This is the south gate of Lleidr Castle, a ruined fortress of central Avalonia, nestled in the eaves of a forest that has slowly grown over it. A band of outlaws has made it their abode, calling themselves the Merry Men of Lleidr. No one knows the history of the castle, as all records of it have vanished, and the bandits themselves do not care. They have repaired certain parts of the castle just enough to serve as living quarters and storehouses. They did not do an especially good job of repair, though; if they had been capable of an honest day's work at a building trade, after all, they would not have become bandits.

34826744243_53ae278e0b_c.jpg

35378740386_87d88be98e_c.jpg

A build for the Summer Joust 2017, Castle Collaboration category. My teammates, and fellow Merry Men of Lleidr, are @Henjin_Quilones (with his build The South Gate of Lleidr) and @ZlatanXVIGustaf (and his build(my favourite of the team) The Western Wall of Lleidr) . It was a lot of fun to make and I was surprised how large I could make the stone sections. The build may be a bit grey in places and I wish I did have more brick to make somethings (eg texturing) better but overall I am very pleased with it and I loved working within a team of other great builders. It was also amazing that we all agreed to do a castle that was right up my alley :grin:.  Oh yea and the edit is pretty bad, I still haven't got the hang of it :tongue:

Hope you enjoy and C&C invited

Edited by The Maestro

I really wanna know where that door in the stonework under the tree goes... :grin:  Very nice build Maestro, in general, great job on the weather beaten look!  The line where the house meets the stones could maybe use a little something to break it up, but otherwise lovely work with all the crumbling!  I've noticed the rifle on the weather vane for one at least of the other builds - great little bit of cohesiveness!  Plus a creative use of the rifle! :thumbup: 

What? You wanted even more texture? :laugh: inbelievable... Though,as Kai said, the line between the tudor and the stone section could indeed use some. Everything else is really cool, with a very nice colourscheme and great details (like the use of that rifle! :thumbup:). A special thumbs-up for the tree as well!

You all did a great job texturing and matching your builds to each other. I will admit I'm a bit bored of the run down Ces look, but nonetheless this is very pleasing to the eye. Great work all of you!

This fits really well with the others and I am fitting them together in my minds eye. The ruined castle look is so detailed and as a castle needs a lot of maintenance it fits the bandit look well. The Tudor bits are lovely and the large tree wth the turret behind. The door under the tree root is great and the general rubble and scree.

This fits really well with the others and I am fitting them together in my minds eye. The ruined castle look is so detailed and as a castle needs a lot of maintenance it fits the bandit look well. The Tudor bits are lovely and the large tree wth the turret behind. The door under the tree root is great and the general rubble and scree.

Nice texturing, and destroyed look on the cottage man... Really nice

Edited by Gunman

Nicely done, TM! Despite everything I like about the build, my favorite part is probably the heads on pikes with rubber-band blood. I do wish you had swapped out those 1x8 tiles under the tudor section for something smaller and rougher, though. 

On 7/18/2017 at 4:18 AM, Kai NRG said:

I really wanna know where that door in the stonework under the tree goes... :grin:  Very nice build Maestro, in general, great job on the weather beaten look!  The line where the house meets the stones could maybe use a little something to break it up, but otherwise lovely work with all the crumbling!  I've noticed the rifle on the weather vane for one at least of the other builds - great little bit of cohesiveness!  Plus a creative use of the rifle! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai, agh... I am sure the door leads somewhere? :tongue: And yeah, I had seen the rifle used like that on a build a while ago and had always wanted to use one.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:22 AM, TitusV said:

What? You wanted even more texture? :laugh: inbelievable... Though,as Kai said, the line between the tudor and the stone section could indeed use some. Everything else is really cool, with a very nice colourscheme and great details (like the use of that rifle! :thumbup:). A special thumbs-up for the tree as well!

Of course, it is The Maestro you are talking about remember? :grin: The tree was alot of work, and the leaves very very frustrating, I had them perfect once but I accidental them and could never get them back that way again :cry_sad: Thank you Titus

On 7/19/2017 at 3:59 AM, Blufiji said:

You all did a great job texturing and matching your builds to each other. I will admit I'm a bit bored of the run down Ces look, but nonetheless this is very pleasing to the eye. Great work all of you!

Thank you Blufiji, and I agree, the style is getting a little over done now, which is why I am beginning to try working towards a new style at the moment.  

On 7/20/2017 at 5:34 AM, Muakhah said:

Thanks alot Muakhah, and I am glad to see that you can fit them all together, that was the aim after all!

12 hours ago, Gunman said:

Nice texturing, and destroyed look on the cottage man... Really nice

Thanks you Gunman

8 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nicely done, TM! Despite everything I like about the build, my favorite part is probably the heads on pikes with rubber-band blood. I do wish you had swapped out those 1x8 tiles under the tudor section for something smaller and rougher, though. 

The heads were one of the first parts I came up with and I just had to use them. Due to lack of parts I couldn't have done too much but I agree, I should have done something at least.

5 hours ago, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

Very well done here Maestro! The stonework is excellent the tree is beautiful. The house is the best part though IMO. 

Thanks you Zlatan, The hose was the first part I worked on and I am happy you tink it came out well, it was based heavily of one of Derfel Cardan's Mocs 

Plenty of excellent stonework to admire, and I like how you included a couple different shades of green as moss :thumbup: Lovely tree too :wub:

That moc has some really great and cool angels! I alos like the different heights you have in it! A very solid and great looking moc for sure!

Excellent build Maestro, definitely one of my favorites from you! The tree growing up the tower is gorgeous, and you really nailed the ruined stone texture.
The little fireplace is a neat detail as well :thumbup:

Excellent!  In general, I am not a huge fan of the style of stonework in here on a lot of structures, but I do think it lends itself well to older, run down structures, and you have used it here to great effect.  I also appreciate your color palette.  The greys mixed with the white, dark tan and brown of the wooden structure and the orange of the fall tree is great.  As I keep reading these forums and looking at MOCs, I find that the best ones take an artist's eye for color to choose the correct shades and know where to place them to make believable and textured builds.  I think that you have that in spades.  Thank you for sharing with everyone!