Derek

How much is your collection worth?

Ive never seen a topic on here before AND I searched so I figgured it would be safe to start a topic asking this question:

"How much money is your LEGO collection worth?"

Mines about $1,150, give or take. Ive actually thought of insuring it....

Oh very high I should say X-D I have to much really, the UCS MF is £350 pounds alone! 8-�

Mine is probably something around 3000$. >:-)

you know we should all post pictures in this thread to show everyone! *sweet*

yeah- showing off!!! :-$

95,688 Parts

532 Sets from 1969 to 2008

$16.661,46 (according to the bricklink average price guide - I admit: for some sets I've looked up "NEW"... >:-) )

538 Minifigs

389 instruction booklets

98 Boxes

I'm collecting sets for 2-3 years now.

EDIT:

sets I own twice: 65

triple: 7

Edited by BerndDasBrot

Insuring past a certain point (if I remember, it was $30,000) becomes very difficult. I've had two insurance companies say they would take ebay evaluations of sets as a costing baseline but Bricklink seems to confuse them. So, do you look up every set on Ebay?

Prior to hitting that point, you can insure it as a collection with an estimated value and no need to itemize. I mean, in the scheme of things, the collection is just a small part of what your home and contents is worth in the case you need to file a claim.

-Tohst

Mine's worth a lemniscate! :-P

But seriously, over the years, it's probably acumulated to about $8,000-$10,000 USD easily. :-X What have I done!? :'-( ;-)

I have 367 sets (see below,) oldest one being Renegade Runner (which is actually my sister's, but she does need it >:-) .)

I'd guess over $4000, especially because the mini-fig scale Millenium Falcon is worth so much now.

If anyone wants to check my Brickset and add it all up, you're welcome :-P .

Edited by Faramir

Mine is only worth about a $1200, although it does contain a fair amount of Mindstorms stuff, so my standard MOCing package is less than that. That's why I can't keep MOCs and why I spend carefully *sad*

When I was 7, I used to have nightmares about burglars stealing my Lego; they'd have a reason to now! :'-(

Edited by SlyOwl

~400 sets, worth approximately 3000-3,500 USD. This seems like a good thread to brag in if you have a big collection :-P

I'm far too disorganized to come close to estimating an appropriate value, but I would hazard to guess that it easily approaches the $6,000 mark. I mean, how do you value 100,000+ in lose bricks?

Are you trying to tell me some people know right down to the brick how many they have? *wacko* Or did you all just go count it now. :-P

Me, I have no idea how much I have, probably approaching the $8,000 mark at the least (that's NZD by the way).

I suppose I should really try valuing it in case something happens.... :'-(

Not sure how much it's worth, but I've spent a few thousand dollars throughout my entire collecting. :-D

~Peace

~$4000 according to Peeron but I am not sure how this is worked out.

I dont really like to thing about it too much *wacko*

One...billion dollars >:-)

To estimate how much I have...would cause for me to tire and faint...

Maybe around $2,000+

About $5000 I'd say. I spent around $2500 last year alone, oh dear, I could of had a car by now....

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

I hate threads like these :-D ! It makes me sit back and start to think about how much i have spent on lego in the last 9 years! CRAP, it's alot! :-D

Hi all.

Ickelpete: Just to answer your query, www.Peeron.com uses the original MSRP of the sets when they first come out, then totals your entire collection based on those prices. Although not all sets have a price, but you could guestimate.

As far as my collection is concerned, according to Peeron, 312 sets total(some duplicate), with a piece value of over 102,000. This comes out to be just shy of $10,200US. Now please understand that I have not included sets that are incomplete or individual pieces/minifigs. So I may have a higher value. I am not trying to brag, but that is what Peeron has me at.

I would also like to point out that Peeron has some discrepancies when it comes to accuracy and it does not follow current market values. Please use the service as a guide mostly, especially when you are insuring you collection.

Cheers,

DB