Jim

[TC12] Technic Wacky Wheels Contest - Information Topic

8 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

But what would it be?

Maybe a wheel, with a logo of wacky wheels on it.

I'm participating ! I managed to build something while having a lot of school work and I must be 60% done.

Do you like dark purple ?

6 hours ago, Charbel said:

Do you like dark purple ?

yes, and no, i'm not a girl/hater :laugh:.

Edited by Aventador2004

Once you put an entry into the "Entry Topic" and if you need to make any changes I assume you notify this in the discussion topic.
Is that correct ?

On 8/14/2017 at 1:54 PM, Jim said:

The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.

Yes, you can @doug72.

2 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Once you put an entry into the "Entry Topic" and if you need to make any changes I assume you notify this in the discussion topic.
Is that correct ?

You can make changes in your Entry topic up until it is locked.

You don't need to announce that in your Discussion topic.

45 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Would 3 steering modes on a car count as wacky? @Jim @Milan 

are you going to enter your three mode supercar? it isn't much of a wacky idea.

12 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

are you going to enter your three mode supercar? it isn't much of a wacky idea.

I'm thinking of ideas, and so far I have one, so ignore the question I guess? It will have that chassis though.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I'm thinking of ideas, and so far I have one, so ignore the question I guess? It will have that chassis though.

Thats what i expected, just doesn't seem wacky on its own.

10 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

it isn't much of a wacky idea.

I disagree, I think it would be a bit wacky - especially if it's body looks wacky...

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I disagree, I think it would be a bit wacky - especially if it's body looks wacky...

We have our opinions.

29 minutes ago, Leonard Goldstein said:

Is it allowed to cut them to a proper length?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't allowed, because it's quite common to cut pneumatic tubes. (in fact, I think the tubes in older Lego sets needed be cut before you used them - until they started using pre-cut tubes)

10 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't allowed, because it's quite common to cut pneumatic tubes. (in fact, I think the tubes in older Lego sets needed be cut before you used them - until they started using pre-cut tubes)

:thumbup:

Thanks a lot! I am not familiar with the older sets, I only own 42043 and 42053 where all the tubes were cut to the correct length.

Regards

Leonard_Goldstein

2 hours ago, Leonard Goldstein said:

...pneumatic tubes? Is it allowed to cut them to a proper length?

Yes, you are allowed to do that!

Happy building!

4 hours ago, Milan said:

Yes, you are allowed to do that!

Happy building!

Hi Milan,

thanks for the official "ok". I don't want to risk disqualification because of that. And yes: now I am happy with my building :laugh:

Greetings

Leonard_Goldstein

On 14-8-2017 at 7:54 PM, Jim said:

The Wacky Wheels competition is loosely based on the 1994 Arcade game by Apogee, which strongly puts the emphasis on fun instead of realism, both in looks and gameplay.

Is it just me or am I correct that - going by the nature of most entries and wips - only very few people make the association with the 1994 Wacky Wheels game for this contest? I guess you have to be of certain age to be familiar with the game.:laugh:.

Edited by Didumos69

9 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:
On 14-8-2017 at 7:54 PM, Jim said:

Is it just me or am I correct that - going by the nature of most entries and wips - only very few people make the association with the 1994 Wacky Wheels game for this contest? I guess you have to be of certain age to be familiar with the game.:laugh:.

I dont know the game and i am not really in to games. But the ones i played in my younger years in the arcade, where packman and donkeykong :laugh:

Edited by JDL1967

56 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

I dont know the game and i am not really in to games. But the ones i played in my younger years in the arcade, where packman and donkeykong :laugh:

I never played the game and I'm also not into games. I only played Blockout (kind of 3D tetris) in those days and I always imagined there would be a version with LEGO Techic parts that can only be dropped on top of one another when they would actually connect.

8 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

only very few people make the association with the 1994 Wacky Wheels game for this contest? I guess you have to be of certain age to be familiar with the game.:laugh:.

I was 'too old' for games like Wacky wheels in 1994 (20). What's the average age of technic EB members I wonder.

I looked at the game before building but most vehicles looked the same (go karts) not inspiring much wacky creativity in me. so for me it's more about a wacky vehicle in a race than wacky wheels game.

you peeps that have built a wacky go kart style vehicle have captured the wacky wheels game extremely well!

there is so much room to move in this challenge which is great for variation in entries :thumbup:

Edited by MangaNOID

1 hour ago, MangaNOID said:

I was 'too old' for games like Wacky wheels in 1994 (20). What's the average age of technic EB members I wonder? 

That was a question a while ago, in general discussion, but for a Answer to help, I did not know of this game.

Edited by Aventador2004

8 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Sorry, that was more a rhetorical question about age.

Oh, ok.

Hi,

Back from my holiday, which means back online again.

This is a message to inform you that voting will be a little bit different for this (and maybe future) contest. Voting will consist of a public part (members) and a jury part (undisclosed group of selected professionals :wink: ). More information will be disclosed in due time. The purpose of this voting scheme is to give people who build in the spirit of the contest a better chance to win (instead of high scores for things that simply look cool). Another benefit is that people are not able to calculate the winner beforehand.