Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

I don't think we really have any pre-age of sail history fleshed out, I would think you could probably make anything up provided it sounds fairly realistic.  Atlantis-style definitely fits with the name Halos!  On the other hand, I could almost see a trireme somewhere in current-day BoBS in one of these less western-inspired NPCs.

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Has there been much work on the prehistory of BOBS? I'm imagining a Atlantis-style city for the Halos empire. Could be fun to explore. I already have the front end of a trireme, and I'm curious about ways I could use it...

18 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Has there been much work on the prehistory of BOBS? I'm imagining a Atlantis-style city for the Halos empire. Could be fun to explore. I already have the front end of a trireme, and I'm curious about ways I could use it...

I still have to do a full write-up on the history of the Truachesh neh Triuri, and their Crahaish neh Triuri. The Eslandola leadership recognized as canon the Crahaish maps "proving" that there had been previous exploration of the New Haven Sea as part of an Adventure thread. (One of my political campaigning builds was used as part of the impetus, and I made @Capt Wolf's Willem Guilder grumpy in it.)

Would love to feature a partially restored Trireme at the Museum of Antiquities :D

On 8/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, evancelt said:

Would love to feature a partially restored Trireme at the Museum of Antiquities

I'm thinking I might turn it into a shipwreck with a clue to the location of Atlantis...

I was painting a frigate on a canvas and she reminded me of the HMS Argonaut. And because I wanted to add two other ships in the background, I thought I could as well just put my Lego ships in it. So here it is, the HMS Argonaut, the Sjælland and the HMS Ymir.

52338583335_3c1575977b_h.jpg

52338362418_7156ce698c.jpg

52338428389_0b4d85e42d.jpg

52338553495_328b2a1ce8.jpg

52338128001_479b80992b.jpg

Edited by Wellesley

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wonderful painting !

This could be a nice add on in my living room beside my painting/photo of the Hermione

Well, I intend to sell it in the future, but right now it hangs a bit in the gallery for people to see. And I don't get why you want to have Corrish ships in your living room. Not that you begin to throw darts at them or something:D

1 hour ago, Wellesley said:

And I don't get why you want to have Corrish ships in your living room

I have a nice fireplace in my living room and canvas burns well. :grin:

@Wellesley Just WOW!!! Excellent painting! In fact, any depiction of sea scenes especially with sailing ships is great!!!

If  I had to comment LEGO style, I see great techniques all around ; waves, clouds, the sails, all are wonderful !!!