Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

20 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

I missed almost all the prequel sets. Its really sad that they are overpricing those that they make recently. Last normal priced prequel set I bought was that jedi ship. 2019 is the worst year for lego star wars imo.(After 2013) But its perfect for those who start collecting recently.

After Episode IX there isn't another film due out for 3 years. We'll have Disney+ content (Mandalorian, Cassian Andor and Obi Wan), but those likely won't provide enough content to cover all the waves of sets.It's likely we'll see a return to Prequel sets at some stage during the next few years. 

3 hours ago, Mizyaz said:

Am I the only one who is bored by re-releases?

They contuniously release y-x-a wing, tie fighters, mf and other classic ships. Entire rots line is just remastered sets and some bike thing. 

Lego needs to stop this and release new sets. Sets from rebel fleets or prequel trilogy.

I didn’t start collecting until 2015 so had missed the opportunity to get the previous UCS releases of the Falcon and ISD at a reasonable price so personally I am very happy they are re-releasing them.

28 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

I missed almost all the prequel sets. Its really sad that they are overpricing those that they make recently. Last normal priced prequel set I bought was that jedi ship. 2019 is the worst year for lego star wars imo.(After 2013) But its perfect for those who start collecting recently.

I'm not too keen on Prequel stuff myself because we did get a lot from the 'Age of Republic' already, though there's still a lot that can be done, especially from AotC and the later Clone Wars seasons. Hopefully during the film hiatus Lego steps back and gives us bits from every era, and hopefully look into some new stuff too, Hasbro has been putting out stuff from the Aphra comics, so I'd love it if we get stuff from that. Though the fact we're gonna get 2 ANH sets isn't inspiring any confidence tbh.

1 hour ago, Mizyaz said:

I loved 2013 and 2014 because we got all those awesome episode II and episode III sets.

Once they’re done with the first couple TROS waves, I’m sure it’ll be back to updates on old sets, and brand new ones. Plus some Disney+ sets thrown into the mix of course

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

The more I think about it, the more I worry TLG might sacrifice accuracy and displayability in favor of play features. After all, the latest UCS, the Tantive (was it labeled UCS, even?) features stud shooters and a swooshable handle.

I also saw the comments made by the person on the FB group claiming to have seen leaked pics. I'll take it with a grain of salt, since first they said it wouldn't be an ISD, then they said it would be, yada yada yada, hopefully it's just some troll.

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

No UCS, not even close.

It took the slot of a UCS but it wasn’t labelled as such. I think the reason was probably that for a ship of that caliber, that’s still system scale, whereas something like the Y-Wing, even at the same size as the Tantive IV, is scaled up big time. So even though the Tantive is a UCS sized (and priced) set, it’s still not very big for the ship that it is, so they opted not to label it UCS. I would imagine a Tantive IV that’s labelled UCS would be much bigger (like the old one).

11 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think anyone hoping for DS levels of figures will be disappointed in the same way the people who thought the Helicarrier would have 20 figures were.

Outside of named Imperial Officers what minifigures can the Star Destroyer even offer than we haven't gotten a million of already?

6 hours ago, nikhkin said:

After Episode IX there isn't another film due out for 3 years. We'll have Disney+ content (Mandalorian, Cassian Andor and Obi Wan), but those likely won't provide enough content to cover all the waves of sets.It's likely we'll see a return to Prequel sets at some stage during the next few years. 

Hopefully they can take this time to fill out as many gaps from the OT and PT as possible. Once the new films kick in again (on top of the latest Disney+ content) the opportunities for missing sets and characters from those eras will become a lot more limited.

