Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think it's just a general blue connector.

I thought that too first, but if you zoom in you can see it is a shade lighter than the blue pin inside...

My initial thought that connector is Blue as well, bet then it attaches to pin, which is Blue for sure. And they differ quite a bit. But the rest of the pins look like this connector and it seems like pin isn't all way into connector (so darkened by the shade). So I think it looks to be Blue after all.

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Rear tyre is a new element - I imagine using two rims like in the harley wouldn't look as good, and they couldn't use the Chiron's brake discs

I guess it it would works like the 8420. Same rims, bigger tyre at the rear.

Not bad at all! But i feel like the seating area is way to bare. 
Looks kind of unfinished

no.jpg

Could be the angle though.

Edited by jshuiting

1 hour ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I thought that too first, but if you zoom in you can see it is a shade lighter than the blue pin inside...

is it medium blue maybe? 

17 minutes ago, jshuiting said:

But i feel like the seating area is way to bare. 
Looks kind of unfinished

no.jpg

Overall

the problem has been unsolved since Lego designers replaced bricks by beams 20 years ago.

Old Technic bikes (and quadbikes) always had very realistic seats!

Edited by Parazels

Just now, brickless_kiwi said:

Normally I'd be knee down in that corner but had a moment the corner before and was well off line headed for the ripple strip..

:blush: I assumed you were not really on your best lap at that moment, but did not dare ask. :wink:

As for my old R100, I modified it myself and it is indeed a treat to ride. Far less performing and precise than your beautiful R1 of course, but that character! :wub:

Just now, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

:blush: I assumed you were not really on your best lap at that moment, but did not dare ask. :wink:

As for my old R100, I modified it myself and it is indeed a treat to ride. Far less performing and precise than your beautiful R1 of course, but that character! :wub:

Laughs oh I admit my mistakes. First time back on the bike in two years still with a bung arm and hip. I know stupid but here is a YouTube of the track and I'm out in the session . You can play spot the corner..

1 minute ago, brickless_kiwi said:

You can play spot the corner..

Very nice! Looks like the most technical bit of the track. Long straight into a sharp right, quickly followed by the left of your photo. Any mistake in what has to be a hard braking for the right turn surely puts you off the line in that left.

Heads up, the only ones who don't make mistakes are not really trying! :wink:

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! YES! I almost can't wait to get my hands on this yet. As a motorbike enthusiast, specially Ducati (I love my SS900) I've waited since 42036 for this. 

It contains some very nice details as the long awaited break discs and the bigger rear tire. They even added winglets. And the new front shocks look superb, but why havn't they added a support for brake calipers?

The fairing is okay, but I like the one from 42036 more. The windshield is a big surprise, I havn't expected such piece. And finally we got a gearbox in an official bike. :thumbup:

The biggest con: the chain is still running outside the swingarm as on 42036 ... :sceptic:

Really looking forward to buying this set just for the rims and the new fork suspension. 

Shame there is no front fender but the possibility of building a rellastic Moc of some of my favourite bikes can be fulfilled.

The panel shapes lend better towards a Ducati 916 more than v4r or even a Desmosedci Gp machine.

Not good... no front mudguard? I ride bikes, kawasaki zx10r, so maybe my eye is slightly more critical, but this isn't for me.. i did worry that it would be incredibly difficult to capture the lines of a bike with lego, and i was right to worry. This needed to be double the size to get some finesse to it... hope they don't do a kawasaki next!! 

Its great to get some variety in the sets, and as a lover of sports bikes and technic, i should be the ideal market for this set.. but its just not quite there for me.. but i still applaud the fact that it exists.

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

the possibility of economic growth post-corona

growth will be massive.. there's demand. recessions are due to no demand, as soon as we're all set free, every one will buy everything!!

gear.png

Acroding to image, gearbox may like this.

Green 16t from wheel, green 1/2 bush connect with rubber band.

Edited by msk6003

gearbox idea

Looks pretty much how I expected. The addition of a gearbox is a nice touch and a first for official Lego motorcycles.

13 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

hope they don't do a kawasaki next!!

then volkswagen group needs to buy it first :)

I may have spotted some Lego Forma connecters, part 49731 in black, probably being used to hold the windshield in place, in one of the images on the TLG webpage showing 'cool bearded guy' building the bike. I was wondering when these parts would show up in Technic. Their use suggests that the use of more flexible sheets are coming in future sets.

Edited by JGW3000

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Kawasaki Heavy Industries is bigger than VW Group :classic:  We're safe!

I know it's more of a joke, but if you look at both companies net worth then VAG is aprox 4x bigger.
And it's not surprising looking at what they own : Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Skoda, Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ducati, Porsche, Scania, and MAN.

8 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

I may have spotted some Lego Forma connecters, part 49731 in black, probably being used to hold the windshield in place, in one of the images on the TLG webpage showing 'cool bearded guy' building the bike. I was wondering when these parts would show up in Technic. Their use suggests that the use of more flexible sheets are coming in future sets.

Exciting! I wonder if you could highlight this in the picture? All I can see on a video (this is the exact moment) is that windshield is attached with red katana on each side.

Edited by zux

Look below the two red panels on the bottom right, you can see two black connectors that look like part 49731 (someone please correct me if I am mistaken) (a closer look shows that at least one may be a cross-axle connector)

42107_alt4.jpg

Edited by JGW3000

So about time we had some solid news to discuss.  I've been checking daily and getting quite bored waiting for something, even a rumour or titbit would have been nice.  Anyway, nice that we get actual pictures.  

Overall I like it, and as soon as it hits the stores at 33% off, it will be a purchase for me.

One annoyance, I do wish lego would make a 3 pin connector again in black to replace that blue connector on non blue sets.  I appreciate it stands out and makes it easier for younger people to build.  But it looks awful when it's so visible.  Even in black, it would contrast ok against the red panels.  Apart from that it would have been nice to get the new front shocks in gold, but burnt orange will do.  They do look a little flimsy in the official pictures?  I wonder how the dampening effect will work?  springs, oil, air pressure? 

1 hour ago, rm8 said:

gearbox idea

Can you substitute the half bushes and the band with two 8z gears and a chain? I wanna see if the second setup fit.