Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, RetroInferno said:

Solid mini-figs lineup for the Tantive IV! 

And thus making absoluting no sense including him in a set with a 20 years gap, sure :sceptic:

Is it possible he'll be the promotional minifigure this May the Fourth?  After all, I think they're probably not going to release a buildable C-3PO polybag this year...
And is there any confirmation yet as to whether there will be a generic Rebel Trooper in the Tantive?  I know I asked this before, but I'm not sure whether there have been any revelations.

2 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Solid mini-figs lineup for the Tantive IV! 

And thus making absoluting no sense including him in a set with a 20 years gap, sure :sceptic:

Given that the UCS Millennium Falcon contained minifigs from both the Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy (which are 30 years apart in-universe), it really wouldn't be too much of a stretch to include characters from RoTS in a Tantive IV set. 

They wouldn't bother though, as it has little screen time in RoTS. Will be interesting to see which other minifigs the set includes, if any. 

Just now, RogueTwo said:

Is it possible he'll be the promotional minifigure this May the Fourth?  After all, I think they're probably not going to release a buildable C-3PO polybag this year...
And is there any confirmation yet as to whether there will be a generic Rebel Trooper in the Tantive?  I know I asked this before, but I'm not sure whether there have been any revelations.

Perfectly possible, but given that we have leaked images of Captain Antilles and a new Leia, it makes sense for him to be in the Tantive. 

I'm really hoping for one or two rebel fleet troopers, and it's a longshot but if LEGO included a red shirted version (to look like the 'Rebel Friend' character from the first mission of LEGO Star Wars II) then I would be over the moon <3

Just now, Procrastinathan said:

Given that the UCS Millennium Falcon contained minifigs from both the Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy (which are 30 years apart in-universe), it really wouldn't be too much of a stretch to include characters from RoTS in a Tantive IV set. 

They wouldn't bother though, as it has little screen time in RoTS. Will be interesting to see which other minifigs the set includes, if any. 

It's still not the same ship in ROTS.  Similar, but different in color and design, and has been retconned the Tantive III.  :facepalm:
That being said, I do prefer Bail's ROTS costume, and this is coming from a die-hard fan of Rogue One.  Ah, well, it's all a moot point.  We got Bail Organa!!  

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Been a while since we had a mini-fig for may the 4th, last two of them have been the large R2 and BB8.

Would be pretty dumb not to include a pair of rebel troopers with the set, we don't have a clue yet. 

Bringing us back to a forgotten topic, has anyone got the new Droid Gunship and compared the Tarfful minifigure (sw0993) with the 'old' Tarfful (sw0530)? Brickset is insisting he is 'new' but I'm just not seeing it. ? (I don't have the new one, just comparing pics).

It looks like a new Darth Vader as well, with the cloak going over his armour like in Rogue One and a New Hope. The eyes still aren't tinted red, but it's a good fig nonetheless. 

Let's hope there's plenty of cannon fodd- Rebel Fleet Troopers included :devil:

10 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It looks like a new Darth Vader as well, with the cloak going over his armour like in Rogue One and a New Hope. The eyes still aren't tinted red, but it's a good fig nonetheless. 

Unfortunately the Vader on Instagram is simply a picture of the Vader that came with the Rebels 'A-wing vs TIE Advanced' set a few years back. The poster of the picture is simply wondering aloud whether he's the one we'll get - no Vader confirmation here, sadly. 

1 minute ago, Procrastinathan said:

Unfortunately the Vader on Instagram is simply a picture of the Vader that came with the Rebels 'A-wing vs TIE Advanced' set a few years back. The poster of the picture is simply wondering aloud whether he's the one we'll get - no Vader confirmation here, sadly. 

Ah, my mistake.

It looked more "normal" than a lot of the Rebel figs I've come across

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Ah, my mistake.

Indeed; thankfully if they wanted to make him accurate to the Rebels art style then they'd have needed a new helmet mold (which we know LEGO is very reluctant to do). Hence, a normal Vader. Makes the set much more versatile. 