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As long as there are improvements, I don’t mind. If it’s a good enough improvement, I’ll get it. If not, I’ll save some money. Win/win. But I don’t consider a Resistance Y-Wing a remake of a Rebellion Y-Wing. Two totally different things. I love the idea of having a Rebellion fleet and a Resistance fleet; an Imperial fleet and a First Order fleet. To me, if there’s variation then it’s collectible.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I thought it would merge

Yes, the variation is important, I wouldn't consider a set like the 2018 x-wing a remake of the 2016 resistance x wing, because they're based off different ship models

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't really mind, the grey and orange colorcombo looks pretty cool and hopefully it includes the Poe figure from the Y-Wing set (love the figure but I don't want the set)

I wanted this from the second I saw it in the trailer. Wouldn't put your hopes up for the poe from the y-wing though, we'd probably get a flight suit one.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Outside of named Imperial Officers what minifigures can the Star Destroyer even offer than we haven't gotten a million of already?
Hopefully they can take this time to fill out as many gaps from the OT and PT as possible. Once the new films kick in again (on top of the latest Disney+ content) the opportunities for missing sets and characters from those eras will become a lot more limited.

Or even rogue one and solo. A set of the final confrontation as one of those $20-30 playsets would sell pretty well, I mean having han solo in it would make it as iconic to most kids as obi-wan turning off a tractor beam, and the collection would be cool to have in lego, like the mandalorian armor and such. And we don't have a lego dryden yet.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Or even rogue one and solo. A set of the final confrontation as one of those $20-30 playsets would sell pretty well, I mean having han solo in it would make it as iconic to most kids as obi-wan turning off a tractor beam, and the collection would be cool to have in lego, like the mandalorian armor and such. And we don't have a lego dryden yet.

I need Saw, Galen, and Dryden. Not to mention tons of prequel era characters we haven’t seen yet and a handful of OT characters

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just found a comment on the FB group from a guy with (Tidy) next to his username. Says it'll be 43" / 110cm long. That's about 17cm bigger than 10030. On one hand, woah, it'll be massive. On the other hand, how many of the 1700 additional pieces go towards a larger size instead of polished looks? I hope TLG minimizes the amount of exposed studs on 75252, which is what makes many ISD MOCs so sleek.

43 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I need Saw, Galen, and Dryden. Not to mention tons of prequel era characters we haven’t seen yet and a handful of OT characters

Saw, Galen, Dryden and L3 are indeed sorely missing, I don‘t get why they‘ve been left out... L3 would require a ton of new moulds, but the other three could all be done with existing moulds, so I‘m not sure what‘s holding them back.

In contrast, there’s not a whole lot from the PT and OT that‘s still missing, they‘ve been filling the gaps quite nicely IMO :classic: 

Rebels and Resistance on the other hand leave a lot to be desired when it comes to set representation

25 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Just found a comment on the FB group from a guy with (Tidy) next to his username. Says it'll be 43" / 110cm long. That's about 17cm bigger than 10030. On one hand, woah, it'll be massive. On the other hand, how many of the 1700 additional pieces go towards a larger size instead of polished looks? I hope TLG minimizes the amount of exposed studs on 75252, which is what makes many ISD MOCs so sleek.

I wish it was a bit smaller than the original...anything over 100cm ain’t going to fit in my display cabinet. With approx. 72 hours before the official reveal and still no images, I’m hopeful TLG might actually pull off a leak-free miracle! 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I was thinking that most of the OT/PT characters have appeared but then I remembered, nien numb, bacara, doom, galactic marines, p2 fox, etc.

44 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Don't hold your breath for one without a ton of studs, it's part of what makes lego look lego and unless they have a lot of large new plate piece molds, they aren't going to be able to make something that big and then tile it with just 4700 parts

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Saw, Galen, Dryden and L3 are indeed sorely missing, I don‘t get why they‘ve been left out... L3 would require a ton of new moulds, but the other three could all be done with existing moulds, so I‘m not sure what‘s holding them back.

In contrast, there’s not a whole lot from the PT and OT that‘s still missing, they‘ve been filling the gaps quite nicely IMO :classic: 

Rebels and Resistance on the other hand leave a lot to be desired when it comes to set representation

There are some pretty good custom brick-build L3s, nothing super accurate but they aren't much bigger than a minifigure, like L3 isn't much bigger than a human.

I agree, there are so many great ships we never got from both series.

