19 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hi. Welcome to EB.

Even though it's not clearly stated in the rules, we don't like links to confidential images being posted here. I have removed the link.

I thought if it was a link, it's okay, and not a direct image. If that's changed, I understand that. Although, when leaked images pop up, people want to see them, right? And, google searches don't work, so what should we do?

Hmmmm, but can i post here link to some belorussian lego-forum, where was posted this "images"? =) There only 4 pages about 1H2018.

10 minutes ago, Ro_off said:

Hmmmm, but can i post here link to some belorussian lego-forum, where was posted this "images"? =) There only 4 pages about 1H2018.

If they are preliminary, we have already seen them.

Was the Mack blacked out?

7 hours ago, Kaanere said:

If they are preliminary, we have already seen them.

I found the forum that @Ro_off is talking about - the images are exactly the same that we already saw - "Rally car + Fire SUV + Catamaran Yacht +Ferry" and "Pull-backs + Compactor + Small truck + Full-black Mack's shadow".

8 hours ago, Ro_off said:

anyway, i hope for RC+New Pneumatic, for 170 euro without motor functions is shame.

And, 2018 Anthem model is too glamorous for port-working. Pinnacle or Granit (or LR, of course) much better for container-truck. 

Maybe, new model can look like this, or this. But i dont understand how they make short-base truck with hand-type manipulator - like Arocs or like this.

And, what about B-Modell? Its will be so nice, if it something like my favorite 5590, because Mack have similar LR-truck.

well more like this

m-170913-mack-pinnacle-1.jpg

11 hours ago, Ro_off said:

Yep, they are preliminary, i dont found dat here, so posted. But, it was prohibited =/

We are on page 19 of the 2018 1H set discussion. If you browse through some of the pages, you will see that discussion is about the leaked pictures :wink: 

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I thought if it was a link, it's okay, and not a direct image. If that's changed, I understand that. Although, when leaked images pop up, people want to see them, right? And, google searches don't work, so what should we do?

According to our site guidelines it's okay to post a link to a prelim image. However, being a huge online community, we have implicitly agreed to do our best to prevent images from being leaked (well, exposed actually, since they already have been leaked). Not every moderators acts the same way, but I prefer not to have links directly to the leaked images. Linking to another community is somewhat different, since it's clear where the images are being hosted and TLG can take a course of action and contact the other community.

It's a thin line, I know. I can't prevent you guys from posting them here, but when they are posted, I will remove the link. In other words; you have to be quick :wink: 
(after I remove the images they usually float around the web, email and PM)

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's simple: Someone would announce that they have the link, and everyone just needs to PM them for pic.

That would be me :classic: I announced at the start that I have the pics. PM me for them everyone!

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

That would be me :classic: I announced at the start that I have the pics. PM me for them everyone!

...or if you had the Instagram link... :wink:

47 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

...or if you had the Instagram link... :wink:

The Instagram pics all got taken down. I follow nearly 200 LEGO Technic-dedicated accounts, none have them posted.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The Instagram pics all got taken down. I follow nearly 200 LEGO Technic-dedicated accounts, none have them posted.

I meant when they were up Still.

On 11.10.2017 at 8:44 AM, Void_S said:

I found the forum that @Ro_off is talking about - the images are exactly the same that we already saw - "Rally car + Fire SUV + Catamaran Yacht +Ferry" and "Pull-backs + Compactor + Small truck + Full-black Mack's shadow".

I'm from that forum. There we have the same prelim pics with shadowed Mack...

BTW when saw the Mack Anthem 2018's photo start thinking of building this beauty!

49 minutes ago, Aleh said:

I'm from that forum. There we have the same prelim pics with shadowed Mack...

BTW when saw the Mack Anthem 2018's photo start thinking of building this beauty!

A bit off topic, Mack Anthem (based on Unimog Tires) will look great side by side with your Lonestar Truck :thumbup:

Mack Truck is probably a 1HY release as there will likely be another IP supercar in the summer and they don´t want to take sales away from it. In 2015, there were too many attractive models in the summer, whereas the 1hy sets were pretty average.

Haven't introduced myself in the technic forum really.

I work at a store that sells LEGO among a million other stuff, for me this means getting mean discounts on ALL sets.

Unfortunately, we mostly market to kids so our technic section is laughable, and the only set that you can order one of is the mindstorms one, all the other major  technic sets come in a box of 2 and I can't justify that economically  at the moment.

Will be meeting with our Lego salesman on Tuesday however and I'm gonna press him a bit on the 2018 technic sets, if I find something out I'll post it on here.

However, if it's all hush hush I'll let you know it's on its way, without saying what IT is  :blush:

Really hope he's bringing some sort of catalogue, this is usually the time we'll see the stuff we're gonna start pushing before Christmas.

I'll share what I can, and nothing more :laugh:

On 21/10/2017 at 7:03 AM, valenciaeric said:

as there will likely be another IP supercar in the summer

This is exactly what people were saying about 2017, that there'll likely be an IP car. And yet, nothing. Don't fall into this kind of thinking

Edited by Bartybum
Wrong year

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

If it took them three years to develop the Porsche it would be logical the next IP car would come in 2019. 

Or 3 years to develop the first process.  Now having it established to mostly follow rather than develop could take a year off and bring it into 2018

10 hours ago, Bartybum said:

This is exactly what people were saying about 2018, that there'll likely be an IP car. And yet, nothing. Don't fall into this kind of thinking

That is exactly what I AM saying about 2018! Porsche should retire net year so they can overlap sets for a quarter.

13 hours ago, Bartybum said:

This is exactly what people were saying about 2018, that there'll likely be an IP car. And yet, nothing. Don't fall into this kind of thinking

With 42068 set was somerhing similar. So time will tell...

On 21/10/2017 at 4:43 AM, Bartybum said:

You probably mean 2017. 

And in this case it's different since there were actual hints that there is a new "very special project" scheduled for 2018. I can't remember where or when we heard about it. Yes, still rumors, but getting something special in 2018 is not out of the question.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

You probably mean 2017. 

And in this case it's different since there were actual hints that there is a new "very special project" scheduled for 2018. I can't remember where or when we heard about it. Yes, still rumors, but getting something special in 2018 is not out of the question.

Apologies, I did mean 2017!

Another possible reason is the migration to PF2.0. Perhaps the Mack could be the last set with the old system and the summer flagship will have the new system.

Proper pictures of 1H models should be just around the corner, anyway.

6 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Another possible reason is the migration to PF2.0. Perhaps the Mack could be the last set with the old system and the summer flagship will have the new system.

Proper pictures of 1H models should be just around the corner, anyway.

Yes perhaps you're right, but problem is that we don't know around which corner :laugh: