12 hours ago, Jockos said:

I have a feeling it won't have a B model...

It's a Milan design though, right? He designed *3* Mack's from 42078... So if there's no official B, my guess is there'll be an unofficial one :)

I've heard rumors it has adjustable suspention?

Is this still correct or not?. How about the 4 wheel steering?

It would be nice to see a community driven "ultimate 42110" page.

Maybe give it a full gearbox, porche 911 gt3 RS wheels (since its a sports jeep, not a "super offroader")

As most RC integration as possible (for example drive, steering, gear shanges)

Edited by SNIPE

It will be very MOD friendly - extending the wheelbase, adding RC, adding more speeds to the gearbox etc.

Adjustable suspension would be great, even if it will be done like in the Bruno's P1.

I like the look of that car, colour is great too, especially for military MOCs.

@rm8 I'm looking forward to see your suggestions for third party wheels if the original will not be fit for RC. :classic:

These fenders should had been made in two halves.

They are just too big to be genreral-purpose.

And for the rest, I read in promobricks gearbox and 4x4 with 3 diffs and independent suspension. Sounds pretty techical to me. Not a fan of the colour, but just need to wait for some discount as it is a great model

Amazing 2H, not sure yet if I need to choose between the offroader and the Land Rover or Lego has played well to make me think that getting both is a better deal than just one.

20 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I see lots of old Defenders with roof racks and snorkels around here for those that like exploring the uk countryside. That sort of kit will be optional equipment in the Land Rover catalogue.

Okay, but as you wrote, those are optional equipments - so not standard, what I reflected on. I am sure we understand each other and will not get a fight about it. :wink: If I will buy it, I will definitely give a try to pimp it for my taste, starting with bigger tires. :tongue:

9 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

These fenders should had been made in two halves.

And for the rest, I read in promobricks gearbox and 4x4 with 3 diffs and independent suspension. Sounds pretty techical to me. Not a fan of the colour, but just need to wait for some discount as it is a great model

+winch, and some more details like lockable doors as assumed. All in all, I am on the same opinion.

I find it interesting, that Technic got a 3rd wave of sets, like Star Wars (though there this number has got higher in recent years). Does that mean we can expect this trend in the future?

11 minutes ago, Jockos said:

I find it interesting, that Technic got a 3rd wave of sets, like Star Wars (though there this number has got higher in recent years). Does that mean we can expect this trend in the future?

Possibly. Time will tell.

@agrof - no worries, I remember the option spec sheet for the old Defender was massive.

I'm trying to think what functions this model will have. It looks like it has a winch on the front and it has to have 4wd. But I’m not sure what else. Thinking of the current Defenders they don’t have anything fancy like 4 wheel steering so I can’t see that being included. One thing that would be cool but I don’t know how you’d realise it in Technic would be a lockable differential. I can imaging a high and low ratio box as you often get on these type of vehicles. Apart from that we’ll have to see.

29 minutes ago, Seasider said:

but I don’t know how you’d realise it in Technic would be a lockable differential

Its very easy, i usually have diff lock on my tractors - my current xerion moc has 3, front, rear and central, all lockable. Can't see lego offering as it does wind-up the transmission and will eventually break things, they'll definitely want to avoid that.

Yes, it is very impressive that LEGO have made a 5th set (this one), where normally there is only 4 sets for 2h. Not only that but the CONTROL+, all of the new parts and recolors, the size and complexity of the models themselves AND they are also bringing out spike prime. I would say that this year has been almost as incremental as when technic became studless itself, kind of like a third generation of technic because of the new possibilities that the new parts allow for. So I'm fine with waiting until october now for the Land Rover and 42100.

I think the color choice is not so ugly, it is olive green but has a hint of tan in the shade, so it makes it look more sporty along with the shape as opposed to a "super heavy duty off roader". This color will be useful anyhow. for example in Tanks and the likes.

Edited by SNIPE

What everyone is saying on the roof looks like a coffin, don't you think they could be sand ladders, a pair of them stacked on top of each other?  Kind of thing an off roader might carry.  I like the little folding ladder to access the roof.

46 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

What everyone is saying on the roof looks like a coffin, don't you think they could be sand ladders, a pair of them stacked on top of each other?  Kind of thing an off roader might carry.  I like the little folding ladder to access the roof.

