll probably get them both, they are both really iconic vehicles.

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:
  • We've seen what happened with a licenced 1:10 scale car (42096, only 'pretty' panels, no technical guts inside), if that will be the standard for the Ferrari it will be a big letdown
  • I can't be bothered with C+ for now, so another 'set' which packs that monstrous hub in a few panels with wheels isn't cutting it for me...

Exactly my feeling ...

I think it's really likely that the Ferrari car will be the F1 car SF1000. The F1 race was supposed to take in April in Hanoi (my country) earlier this year (however the race was cancelled due to the C thing). Moreover, an F1 car hasn't appeared for 7 years. It's also a nice way to increase the usage of the Land Rover's tyres, because the Land Rover use the same tyres as the 42000 F1 car.

Ferrari's 2020 F1 car revealed as the SF1000

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think it's really likely that the Ferrari car will be the F1 car SF1000. The F1 race was supposed to take in April in Hanoi (my country) earlier this year (however the race was cancelled due to the C thing). Moreover, an F1 car hasn't appeared form 7 years. It's also a nice way to increase the usage of the Land Rover's tyres, because the Land Rover use the same tyres as the 42000 F1 car.

It is a very real possibility. We would see the F1 wishbone pieces again after looong time (not counting the lime ones in the Sian), and indeed those tires would fit perfectly. Top it off with pushrod suspension and we have the perfect 42000 remake. Just some different panels slapped around and call it Ferrari...

It would also almost certainly mean no gearbox...

I'm happy to see 4 potentially exciting sets in the 30 € to 50 € range. For me as an alternate builder it's the optimal range for Technic sets. And I felt they neglected it in 2020 with the odd catamaran and stunt show sets. There will probably be a lot of disappointment in the forums once they get revealed because it is certain they will be full of compromises due to the part count. It was the same with the Corvette and it still was a very popular set (for everybody except the die hard fans). I feel Lego is doing the right thing by strengthening the medium range while still keeping the upper ranges.

23 hours ago, dabo said:

A lot to look forward to especially the Ferrari, Wrangler and Senna.

My feeling says the Ferrari will be the SF90 Stradale