Worth noting that it's not unreasonable to expect a Vader in the Tantive set though, given Antilles' 'oh no I'm being force choked' alternate face print. If so, hopefully he'll have some interesting new printing. 

17 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Ah, my mistake.

Aw, you got me so excited for a minute!  
Although to be honest, since the figure already exists, it might be a more accurate Rogue One Vader than the "movie" version that was first released in 75053.

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Called Bail Organa being in the Tantive months ago. 

Did you call it in the sense that you were intuitive, or did you have inside info?  (Looking for reliable leakers amid the swirling rumors:wink:)  Either way, I'm thrilled that we have a Bail!

1 hour ago, Procrastinathan said:

Indeed; thankfully if they wanted to make him accurate to the Rebels art style then they'd have needed a new helmet mold (which we know LEGO is very reluctant to do). Hence, a normal Vader. Makes the set much more versatile. 

Worth noting that it's not unreasonable to expect a Vader in the Tantive set though, given Antilles' 'oh no I'm being force choked' alternate face print. If so, hopefully he'll have some interesting new printing. 

Well, technically he did get a new helmet mold, since I believe that was the first set to feature the new Vader helmet.

An Instagram post has just been created with alleged leaked box art for the Tantive IV. It looks fake.

1 minute ago, Renown said:

An Instagram post has just been created with alleged leaked box art for the Tantive IV. It looks fake.

Yeah it looks nothing like UCS box art, plus half the box is taken up by that Star Destroyer, there’s no way that box is real and if it is, it’s awful

Does anybody know the number of minifigs of the rumored Tantive IV?

With Leia, Bail and Antilles plus maybe R2D2 & C3PO and 1 or 2 rebel soldiers that would count for 5-7 minifigs. It seems that there would be no room for any Stormtrooper and/or Vader.

I would be gladly surprised otherwise. 

Edited by dvogon

57 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Well, technically he did get a new helmet mold, since I believe that was the first set to feature the new Vader helmet.

nope, the helmet first came in the ROTJ final duel set

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah it looks nothing like UCS box art, plus half the box is taken up by that Star Destroyer, there’s no way that box is real and if it is, it’s awful

Not saying you are wrong and I can't find the pic, so can't bring my opinion on this, but I know that this have been said before, at least in occasion where UCS's (and MBS) sets have been re-released

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

LOL! I hope we get some generic rebels, the price will drop and i can army-build.

Vader's good to, like the robes.

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Bringing us back to a forgotten topic, has anyone got the new Droid Gunship and compared the Tarfful minifigure (sw0993) with the 'old' Tarfful (sw0530)? Brickset is insisting he is 'new' but I'm just not seeing it. ? (I don't have the new one, just comparing pics).

Well I do have the "new" one but unfortunately I don't have the old one so I can't really say if they are the same. I will see if I can dig up some good images of the older one for comparison and see if I can spot any differences. 

15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I have taken a  good look at both of them and apart from a very slight barely noticeable color difference I can't see any difference between them. :wink:

9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Well I do have the "new" one but unfortunately I don't have the old one so I can't really say if they are the same. I will see if I can dig up some good images of the older one for comparison and see if I can spot any differences. 

Haha I'm the other way around. I studied Jangbricks's video and couldn't see anything - thanks :)

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

I have taken a  good look at both of them and apart from a very slight barely noticeable color difference I can't see any difference between them. :wink:

So one of them has a suntan ? Okay thank you.

15 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Link?

The color difference could be variance in production of either the plastic or prints, I don’t think it is a new figure. Maybe the head/torso piece has been assigned a new element ID and the mold has been updated to incorporate the number, if it is even included in the mold at all.

29 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

The color difference could be variance in production of either the plastic or prints, I don’t think it is a new figure. Maybe the head/torso piece has been assigned a new element ID and the mold has been updated to incorporate the number, if it is even included in the mold at all.

That's what I thought about the colour, but who knows. Just don't think I'll be updating my fig as new number or not, he's clearly hardly different if at all.

Do we know whether there will be any interior for the Tantive IV?  I am confused by the UCS/MBS designations and what they might mean for the set.