TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

I've heard multiple rumours of new Fire and Police line-up coming this winter. Also a space sub-theme is long overdue to update.

I believe we could also see 1 or 2 new City boats/ships.

6 hours ago, TheArturro said:

Also a space sub-theme is long overdue to update.

If we do indeed see a new Space subtheme for then (likely for the summer wave more than winter), I just hope it's not another earthbound Spaceport line once again, if you know what I mean.

Also, like with the last Space subtheme four years earlier come next year, the return of the Submarine subtheme may be likely for then too.

Fire and special Police theme will be for sure. Which concerns Space and Underwater Research I hope that TLG won't bring them back already next year. Farm, Harbor, TV / Studios, ... are much more overdue.

While I'm very interested to see what may possibly come from potential revisits to the Submarine and Space subthemes for next year, at the same time, I would like to see the City theme instead explore new horizons for their next exploration subtheme, perhaps either to the Serengeti for a safari subtheme or the Australian Outback.

Yay, more fire and police...........meh !

I can only hope mid year there is another awesome city building collection like Capital, City Square or Town Square.

Honestly, I'd like to see some more suburban stuff. Though a safari theme would be good. I'd love a new style lion . . . wouldn't much mind a Space subtheme either. (As long as, like @Digger of Bricks says, it's actual space, not Spaceport . . .) 

Ooh! They should totally do a Moonbase subtheme!

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Ooh! They should totally do a Moonbase subtheme!

EXACTLY! :grin: 

Essentially, it would be a modern homage to the first wave of Classic Space sets of the late seventies!

Edited by Digger of Bricks

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

EXACTLY! :grin: 

Essentially, it would be a modern homage to the first wave of Classic Space sets of the late seventies!

This would be absolutely perfect. Especially if they replicated the colour scheme . . . 

On 7/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Farm, Harbor, TV / Studios, ... are much more overdue. 

On 7/21/2018 at 2:33 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Serengeti for a safari subtheme or the Australian Outback.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Though a safari theme would be good. I'd love a new style lion

Yes please :wub:
The police sets are impossible to avoid, but as long as they give us new animals like this year I do not mind :grin:

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

This would be absolutely perfect. Especially if they replicated the colour scheme . . . 

If they did, I'd imagine that the Bright Blue/Light Grey/Trans-Yellow would be reconfigured, reimagined, or slightly muted in some way as so to give the spacecraft a more realistic tone to them to fit within the City theme. For instance, the least they would do, I'd imagine, would be to emphasise the Light Grey as the spacecraft's predominant color, reduce the Bright Blue to subtle pinstriping, and include Trans-Yellow only as honeycombed port-hole windows as opposed to large, panoramic canopies. 

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If they did, I'd imagine that the Bright Blue/Light Grey/Trans-Yellow would be reconfigured, reimagined, or slightly muted in some way as so to give the spacecraft a more realistic tone to them to fit within the City theme. For instance, the least they would do, I'd imagine, would be to emphasise the Light Grey as the spacecraft's predominant color, reduce the Bright Blue to subtle pinstriping, and include Trans-Yellow only as honeycombed port-hole windows as opposed to large, panoramic canopies. 

I hope not. I'd love to have something Classic Space-ish, since I'm young and broke . . . . here's hoping TLM2 gives us something for Benny . . 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

I hope not. I'd love to have something Classic Space-ish, since I'm young and broke . . . . here's hoping TLM2 gives us something for Benny . . 

Something from Benny would most likely be your best bet for anything truly Classic Space, as am sure that the City theme wouldn't give us something that close to that look in a Space subtheme of theirs, only an implied nod to the original sets by way of a subtler color scheme, similar playset set-ups, and iconography perhaps.

Isn't it too early for another police theme already? The last few police stations were released 2011, 2014, 2017 with secondary police themes (Forest, Swamp, Mountain)  being released a year later in 2012, 2015, and 2018. If they are continuing to follow this pattern, we shouldn't be due for another police theme until 2020. However, the last Fire sets were released 2010, 2013, and 2016, so we definitely should get a fire theme in 2019.

8 hours ago, Yeow said:

Isn't it too early for another police theme already? The last few police stations were released 2011, 2014, 2017 with secondary police themes (Forest, Swamp, Mountain)  being released a year later in 2012, 2015, and 2018. If they are continuing to follow this pattern, we shouldn't be due for another police theme until 2020. However, the last Fire sets were released 2010, 2013, and 2016, so we definitely should get a fire theme in 2019.

Prison Island sub theme was in 2016

For my personal layout, I wouldn't mind seeing garbage and/or recyling trucks, a gas truck, and a tow truck. 

On 7/26/2018 at 3:18 AM, Eaglefan344 said:

Prison Island sub theme was in 2016

For my personal layout, I wouldn't mind seeing garbage and/or recyling trucks, a gas truck, and a tow truck. 

Same. Also, a new gas station. Please

On 7/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, Yeow said:

Isn't it too early for another police theme already?

Apparently it is never too early for another police theme, if you expect one every year you won't be disappointed, but might be pleasantly surprised every decade or so :snicker:

I really hope for a new farm theme, 10 years since the one hit wonder theme :wacko:

Well how about for 2019 , a airport fire station ! With space for 2 airport fire trucks and including the control tower on the set . 

For the airport  fire truck , should they use the European red or American lime green ? 

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Same. Also, a new gas station. Please

I doubt that's coming anytime soon. They did one in 2007 then not again til 2016. The 2016 one sucked and was way too expensive so I missed out on it.

So is this confirmed? Feels like a lot of speculation right now- following recent patterns it's likely we will see a new Fire theme, a new Police sub-theme and some vehicles/exclusives, but has anyone seen an actual list?

As far as I know, it's all speculation.  There are no real rumors to discuss yet.

LEGO City must be the safest city in the world. There are more policemen than citizens

If it follows the same format, we won’t be getting a full new police theme, but rather about four sets.

2015 had Swamp Police

2016 had Prison Island and three other sets.

2017 had a full wave

2018 had Mountain Police

LEGO recycles a lot of themes, sometimes quite often (Police, Fire), sometimes they leave (many) years in between.

What I would consider possible are the following themes:

- harbour
- farm
- TV station (last one was in the '80s)
- outdoor / safari / hicking / rafting