Just now, suffocation said:

That could really be a huge issue, especially since there's no quick solution like e.g. inverting the 12/20 gear pair.

I smell sarcasm.

I really like this model, does have a flavour of crane trucks from days gone, but its good.  I just wish out of all the construction vehicles, they could have picked something else.  

33 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Looks great. I also can't believe we are seeing a Technic structure in 4 studs wide. I love the weirdness of that.

As a new fan, can you explain what makes this weird/unusual?  Would you expect an odd number on the boom so the string is centered/aligned with the middle studs?

2 hours ago, aol000xw said:

Oh, is kind of cute.

Agree :classic:

10 minutes ago, ian74 said:

As a new fan, can you explain what makes this weird/unusual?  Would you expect an odd number on the boom so the string is centered/aligned with the middle studs?

Most liftarms are odd numbered 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15l; so it is easier to make odd studs number dimensions

Looks like a great little model but surprised at no b model unless this is an early box and not the final release

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I smell sarcasm.

I trust the designer didn't put the gears in such a way just to cause unnecessary grievance, specially since children need to operate it,

Hubris and sarcasm make a poor combination.

Edited by aol000xw

Absolutely categorically want this.

This is a total nostalgia trip for 8438, which was a benchmark set when it was released :) https://brickset.com/sets/8438-1/Pneumatic-Crane-Truck

Haven't bought Technic in ages, it's all blah-blah, or just too big and expensive.  Nice to see this set :thumbup: :classic:

Also, it looks...rad.  Good stance.  Clean lines.  No waste.

Edited by andythenorth

Reminds me of 8053, which I do not own but built from my collection this spring. In red, because I was short too many yellow pieces.

It looks nice. It uses the same stickers as the 42082.

But not having a b model is very bad. The last 5 models don't have B model! It's worying for the future.

Reviving the old discussion, about the old and new techniques and parts can be possibly found in this model, I can't recognize the LA's type... Seems that the one supports the crane is the old Large one... :look:

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Regarding the model, it looks like an updated 8460 with and extra axle and LA instead of pneumatics

And no side mirrors on the cab.
HOW!?

Had a feeling this would be coming soon with the new XL linear actuators. Great model, i am liking it as well. 

Also be a fun model to buy two of, and combine into a 6 or seven (or even eight) axle monster.  

3 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Also be a fun model to buy two of, and combine into a 6 or seven (or even eight) axle monster.  

It'd be a great Terex AC160 if it had an extra axle. Right now it looks like an AC80.

Just now, I_Igor said:

While it's a nice crane, I doubt it was an inspiration, since it was posted only a year ago. AFAIK designers need a bit more time to design, test and optimize the sets.

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It'd be a great Terex AC160 if it had an extra axle. Right now it looks like an AC80.

Yea, if one does not like the 2020 flagship models buying two of these may suffice. That would be around the 250 USD mark and around 2500 pieces. Perfect metrics your make ur own flagship model.

2 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

While it's a nice crane, I doubt it was an inspiration, since it was posted only a year ago. AFAIK designers need a bit more time to design, test and optimize the sets.

Agree with that but chassis idea with 8 49.5 tires was a bit familiar to me ...

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Nope. Think this was inspired by the Terex AC80, like I said earlier.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

I just noticed it has 3 seats. I think that's a first for technic?

See 42038.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Nope. Think this was inspired by the Terex AC80, like I said earlier.

As I mentioned before to my good neighbor @Zerobricks I was mainly thinking on chassis with 49.5 tires. Of course such giant (and global player) like LEGO would not behave as Lepin or other copying companies...LEGO is trendsetter, but they certainly read what we post here so they could use that crane as idea or something (based on scale)

I’m not really a crane person, but it’s nice to have the yellow curved panels and 3 x 11 triangle panels back in yellow. Also I believe that is the new long actuator in this set.