There seem to be a lot of functionalities in this relatively small set. If the price is reasonable, it may be the best 2H set.

One step closer to seeing all the details!

I think I don't see a trailer hitch so I have to make my own one when I get my hands on!

Here's the engine!
69237410_2430788846989036_53193511668558

Edited by BrickWild

2 minutes ago, romashkaman said:

Hmm, is it the rubber piece (45590)? I doubt it's for the anti-roll bar.

Probably part of a ratchet for the winch.

44 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Probably part of a ratchet for the winch.

Maybe. I am so passionate with fast and light cars that I forgot that a winch exists at all)

I told you guys already this thing is unlikely to have the engine made with traditional cylinder parts.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

25 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I told you guys already this thing is unlikely to have the engine made with traditional cylinder parts.

Well, an Inline 6 is pretty long usin the normal Engine Cylinders. At least 14 studs of engine length? This time the small fake Engine was the bettter choice imo. I mean, the Engine Bay isn't even long enough to fit such an engine.

2 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Well, an Inline 6 is pretty long usin the normal Engine Cylinders. At least 14 studs of engine length? This time the small fake Engine was the bettter choice imo. I mean, the Engine Bay isn't even long enough to fit such an engine.

Plus it is really boring if all vehicles use exactly the same engine parts as has been the case for more than ten years.

56 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

IMHO it would be better to use 4 cylinder engine with pistons that do not end up in top position if you tilt my t to side ... Still I don't see anything "realistic" in engine made of axles...but you were Right. 

Shape is correct, but I do not like color particularly and this kind of engine is not my coup of tea...but who knows maybe I get used on it

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

MHO it would be better to use 4 cylinder engine with pistons that do not end up in top position if you tilt my t to side ... Still I don't see anything "realistic" in engine made of axles

Agreed.

That engine is incredibly disappointing, after having seen a mini-fake engine in the brick in the corvette, i want nothing to do with them anymore, extremely unrealistic, fidly, and extremely sensitive to pushing the bushes just a fraction of a milimeter in or out too far, leading to it running very rough.

Looking at the engine bay, it seems like fitting an I4 or V8 engine should be doable, at least length wise. If that proves to be a viable conversion, i might change my mind about picking one up, because as it stands... that pin-engine is the straw that breaks the camels back

speaking of sagging suspension, @Lipko, you mention extremely soft suspension, is this another case of lego underspringing a car, leading to sagging and the car staying low?

Im really digging the wheels though, i might have to get a set of those for other models, could look good on for instance the porsche RSR with some low profile tires.

4 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

speaking of sagging suspension, @Lipko, you mention extremely soft suspension, is this another case of lego underspringing a car, leading to sagging and the car staying low?

The car doesn't stay low, but certainly it doesn't come back as high as it sits if you lift the car and put it down carefully.

I couldn't look into at the details of the suspension, I don't know how the stabilizator is implemented if implemented at all.

I forgot to mention that the sequential gearbox is operated by a rotating knob, so no sequencer mechanism this time. But the end speeds are blocked at least. All in all, many solutions felt hacky (the rear door lock  is a real son of a btch), the side doors' fake handle is a bit complicatedly placed for something that doesn't actually work.

This thing is most likely designed by Milan Reindl, as he doesn't work on any of the other 2019 set (both 1H and 2H ones), and he designed 42069, which is similar to the Land Rover in many ways.

Me: Oh I can't wait for this landrover. OK, so it's not the iconic classic. It's the new lifestyle schoolrun freelander instead but still, it's a landrover. I do hope this has a proper engine

@BrickWild Posts picture of upside down cam shaft for an engine

Me: Oh, well maybe it'll at least have a proper gear stick instead of sequential gear shift

@Lipko  "I forgot to mention that the sequential gearbox is operated by a rotating knob"

Me: 

Edited by allanp

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

It would be nice to see a picture of this gear stick and of the other selectors.

There is no gear stick

I think it is ugly but somehow I expect it to be a very interesting building experience.

I am way more interested on this than any other 2019 set.

@Lipko So another case of saggy suspension in a high end model.. will lego ever learn? It is rather ironic that my 42000, with arguably the most complicated suspension lego has ever produced, is sitting perfectly fine at the required height, yet 42083, which costs over three times as much and uses twice as much shocks, sags down to the point where i am seriously considering just putting a brick/liftarm underneath it to prop it up to proper height.

@allanp :laugh_hard: I totally feel you though, never seen the "upside cam shaft"  description this literally, and i agree 100%, that is not a proper engine, its half of a pushrod valvetrain!

Edit: then again, im sure with some effort a proper fake engine will squeeze in, i know a V6 isnt proper land rover, but i feel like an I4 or even V8 might work (and now i feel like a redneck, smallblock V8 swap bruh!)

Edited by vectormatic

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

There is no gear stick

The gear "something". :grin: I don't really understand what it will look like.