My second micro Lord of the Rings creation, after Edoras. Andrew JN suggested that I build Rivendell, and I was skeptical about being able to pull it off in micro-scale at first. The main build process took a little over 2 weeks, and then I needed to wait a bit longer for parts to arrive to finish the model. It was primarily based off of these two images: picture 1, picture 2.The model is view-able from all sides, and while one of my most complex micro creations, it was an extremely rewarding build.

Rivendell, also known as Imladris, was an Elven town and the house of Elrond located in Middle-earth. It is described as “The Last Homely House East of the Sea”, referencing towards Valinor, which is west of the Great Sea in Aman.

ov-r2.jpg

lwo.jpg

left-1.jpg

rc-low.jpg

bbc-2.jpg

High resolution images on flickr.
Check out all of the pictures on brickbuilt to make sure you don't miss any details.

Thanks for looking :classic:

The buildings look superb. I don't think the hairpieces as trees work so well here, not as much as the green ones I've seen used before. Especially the ones with ear holes.

The staircases are by far the most impressive tiny details for me, they look fantastic.

Very scenic and expressive at the same time. Peacefully, harmonic and majestic. Just wonderful how the colours work together: I squint my eyes and they blur into very natural patterns. Really sweet :classic:

As for the trees: the blade-pieces work better than the hair. This said, I didn't notice the hair-pieces, until I had a closer look. Then I realized they are everywhere! So - yeah, they seem to work in a way.:wink:

The whole composition just works very well for me. Great work.

Freaking nuts SK, freaking nuts.

Architecture is insane with all those different types of columns and I'm really surprised at how well all the colors in the landscaping pull together.

:wub:

Very nice! I love the color scheme and brilliant use of the hairs (quite creepy though)! Great job!

DITTO!

Wow! The pastel colors set the peaceful mood, and the details of the design just pull you in...making you want to visit the place. To create this in micro scale is amazing as well. It took a while to notice the hairpieces as trees, but they do add to the ambiance because trees exist in many colors other than green. (It would be fun to see an entire village in this scale and color palette. While I adore the scale of ToysRUS' old Bricktober sets of four buildings, this is much easier on the eyes and certainly more attractive fitting into the landscape of most of Planet Earth.)