I would like to present my latest modeling project, the Central Railroad of New Jersey's Blue Comet. You can read all about this train in my Brick Model Railroader article.

http://brickmodelrailroader.com/index.php/2017/10/26/a-tail-of-the-blue-comet-the-seashores-finest-train-in-lego/#comment-1172

Photos can be found on my Flickr page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/albums/72157665457857519

24096821938_40be085ed2_z.jpgComet Train Set 01 by Cale Leiphart, on Flickr

37917321722_868e936261_c.jpgComet Locomotive 01 by Cale Leiphart, on Flickr

37947992191_2d909dba11_c.jpgComet Observation 03 by Cale Leiphart, on Flickr

Cale

Edited by Cale

That is just outstanding all-around.  The detailing on the boiler is fantastic, but it all still feels very clean and sleek.  Beautiful job!

Cale, you've outdone yourself and I did not think that was possible. That looks better than any lionel model and you are starting to encroach on the turf of the top end O gauge models too. Excellent work with all sorts of clever new angles (the cab roof and tender coal bunker are just two examples) and all of the detail on the side of the boiler is top notch. The cars look fantastic too (just like the AHM HO heavyweight cars I had as a kid)

This is a such a beautiful creation. Even the tiniest of details tie this whole thing together. I love the little bell. Where did you get that piece, or did you custom make it?

53 minutes ago, CarrollFilms said:

I love the little bell. Where did you get that piece, or did you custom make it?

I think the bell is a custom gold colored fez piece?

Also, @Cale, did you use track pins on the valve gear rods?

That's a sweet Pacific locomotive and car set. The detail work is top notch on this and it really shows.

Awesome creation, the details are fantastic, love the colour, and those tweaked wheels are beautiful.

This is one of the finest Lego train MOCs I have ever seen.

Clearly there are a lot of non-standard / custom parts but I think even a Lego purist would have to appreciate the end result.

It seems to have been a labour of love for you and I hope to one day attempt something similar with the Orient Express.