9 minutes ago, Markalus said:

I wish it was a bit smaller than the original...anything over 100cm ain’t going to fit in my display cabinet. With approx. 72 hours before the official reveal and still no images, I’m hopeful TLG might actually pull off a leak-free miracle! 

We're closing in, it's seeming really likely.

18 hours ago, Terrasher said:

The more I think about it, the more I worry TLG might sacrifice accuracy and displayability in favor of play features. After all, the latest UCS, the Tantive (was it labeled UCS, even?) features stud shooters and a swooshable handle.

Worry not.

56 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Just found a comment on the FB group from a guy with (Tidy) next to his username. Says it'll be 43" / 110cm long. That's about 17cm bigger than 10030. 

"Tidy"... that name seems familiar somehow. Almost as if he once existed here, fed us all a lot of info, and then one day... disappeared.

56 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I hope TLG minimizes the amount of exposed studs on 75252, which is what makes many ISD MOCs so sleek.

You're going to be disappointed, sorry to say.

I would be really shocked if the star destroyer was $700, I have no idea how they could justify it while 42100 will be out with 4100 pieces, seven(!) of the brand new motors, two bluetooth control hubs, and six new linear actuators, all very pricey parts to include, for $450.  But a handful of large plates and beams, but no motors or other specialized parts, is going to make 4700 pieces cost $700?  $500 puts it much more in line with falcon pricing as well. 

Edited by TheRacker

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Worry not.

"Tidy"... that name seems familiar somehow. Almost as if he once existed here, fed us all a lot of info, and then one day... disappeared.

Did he leave or has he just not been on recently?

1 hour ago, TheRacker said:

I would be really shocked if the star destroyer was $700, I have no idea how they could justify it while 42100 will be out with 4100 pieces, seven(!) of the brand new motors, two bluetooth control hubs, and six new linear actuators, all very pricey parts to include, for $450.  But a handful of large plates and beams, but no motors or other specialized parts, is going to make 4700 pieces cost $700?  $500 puts it much more in line with falcon pricing as well. 

It's almost certainly $700. All the leakers have said so.

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

Same here. I have very little display space, and something that big just won't fit. It would technically fit in the space below my TV but it would look absolutely ridiculous. 

I'd rather they went smaller but more refined. Something a bit larger than the Helicarrier would be perfect. 

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Holy crap. After the trend of UCS remakes being smaller than the original sets I’m so happy to finally see the chain being broken. Sure, details are nice, but there’s nothing like the wow factor of walking into a room and seeing one massive LEGO creation dwarf everything around it. I’m willing to bet a lot of those pieces have been put into the internal frame and they’ve done away with 10030’s magnets.

Edited by Brikkyy13

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's almost certainly $700. All the leakers have said so.

Well that's just a bad joke by Lego then. 

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Did he leave or has he just not been on recently?

I think he left, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he go on a rant about people constantly asking for more info than he had despite him saying time and time again that he shared what he could?

1 hour ago, TheRacker said:

I'm just going to remind you of this:

LEGO Star Wars = LEGO Licensed --> licensed by Disney --> Disney is greedy --> Disney charges way too much for licences --> LEGO Star Wars sets are overpriced

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO Star Wars = LEGO Licensed --> licensed by Disney --> Disney is greedy --> Disney charges way too much for licences --> LEGO Star Wars sets are overpriced

???

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's understandable for people to still be in doubt. 

There's the Disney tax making Lego Star Wars sets overpriced, and then there's a 4700 part set costing $700. I'm sure this thing will look amazing and look like it's worth the money, but until the pictures are out, people are going to think it's a ripoff. 

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But it really doesn't hold that true, most star wars sets are right in line with unlicensed product lines, and we have sets like the UCS Falcon and Death Star play set that aren't as outrageously priced as the rumored Star Destroyer, and those sets are huge and heavy and filled with big pieces like the Star Destroyer will be. 

Edit: Across most themes, Star Wars is about 10% more expensive price/piece, compared to non disney license and non licensed sets. Which still makes $700 ludicrous compared to other star wars and disney sets out now of similar size. 

Edited by TheRacker