Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Well, the first poster for The Lego Movie 2 has officially been unveiled. 

Now, it could be just me, but those proportions don't look look like that of a minifigure. They seem far more reminiscent of a mini-doll. 

I'm also noticing that several of the main characters are getting appearance changes - Wyldstyle has new goggles molded into her hair, as well as what looks like a scarf and bow combination, while Batman has shoulder pads that look like they're made out of car wheels, and . . I have no idea what's going on with Unikitty. Also, Metalbeard look so like he's completely differently built; more streamlined and less bulky, so that'll be cool to see.

I hear we're getting our first trailer tomorrow. Hopefully we'll find out whether mini-dolls are indeed the antagonists then. 

Just now, Rufus said:

I have renamed this thread LEGO Movie 2 ... Set Speculation for until we get anything concrete.  

Wish away!  Ideas of which features may be made into sets and which figures you'd like to see are welcome.   I've embedded the movie trailer into the first post.

Please use the thread in Media and Gaming for discussion of the movie itself.

I can't wait to see it! For me I found this thread of movie better than the Batman one (haven't seen the Ninjago one yet). Hoping that those new parts on the figures come in a minifigure series or sets! I quite like that scarf piece.

The minidoll thing makes sense as the movie is supposed to look at the different ways that boys and girls play. 

As long as we get those sweet, sweet minifigures of the leads, I couldn' give a monkeys about anything else.

Metalbeard now has a crows nest, Batman’s shoulder pads do indeed look like tyres in a Mad Max kind of way. Unikitty seems to have digivolved like a Digimon. Wyldestyles scarf piece could be useful. Benny and Emmett rightfully have no changes. I like the nod to Planet of the Apes as well. I’m getting an apocalyptic vibe. Looking good.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Missed an obvious point.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I hear we're getting our first trailer tomorrow. Hopefully we'll find out whether mini-dolls are indeed the antagonists then. 

It'll either be mini-dolls or a non-LEGO building block shown as an anomaly in Finn and his Dad's LEGO collection.

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Metalbeard now has a crows nest, Batman’s shoulder pads do indeed look like tyres in a Mad Max kind of way. Unikitty seems to have digivolved like a Digimon. Wyldestyles scarf piece could be useful. Benny and Emmett rightfully have no changes. I like the nod to Planet of the Apes as well. I’m getting an apocalyptic vibe. Looking good.

Hate to burst your bubble but,Benny looks to have a arm like this agt013a.png

1 minute ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

or a non-LEGO building block shown as an anomaly in Finn and his Dad's LEGO collection.

That wouldn't happen.

1. Lego would need permission from the rival brand. :thumbdown:
  2. Lego would  smear a rival company in a feature film, that is almost propaganda and wouldn't be accepted.:thumbdown:
  3. Lego would effectively be advertising a rival brand.:thumbdown:
  4. If its a main character they'd need to make lego models of a rivals creation. :thumbdown:

If it does then :wacko:

Edited by Agent Kallus

There is an image from the trailer tomorrow that is out and it shows the alien and looks a lot like a mini doll, it has the same legs I think. The person is called sweet mayhem 

Edited by Falconfan1414

40 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hate to burst your bubble but,Benny looks to have a arm like this 

Hot diggety dog, you’re right! What happened to Benny? Who hurt him? You monsters! He’s been modded! :grin:

Saw Sweet Mayhem. Yes, that is definitely a mini-doll. Looks like they've created a new shoulder armour part for mini-dolls.

Interesting thing is, I'm not getting a 'villain' vibe from her. I think Sweet Mayhem might actually be some kind of anti-hero, or even a new addition to the main cast. I'm thinking it could be that the Duplos are some sort of alien oppressors, and in the process of rebelling against them, the heroes enter the worlds populated by mini-dolls, and ally with some mini-doll revolutionaries. 

Spoiler

“The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part” reunites the heroes of Bricksburg in an all new action-packed adventure to save their beloved city. It’s been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild. The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the LEGO universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to far away, unexplored worlds, including a strange galaxy where everything is a musical. It will test their courage, creativity and Master Building skills, and reveal just how special they really are.

Official Sypnosis 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Crow's Nest? Oh, that is cool. And I see what you mean about Unikitty, now; she looks so cool!

Yep, definitely an apocalyptic vibe - if the sinking Statue of Liberty and the fact that Batman is wearing wheels on his shoulders didn't already tip us off to that. (On a semi-related note, those tyre shoulder pads look like they should totally be on one of the Dragon Hunters over in Ninjago.) This is gonna be so cool!

I wonder if it's post apocalyptic, because the little sister's  allowed to play down stairs and destroyed a bunch of stuff.

Why is this in the licensed forum?

Anyway, I like the new Wyldstyle but I can't really tell what's going on with Unikitty there? Is she wearing like a tribal mask or what

Edit: After a closer inspection it seems they all have like a wastelander design

Edited by Robert8

It seems that the theme will include mini dolls, regular figures, and duplo I am curious about how lego will approach this 

The character on the poster is a mini doll who's name might be Sweet Mayhem and it has blue sparkly butterfly wings.

Picture on instagram.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Here's to hoping this movie's tie-in sets give us some seriously sick SPACESHIPS!!! :moar:

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hate to burst your bubble but,Benny looks to have a arm like this 

Oh, dang, I completely missed that even after several look-overs! :distressed:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That's what I was wondering, as it should've been posted in the Special Themes subforum like the 2014 discussion topics for the first movie's tie-in products.

What do you think @Captain Nemo:classic:

19 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's to hoping this movie's tie-in sets give us some seriously sick SPACESHIPS!!! :moar:

That's what I was wondering, as it should've been posted in the Special Themes subforum like the 2014 discussion topics for the first movie's tie-in products.

. . . There's a Special Themes subforum? Oh . .  sorry, my bad. I thought this stuff only goes in Licensed, Action/Adventure, or Town. (Which does pretty thoroughly cover all the stuff Lego puts out.)

And amen! I want spaceships! And not boring, realistic spaceships like Star Wars. Goofy, silly, fun things! I want a Unikitty Rocket!

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I want a Unikitty Rocket!

I'd rather want a retro Buck Rogers rocket for this Sweet Mayhem minidoll character instead. :grin:

The Deadline article mentions a character named Ice Cream Cone

Could it be an Ice Cream costumed character?  :oh:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Deadline article mentions a character named Ice Cream Cone

Could it be an Ice Cream costumed character?  :oh:

Sounds like it if you ask me. :hmpf:

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well LEGO will treat the products as licensed.  They treated Ninjago Movie items as licensed on Bricks & Pieces, and that's about as licensed as this is...

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, Captain Nemo isn't the only Moderator around here! :tongue:

We put the original LEGO Movie discussions and reviews in Special Themes because it doesn't fit the same mould as other Licensed Themes. Licensed Themes are those where LEGO has gotten an external license for a property. For their own movies, LEGO has input into the property, and for the first LEGO Movie created quite an eclectic mix of sets that were about as Special as it gets. I expect this to be taken even further with the sequel, given that it seems we might gets sets with both Minifigures and Minidolls - and maybe even Duplo?? Who knows!

So, with Licensed being crowded enough as it is, I will move this topic to Special Themes to live with the first LEGO Movie and give the theme a bit more breathing space.

(If you ask why TLBM and TLNM weren't in Special as well, I'd say that TLBM was just a cool expansion of the DC theme really, while TLNM naturally fit in Action with the rest of Ninjago)

Gah! At work, so won't be able to watch the trailer until later. 

Either way, great to see we got our first look of the movie.