TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

True, though these sets look to be taking after a somewhat "near-future" approach, thereby affording designers some liberties in execution.

To me it looks like a hood from a cleansuit of some sort. Maybe astronaut decon / support team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

I don't think it's right to seek out leaks.

Agreed. Pictures of stolen property. It’s glorifying theft. Let me also remind everyone someone got a cease and desist order from Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The summerwave pre-lim pictures are on nino leaks his IG.

The space sets actually look pretty cool. The base set uses the rollercoaster tracks as a monorail. We also get a decent creator 3in1 street/houses and more fairground 3in1 builds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im positively surprised by there actually being a zero-G spacestation rather then a surface base in the lineup. The small satelite repair and mars exploration shuttles also look different enough from the classic space shuttle to be interesting. The big launch base looks cool, but im quite disappointed by the big rocket. I get that just putting a huuuge cylinder in there isnt exciting, but now the first stage is thinner then the capsule/upper stage (if it even has a seperate upper stage), and the boosters arent in proportion. Compare that to the SLS (which is even in the corner of the image), and it just looks nothing alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single animal except 3 rubber ducks as far as I can see :hmpf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

The summerwave pre-lim pictures are on nino leaks his IG.

The space sets actually look pretty cool. The base set uses the rollercoaster tracks as a monorail. We also get a decent creator 3in1 street/houses and more fairground 3in1 builds. 

Well, I'm really digging the six-wheeled rover and the largest shuttlecraft in particular, as their aesthetic direction looks pretty much how I'd expected Lego would handle a "near-futuristic" look! The two smaller shuttles are kinda cool in their own way too, and the incorporation of a faux "monorail" into the flagship set seemingly cements the intention of this entire subtheme as City's indirect love letter to Lego's Classic Space themes of old! :thumbup: :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the roller coaster track around the launch pad looks pretty goofy. But the larger shuttle, the space station, and the rover are all quite nice. The theme is not as futuristic as I hoped, but I like the style well enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The space sets look pretty spectacular. My favourite is definitely the orbital space station. 

Not sure if I'll get any - I'd personally prefer some proper Classic Space themed stuff, and I'm not sure if I should accomodate two separate themes of space mission in my city layout - but that space base would be a great thing to have suspended high above my layout . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just rewatched Iron Man 2 and now I have a mighty need for that donut shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the other sets, the donut shop looks exciting. Can anyone tell what the other thinfs in that set are? I can see the donut shop, a crane (for putting the donut in place no doubt), another shop whose function I can't identify and I think that's a mailvan? Any input?

Also, I know this isn't City technically but hot damn that Creator mini-modular building looks brilliant! Hopefully it'll be priced reasonably . . it looks exactly like the sort of disused back-alley hodgepodge building I so often see from the train windows in Melbourne. I have an entire suburb where nothing's taller than two floors, so having this to poke out above the skyline is gonna be perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

As for the other sets, the donut shop looks exciting. Can anyone tell what the other thinfs in that set are? I can see the donut shop, a crane (for putting the donut in place no doubt), another shop whose function I can't identify and I think that's a mailvan? Any input?

Also, I know this isn't City technically but hot damn that Creator mini-modular building looks brilliant! Hopefully it'll be priced reasonably . . it looks exactly like the sort of disused back-alley hodgepodge building I so often see from the train windows in Melbourne. I have an entire suburb where nothing's taller than two floors, so having this to poke out above the skyline is gonna be perfect. 

Not a mail van—a news van reporting on the grand opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

The theme is not as futuristic as I hoped, but I like the style well enough. 

Well seriously, as City's first-ever extraterrestrial venture, I'm surprised they bypassed the Moon and went straight to Mars! :oh3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me, or do the Mars sets, except maybe the big rocket base, have Mark Stafford written all over them?  For example, compare the small set with just the little shuttle and the spaceship in the Alien Conquest mobile base.  In his Bricklist notes to Watchpoint Gibraltar, Stafford talks about how he was so glad to design a spaceship again, since it had been a few years since the last one.  He must be having a pretty good year by now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, icm said:

Is it just me, or do the Mars sets, except maybe the big rocket base, have Mark Stafford written all over them?  For example, compare the small set with just the little shuttle and the spaceship in the Alien Conquest mobile base.  In his Bricklist notes to Watchpoint Gibraltar, Stafford talks about how he was so glad to design a spaceship again, since it had been a few years since the last one.  He must be having a pretty good year by now!

How does he compare to the great Jens Nygaard Knudsen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, icm said:

Is it just me, or do the Mars sets, except maybe the big rocket base, have Mark Stafford written all over them?  For example, compare the small set with just the little shuttle and the spaceship in the Alien Conquest mobile base.  In his Bricklist notes to Watchpoint Gibraltar, Stafford talks about how he was so glad to design a spaceship again, since it had been a few years since the last one.  He must be having a pretty good year by now!

I though he was working full time on HP/FB sets :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Donut shop set looks like a good balanced set to me.

Nice amount of 2 small buildings/shops , 9 minifigs, and 5 different style of vehicles.

 

 

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so the space sets don't interest me at all. Though in saying that I don't like their designs they are too Sci-Fi theme based no where current real life.

Now the other non space sets, the fire truck and donut shop sets are the overall high point. On the down side is that Junior's gas station......only good for parts and in need of AFOL treatment for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roebuck said:
18 hours ago, icm said:

Is it just me, or do the Mars sets, except maybe the big rocket base, have Mark Stafford written all over them?  For example, compare the small set with just the little shuttle and the spaceship in the Alien Conquest mobile base.  In his Bricklist notes to Watchpoint Gibraltar, Stafford talks about how he was so glad to design a spaceship again, since it had been a few years since the last one.  He must be having a pretty good year by now!

I though he was working full time on HP/FB sets :tongue:

I don't think @Nabii has ever worked with the City theme before; but, if he did indeed contribute in some way to this subtheme, I'd be most amused! :laugh:

29 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Okay, so the space sets don't interest me at all. Though in saying that I don't like their designs they are too Sci-Fi theme based no where current real life.

Technically they're supposed to be inspired after real-life conceptual proposals for such from NASA; but, most importantly, they can serve as close-enough representation for generic SciFi-esque Space while any sort of proper Space theme is absent for the time being (for whatever reason that may be).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Those City space sets are just begging to cannibalized for parts for some even more serious space build!  The designs looked a little off proportionally - but that can be rectified :head_back:
Also looks like chrome gold is back...

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.