Yes there are two panels on the roof that could be sand ladders. But there's another item beside these plates that looks like a roof box. This is what people are referring to as a coffin.

@rm8 and @I_Igor Stop the endless debate. This goes for you too. I have asked to quit it and you both continue the debate. While I have banned Yevhen already.

Edit: I have hidden most of the useless "religious debate".

Just now, Jim said:

@rm8 and @I_Igor The same goes for you. Stop the endless debate. I have asked to quit it and you both continue the debate. While I have banned Yevhen already.

Deal

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

@rm8 and @I_Igor Stop the endless debate. This goes for you too. I have asked to quit it and you both continue the debate. While I have banned Yevhen already.

Some members here are <18 for sure, or watch tv too much..No problem. 

To follow topic, I must admit that sequential gearbox should be based on Chiron’s gearbox clutches. Did somebody mention that already?

We should talk about candies instead. Like this new candy with Olive Green flavor and 3 differentials.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

We should talk about candies instead. Like this new candy with Olive Green flavor and 3 differentials.

You know I do not eat sweet things, but as you wish I like the level of details in this ? (candy) and color combo is not bad at all IMHO; black rims are perfectly integrated in this combination. :thumbup:

What I do not know what kind of engine is inside.

Edited by I_Igor

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

You know I do not eat sweet things, but as you wish I like the level of details in this ? (candy) and color combo is not bad at all IMHO; black rims are perfectly integrated in this combination. :thumbup:

Usually I eat candies when my wife went sleep, and I stay at my balcony with Mac  and LEGO for 2-4 hours of building ?

Just now, rm8 said:

Usually I eat candies when my wife went sleep, and I stay at my balcony with Mac  and LEGO workshop?

Evening time is for me also Lego time (until my wife woke up due to noisy hobby :laugh:) but instead of candies we enjoy fruit... But when we discuss like it I hope that this candy will reveal more of it's secrets very soon; how suspension looks like, is hook motorized (with battery box on roof) or not... Perhaps I'm a bad moccer when offroaders are about, but I like the way this one is build.

I think my initial excitement is starting to fade just a little. I still want it because it's a land rover defender! But with no 2in1 indication on the box it seems we only have the new defender with independent suspension (no live axles, not Lego's fault but land rovers), a front that has non of the iconic tradmarks of the classic design (again, not Lego's fault) and a much too wide and low profile wheel and tyre combo better suited for a mildly pitted car park than proper off-roading (OK, Lego takes the blame for that one!). There's nothing classic or iconic about Land rovers new defender and sadly this has translated over to the Lego version. And with all the new control+ pieces, the awesome new planetary reduction hubs from 42099 :wub:, the new inline clutch pieces, the longer LAs from 42100, the new larger frame sizes, the new 28t gear, the new "biscuit" piece (or is it a cookie?!) and the new wheel arches and wheels for the defender I think it really would be too much to ask or expect any more new parts on the inside of 42110, such as leaf springs, a 3rd and 4th size of clutch gear for the 4 speed gearbox or a stronger 36t double bevel based differential. Maybe there will be new wheel hubs to accept the new larger CV joints but I can't expect even that with all the other awesome goodies (and the longer LAs :laugh:) coming this year. But of course I'm still gonna buy it! :laugh:

Edited by allanp

The hood doesn't look long enough to house a 12-stud inline 6 engine. If it does, the engine will have to stick out in the driver's cabin.

36 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Engine would be an I4 or V6. I think the coffin is just a stowage box

If I remember correctly from Smyth's webpage, there was inline 6 cylinder engine mentioned and from other Land Rovers I know that only inline 4 and V6 and V8 are used, so I think also that V6 is more likely and it would be proper Lego fake engine and not axles that go up and down...

@allanp I think bigger frames can be used inside bodywork construction...

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The hood doesn't look long enough to house a 12-stud inline 6 engine. If it does, the engine will have to stick out in the driver's cabin.

The hood looks to be about 16 studs long so technically it could fit, but it would be a tight fit with the winch. I think a V6 or an inline 4 would be a better choice. In any case I really hope it doesn't have the Mack Anthem style engine.