44655756920_50f537ee53_z.jpg

Weapon makers both by trade and inclination, the de Fiori's armory is always sure to be well-stocked and sharp.  Although swords are their field of expertise, they do not confine themselves to them entirely, and their armory is packed full with weapons of all descriptions from the de Fiori forges.

46421669752_ce0bc76d60_z.jpg

46472506841_906720b38d_z.jpg

A closeup:

45559549585_f838bf2613_z.jpg

The chandelier:

44655753140_7ee844c269_z.jpg

And a last couple of pics:

44655750840_6bedaf4a85_z.jpg

45749081594_b9741913bd_z.jpg

Hey all!  Another Varlyrian build from me, this time a full interior scene of the family's armory.  

Also an entry to CCC's interior category.  And since it ended up a lot larger than an 8x8, I went ahead and used the opportunity to introduce quite a number of my Varlyrian characters.  Check them all out here!  Just have got a couple of them left and I think I'll have all the living family members covered (except one old lady who I only plan on pulling out if everybody else in the whole family dies :laugh:)  The scene was inspired by this awesome picture, in case anyone was curious :classic:

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Nice interior with lots of features! I especially like the sharpening wheel, the quiver lying on the table and the girl - sitting in a black dress?

Wonderful pose for the knight armour!  Lots of cool details, I would have done the tudor up top in tan or dark tan though. Also your figs are cool. 

Very cool selective focus in the photography and I like the "kneeling skirts" technique you've used here.

Nice work, the kneeling skirts and grindstone are the highlights. The wall in the background is detailed and there are other nice details spread around. It will be interesting to see these weapons sold or put to use.

Thanks all! :classic:

12 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

Nice interior with lots of features! I especially like the sharpening wheel, the quiver lying on the table and the girl - sitting in a black dress?

Thanks Rogue, I had a lot of fun recreating all the weapon holders and racks!  There's actually a hole in the table to make room for the neck-bracket on the quiver, but it fit in really well, and pretty much covered it all up perfectly :thumbup:  The girl was supposed to be standing (I mean, she's supposed to be just that tall) - I was trying to just round off/polish this basic kind of short skirt a bit, since it always just looked a little too blocky to me.  (Sorry SK - you're just the latest person to use that technique that I remember seeing :grin:)

12 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Wonderful pose for the knight armour!  Lots of cool details, I would have done the tudor up top in tan or dark tan though. Also your figs are cool. 

Thanks man!  I was a little tired of the tans (and do you really suppose I've got that much dark tan anyways?? :laugh:  Though I guess most of it didn't show up in the picture :grin:) - might have been a good idea though, since the white does admittedly stand out a bit there.  Thanks anyhow, I was really happy with that pose!

8 hours ago, mccoyed said:

Very cool selective focus in the photography and I like the "kneeling skirts" technique you've used here.

Thanks mccoyed!  Photography was not the easiest (I think I had like 126 pictures to narrow down afterwards :grin:) - but the most complicated thing was honestly trying to avoid excessive glare off the minifigs' faces for the family shots.  As I mentioned to Rogue above, kneeling wasn't exactly my intention with the skirt, but I guess it works! :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Muakhah said:

Nice work, the kneeling skirts and grindstone are the highlights. The wall in the background is detailed and there are other nice details spread around. It will be interesting to see these weapons sold or put to use.

Thank you!  The grindstone was one of the most complicated details in the build - there are a number of illegal techniques going on right there, I'm afraid! :laugh:  Yep! - I'm looking forward to it!

This is a fantastic interior, great background to begin with (especially the arch!) but also a whole bunch of detail.  I particularly like the grindstone and sword holder built with A plates!  Nice low angle shots too!

Really great work! Love all the little details, you've got some nice parts usage going on, particularly with the minifigs kneeling with the skirt on the floor, terrific stuff.

It looks like the shop is suitably stocked with weapons of all kinds, with every nook and cranny storing some kind of killing device. Plenty to consider for the patrons of this establishment.

Lovely work!

Nice one, some great detail-shots and interesting partsusage. Would love a slightly bigger shot to get a little more of an overview of the whole build but I guess that just shows that I want more of this great build, haha! Well done. 

Awesome job here, really neat! I love all the details and the lady kneeling down (with a skirt) is really well done! And can I ask which part are those kind of arrows in the barrel (metallic colour) - I can't find them by myself..

On 12/27/2018 at 3:07 PM, Kai NRG said:

This is a fantastic interior, great background to begin with (especially the arch!) but also a whole bunch of detail.  I particularly like the grindstone and sword holder built with A plates!  Nice low angle shots too!

