Very impressive. The gearbox, brake discs, and windscreen are nice touches. It isn't easy to get certain shapes and details right with a Technic motorcycle, even in this scale. 

I do wish the new front fork pieces included some sort of attachment point for a fender and calipers, although playability would likely suffer. The lack of a radiator is noticeable, as well the rear being not as polished as the front half.

2 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

If you look at the centre of the break disk it seems to have been made with the possibility of some sort of clutch engagement.

I'm not sure about that to be honest... it wouldn't make sense to have clutch engagement on a brake disc. Not when you can just clamp on to the rotor with soft 2L connectors anyway.

Excellent set, must buy even if as a parts pack. Would've preferred to see a rerelease of the beautiful wheels from 8420 but these aren't bad as well. The front springs seem to be very weak from the video, 95292c01 still unreplaceable :sceptic:

Interesting solution with the windscreen

Edited by syclone

10 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

640x360.jpg

If you look at the centre of the break disk it seems to have been made with the possibility of some sort of clutch engagement.

Do you think they will be featured on the Lambo? or too large 

What I noticed:

Two rubberbands used in the gearbox - one for the 90°selector and the other one to drive the V4 engine from the gearbox output to the crankshaft.

The new long shock absorbers have additional mounting holes compared to the old ones. it's also interesting that they are made out of smaller seperate parts.

Rear tyre is a new element - I imagine using two rims like in the harley wouldn't look as good, and they couldn't use the Chiron's brake discs

We are getting pin joiners in dark metal color.

Edited by Zerobricks

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The full view of the new shock absorber can be seen here.

42107_alt3.jpg

That 7L grey beam looks misplaced, I'm 99% sure it should be a stud higher, holding the engine.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

That 7L grey beam looks misplaced, I'm 99% sure it should be a stud higher, holding the engine.

Indeed. It is put a stud higher on the other side.

As a motorcycle rider, I'll of course get it. Kudos for the gearbox, finally some actual feature in a motorbike set. I think it's great to get new motorcycle parts like those front forks, disc brakes and wider rim!

But as for the model itself, I'm terribly disappointed. The front only looks almost good under the right angle, the gas tank and the seat are work in progress at best, the swingarm is a mess, the exhaust loop are wrong and once again connected to nothing. I won't be able to let it sit on my shelf in that state.

33 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Be the only time I buy a Ducati

Same here. :wink:

y4miALqr3ByeaDIBi-MpET2kNDvEdzw2oJ8FB8tG

40 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

What I noticed:

Two rubberbands used in the gearbox - one for the 90°selector and the other one to drive the V4 engine from the gearbox output to the crankshaft.

The new long shock absorbers have additional mounting holes compared to the old ones. it's also interesting that they are made out of smaller seperate parts.

Rear tyre is a new element - I imagine using two rims like in the harley wouldn't look as good, and they couldn't use the Chiron's brake discs 

We are getting pin joiners in dark metal color. 

Hmm, having the engine drive the gearbox through a rubber band seems like a sub par solution to me, but i guess something has to give, squeezing a V4 and a gearbox in there.

Just now, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

But as for the model itself, I'm terribly disappointed. The front only looks almost good under the right angle, the gas tank and the seat are work in progress at best, the swingarm is a mess, the exhaust loop are wrong and once again connected to nothing. I won't be able to let it sit on my shelf in that state. 

Modding is pretty much an essential part of AFOL-dom i feel, the only technic set i currently have built-up that isnt substantially modded is the Chiron, because i havent gotten around to the pimp-my-bugatti build, and even that has minor tweaks.

Edited by vectormatic

1 minute ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

So, You will not buy this? :pir_laugh2:

DBG part of front shock absorbers reminds me of a flimsy, flexible part found in smallest linear actuators. Hopefully it is more rigid.

Oh and, yeah, Baltic states get this for 10eur extra, as usual :hmpf_bad:

57 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

the other one to drive the V4 engine from the gearbox output to the crankshaft.

Does two 8z gears and a chain fit in there?

Just now, Technicallism said:

And once again, NO B model !!!!!!

The possibility of B models these days is akin to the possibility of economic growth post-corona.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just now, vectormatic said:

Modding is pretty much an essential part of AFOL-dom i feel, the only technic set i currently have built-up that isnt substantially modded is the Chiron, because i havent gotten around to the pimp-my-bugatti build, and even that has minor tweaks.

Yes, of course. But TLG could have raised the bar a bit; we're talking italian style here! This model does not really reflect that, IMO.

Just now, Jurss said:

So, You will not buy this? :pir_laugh2:

Of course. And probably not only one. There are one-off motorcycle parts in there. :pir-grin:

Just now, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Yes, of course. But TLG could have raised the bar a bit; we're talking italian style here! This model does not really reflect that, IMO. 

Of course. And probably not only one. There are one-off motorcycle parts in there. :pir-grin:

Agreed, but i think that the product already is an excellent job, compared to the BMW bike this one is much better in the looks department. As for italian style, i kind of agree, but compared to the other competitors duc racing bikes always seemed a bit more of a blunt instrument rather then an elegant solution to going round a tracks (might have to do something with their motoGP bikes being fast on straights and nowhere in the corners when i watched the races)

And yeah, all these new motorbike parts are mouthwattering, makes me wonder how good my modded 42036 will end up looking with these new parts.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

I'm not sure about that to be honest... it wouldn't make sense to have clutch engagement on a brake disc. Not when you can just clamp on to the rotor with soft 2L connectors anyway.

For this par it would have limited application but it looks like a deliberate moulding when just a pin hole would be ok or might be used to convert to an axel hole. I'm relay hoping of course that this can pave the way for a smaller clutch gear for the 12 tooth gear

Off-topic: This bike is an engineering wonder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k1fi0jJX0s

On-topic: I hate rubber bands in LEGO sets since they don't last long on shelves (stretch out, get brittle and break). Whenever I get access to I remove them to not be under stress when displaying sets. And seeing this model one band is twice as stretched out as the other. TLG used to include extra rubber bands in older sets but now they don't and I can't understand what the big deal would be besides the few cents on-cost.

Just now, R0Sch said:

On-topic: I hate rubber bands in LEGO sets since they don't last long on shelves (stretch out, get brittle and break). Whenever I get access to I remove them to not be under stress when displaying sets. And seeing this model one band is twice as stretched out as the other. TLG used to include extra rubber bands in older sets but now they don't and I can't understand what the big deal would be besides the few cents on-cost. 

That was a serious worry for me on the Bugatti, it has two bands in the shifter mechanism burried deep in the bowels of the car, i think mine are still OK, but i dread having to swap those out.

Just now, vectormatic said:

Agreed, but i think that the product already is an excellent job, compared to the BMW bike

I agree it's less of a disappointment. But for the BMW, I was more focused on the technical details, the actual R1200GS is not a pretty bike to begin with. And those details were not on par with German engineering either..

The real Ducati Panigale is a beauty, much more so than her motoGP sister. And it's only my opinion, but this elegance is kinda lost, in the model. Maybe I'll change my mind when I build it!