Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Why?

Scribble Cop would've at least said something in this scene if Neeson returned to voice him. If he only grumbles they most likely didn't let Neeson return to the role

On 1/25/2019 at 6:00 PM, Calunca said:

Good spot. Works for me.

Says this on the page:

"LEGO® - CONF_TLM2_PlayThunder_12 Movie Building Games, 70837, Multicolour".

I did a search for 70837 and apparently it had been noted by the Brothers Brick that set numbers 70837-40 were suspiciously missing, leading them to believe that those were the next wave of sets.

Edited by leafan
694 pieces btw. Ages 7 and up.

So I just want to get this out there before it may happen:

Today the US is getting advanced screenings of the movie, while the rest of the world will have to wait for February 8th.

So before the worldwide release comes around, can we please keep this tread clear of spoilers so everyone has a fun experience seeing the movie?

I just saw the movie, here's my thought on some of the sets. A lot of this first wave is spot on to the things in the movie including the Rexcelsior and there is plenty of stuff in the movie for the next 2 waves, including potential future D2Cs.

One thing I was thinking is that I wish the dream house included the porch swing, maybe in another wave we'd get it as an add on set or something

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So I just want to get this out there before it may happen:

Today the US is getting advanced screenings of the movie, while the rest of the world will have to wait for February 8th.

So before the worldwide release comes around, can we please keep this tread clear of spoilers so everyone has a fun experience seeing the movie?

And over in Australia we still won't see it for another two months . . I'm going to have to unsubscribe from this thread, aren't I?

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And over in Australia we still won't see it for another two months . . I'm going to have to unsubscribe from this thread, aren't I?

There are advance screenings in Australia on 9 & 10 Feb - check your local cinema.  

22 minutes ago, Kristel said:

There are advance screenings in Australia on 9 & 10 Feb - check your local cinema.  

. . . well that just figures, since I'm overseas in Italy until the 11th. Ugh. I am going to be the very last person in the world to see this movie.

51 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

. . . well that just figures, since I'm overseas in Italy until the 11th. Ugh. I am going to be the very last person in the world to see this movie.

Considering I still haven't seen TLBM and TLNM (while I do intend to do so), I think you won't be.. :wink: I saw the dutch trailer, and I definitely don't want to see it in cinema with those voices. 

- hang on, this is the Set Discussion! Then why are we talking about screenings??

Edited by Exetrius

Question I hope can be answered without spoiling anything, for those of you who have seen it: who would you consider the "main" characters to be? I set up a display on my entertainment center for The LEGO Movie featuring Emmet, Wyldstyle, President Business, Vitruvius, Unikitty, Batman, Benny, MetalBeard, and Bad Cop, and would like to expand it with key players from the sequel. Clearly Sweet Mayhem, Rex, and Queen Watevra will need to be added, but does anyone else play a significant role on par with my original nine?

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

Question I hope can be answered without spoiling anything, for those of you who have seen it: who would you consider the "main" characters to be? I set up a display on my entertainment center for The LEGO Movie featuring Emmet, Wyldstyle, President Business, Vitruvius, Unikitty, Batman, Benny, MetalBeard, and Bad Cop, and would like to expand it with key players from the sequel. Clearly Sweet Mayhem, Rex, and Queen Watevra will need to be added, but does anyone else play a significant role on par with my original nine?

Maybe ice cream cone? Not many new characters that play a large role in the film

31 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Maybe ice cream cone?

I kinda had a feeling that might be the case, given he was one of the earliest castings announced. Glad I already picked up the Sweetest Friends set.

9 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Maybe ice cream cone?

I didn't think he was all that important but i guess thats up to each individual viewer to decide.

The banana got more screentime I think, but he wasn't a huge role either.

So I just got the magazine and there's some fun stuff in there.

First there's a little comic showing the Rexcelsior, in which 2 older sets make an appearance in 1 picture each.

60078-1.jpg?2015051310516872-1.jpg

60078: Utility Shuttle (2015) and 6872: Xenon X-Craft (1985)

Then there's a metallic dark grey colored raptor with green stripes with 2 6-stud shooters and 2 robot arms. (3 out of 5 "baby raptor" in the Rexcelsior set are metallic dark grey with green stripes as well). 

Also a lot of raptors with robot wings and cannons that are similar to parts in the 3-in-1 Rextreme Offroader set, but still uses some parts not used in the set so it's not a hidden 4th build.

Also blue raptor with green stripes.

Also 3 versions of Plantimals not seen in current sets.

Now this doesn't have to mean that any of it are actual future sets, but some of them seem very possible if they make more sets with plantimals or raptors in it.

Edited by TeriXeri

As for the titanium metallic raptors, they appear as the baby raptor mold in the Rexcelsior. It'll be interesting to see whether we get full-size ones.

Edited by Lyichir

I don't care how minor you guys think they are, can you not drop spoilers in the SET DISCUSSION thread?

Um, yeah--Do not post movie spoilers here, even in spoiler tags!

This is not a film discussion thread. This is a set discussion thread. 

If you want to talk about the film, do so in the film discussion thread.

Everyone please be considerate of the other members and many guests here, who may have not seen the film, but now find themselves in a spoiler minefield instead of a set discussion thread. 

Thank you! :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Um, yeah--Do not post movie spoilers here, even in spoiler tags!

This is not a film discussion thread. This is a set discussion thread. 

If you want to talk about the film, do so in the film discussion thread.

Everyone please be considerate of the other members and many guests here, who may have not seen the film, but now find themselves in a spoiler minefield instead of a set discussion thread. 

Thank you! :thumbup:

Sorry, I thought that was what spoiler tags were for? I hadn't seen any previous warnings, so it won't happen again.

31 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Sorry, I thought that was what spoiler tags were for? I hadn't seen any previous warnings, so it won't happen again.

FWIW, what you said about Balthazar is more than I want to know, and it's not even in spoiler tags. 

3 minutes ago, danth said:

FWIW, what you said about Balthazar is more than I want to know, and it's not even in spoiler tags. 

Sorry... didn't think it was any more spoilery than the comment I was replying to... I've removed it just to be safe. :look:

Just now, Robert8 said:

It seems tomorrow we'll get descriptions of the summer wave sets 

OMG you're like the new Marie Antoinette. Let me eat cake.