Thanks Kai - your camera certainly helped make the photography a bit easier :grin:  Glad you like them!

On 12/27/2018 at 4:01 PM, mccoyed said:

Out of curiosity, what was the idea with the skirt?

Here's how I explained it for Rogue:

On 12/27/2018 at 12:00 PM, Garmadon said:

The girl was supposed to be standing (I mean, she's supposed to be just that tall) - I was trying to just round off/polish this basic kind of short skirt a bit, since it always just looked a little too blocky to me.  (Sorry SK - you're just the latest person to use that technique that I remember seeing :grin:)

It's a little long (and seems to give the general impression of kneeling :laugh:), but that's what I was thinking, anyways!  Capri's supposed to be probably around 11 years old or so...

On 12/28/2018 at 4:00 AM, Basiliscus said:

Really great work! Love all the little details, you've got some nice parts usage going on, particularly with the minifigs kneeling with the skirt on the floor, terrific stuff.

It looks like the shop is suitably stocked with weapons of all kinds, with every nook and cranny storing some kind of killing device. Plenty to consider for the patrons of this establishment.

Lovely work!

Thanks a lot Bas, had a lot of fun building this one!  Yep, gotta have plenty of weapons around to make your way in this guild... :wink:

On 12/29/2018 at 6:21 AM, adde51 said:

Nice one, some great detail-shots and interesting partsusage. Would love a slightly bigger shot to get a little more of an overview of the whole build but I guess that just shows that I want more of this great build, haha! Well done. 

Thanks mate, glad you like it! :classic:  And I knew somebody would ask that so I did take an overview shot, but I warn you, it's not very pretty :grin:

Spoiler

X-Full%20Build.JPG

On 12/31/2018 at 8:36 AM, en_zoo said:

Awesome job here, really neat! I love all the details and the lady kneeling down (with a skirt) is really well done! And can I ask which part are those kind of arrows in the barrel (metallic colour) - I can't find them by myself..

Thanks en_zoo! :classic:  The arrows are these things (which LEGO uses as weather-vanes fairly frequently, I think.  They seem to call them harpoons).  It's a pity that they look so totally out of whack next to LEGO's bows, but they do look pretty good on their own :thumbup:

Great all-LEGO scene here, Garm! I love the detailing in the back, and the way it lends itself to a believable interior as a result. There is clutter where you would expect there to be clutter. My favorite bit is that grind wheel; you've got me puzzling over how it is being held together. My only complaint is that the background is blurred in all of the pictures, when I would like to see it clearly at least a little bit; the foreground is very nice, but not so nice that all I want to see is it...

What a great build!   The detail here is awesome, and the photography is spectacular.  Love the chandelier and all the armor stood up about.  The kid with the skirt looks great as well.  This looks like a real shop, with things stowed everywhere due to a small shop space.  This gives me a lot of ideas for my builds.  The arrows on the table, the whetstone, the sword rack... really well done!

Always fun seeing well done immersive interiors :thumbup: Excellent color choices for the walls, and the rafters are a great addition.
Sweet weapons racks, especially the one with those A-frame elements :classic:

Thanks everyone! :classic:  Sorry I haven't gotten around to responding earlier, but I appreciate y'all!

On 1/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great all-LEGO scene here, Garm! I love the detailing in the back, and the way it lends itself to a believable interior as a result. There is clutter where you would expect there to be clutter. My favorite bit is that grind wheel; you've got me puzzling over how it is being held together. My only complaint is that the background is blurred in all of the pictures, when I would like to see it clearly at least a little bit; the foreground is very nice, but not so nice that all I want to see is it...

Thanks mate!  The grind-wheel connections are highly illegal, I'm afraid :grin:  The whole thing is attached via the two headlight bricks (one facing each way) connected to each other by a 1x4 beneath, so in order for the sides to be straight, the 1x4 is crooked and everything is a bit off from there on out.  It's not very sturdy either, but it did the trick for my purposes! :laugh:

As to the back wall - yes, I wish I had been able to get some good pics with the whole thing in focus, but I just didn't like the shots I did have that approached that, so they ended up not making it.  Plus with Flickr's new limits I'm trying not to post more pics than I have to :grin:  Thanks anyhow, I'm glad you liked it overall! :classic:

On 1/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Always fun seeing well done immersive interiors :thumbup: Excellent color choices for the walls, and the rafters are a great addition.
Sweet weapons racks, especially the one with those A-frame elements :classic:

Thanks SK - getting a bunch of innovative racks in there to hold everything was a fun challenge!  And I'm loving the amount of all-LEGO scenes we've been seeing here from everyone lately! :excited: