Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, MasterofElements said:

The Flash is actually a new figure. It has lines all across the torso, along with a new face (I think).

You're right on both accounts

Yay, I'm liking all these figures! Although another disappointment for those wanting Flash and Reverse Flash are that the symbols don't match.

I like them! I love Reverse Flash and Killer Frost is a pretty good minifigure but I'm not a fan of the hair. I'll probably just put Storm's hair on her. I like Cyborg's helicopter and Luthor's mech. Lobo set is probably the best out of the three. Prices are all great, these will probably end up Day 1 purchases for me.

Wow, nice crop of new figs...and some, decent looking sets. Cyborgs helicopter is the stand out to me. I'll echo the notion of Frost's hair...that doesn't go with comic or CW version, where'd they get from? All those new minifigure pieces...geez. The fire from Firestorms feet is awesome. Poor Supes though...

So glad we finally get a LEGO Reverse Flash and Firestorm. I'll probably get all of these.

EDIT: Also, loving all these new 'energy blast' pieces!

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Ooh. I like the Lex and Lobo sets. Cyborg one is meh, but I will definitely grab Thawne at the very least. Though I think regular yellow would have fit him much better.

Those new effect parts are REALLY neat. Great to see Firestorm has the dark skin tone so he can double as the CW version.

I wonder what that new 1x2 plate with round edges is intended for- seems odd to put it with the ammo/extra effect parts.

They seem to have really blown their budget on effects pieces... Not sure why they would need to make 4 new designs for those in a single wave. :wacko:

These minifigures are terrific, but I think the caches of new "weapon" pieces are a bit overbearing. 

But wow, the minifigures! Reverse Flash!!!

And whoa, is that piece a SHIELD OF FIRE in the Lex Luther mech? I'll admit, that new piece looks awesome!

I'm decently Impressed this wave. The Justice League sets from 2014 were fun, so I'm glad to see a return of the comic JLA sets. It makes sense as these will come out hot on the heels of the new movie. Still bothers me how besides the DCEU Superman, we just have the comic based one. Don't get me wrong, I love the design, but they just keep using it over and over. I do like the combo they made with the hair, face, and torso/legs. Krypto is really good, and the Scooby-Doo mold is perfect. It makes me want to pick up the Brainiac set now for Supergirl. Lobo is an amazing figure and the hairpiece really suits him. The Kryptonite prison is alright, nothing special. I do like the rod pieces with the electricity molding on it. Great new pieces. Lobo's Spacehog is big, and has quite a bit of trans green, but it's not horrible, just a bit too big.

Lex's Mech is a huge improvement over the last one and looks very nice, just need to switch out some of the gold for some green and purple. Batman's glider is average, nothing special there. I'm glad we're getting Rebirth Batman AND Rebirth Wonder Woman, both look amazing, just wish Bats had his Purple and Black cape. Firestorm is also a really cool figure, even though the fire piece likely cannot be removed. I'm glad we're getting Cheetah, but there should be a bit more detail and/or molding on her. Lex looks nice and I'm glad to finally have a power armor version of him.

Cyborg's Helicopter is a surprisingly good Lego Helicopter, and I like the use of trans red and grey. Just wish that the piece they used on the bottom was brick built. Killer Frost's Snowplow is pretty nice, but small, and kinda useless. Her figure is spot on besides that awful hairpiece, and I'm so darn happy to finally get a Reverse Flash figure, he looks great. Flash seems to be the same, which is kind of annoying. I do like the yellow versions of the power blast though. Overall, It's a good set.

I am curious to see what the things the villains are holding turn out to be too. This wave to me is one of the best ones in a while, and is quite affordable for me, so I'm very glad about that.

EDIT 1: Flash is in fact new, and is the Rebirth version, so that's neat.

Edited by Nexo Bricks

Ooooooohhhhhhhh booyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I am hyped.

First off, New Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Flash look amazing!  I really love the Rebirth looks (admittedly, the Flash's costume didn't really change, so it's still New 52ish, but that's also true in Rebirth, so I'll let it pass), and the subtle details are incredible! I hope that Batman becomes the "default" one they stick in 30573578 sets for a while; I'm not a huge fan of the black-and-yellow "Troika" batsuit we've gotten way too many of in the first place, and the New 52 fig feels a little too "cluttered" with the detail, the way Star Wars figs got for a while. Strange that Superman didn't get an update. 

And the new Firestorm is exactly what I wanted it to be! If you ask me, Jason Rusch was always 237% the best Firestorm, so I'm glad it's him. I would've been a-okay with Ronnie, but this is just too good to be true. And that Krypto is a good balance of not-too-cartoonish.

And the villains! Reverse Flash fits perfectly against either the original or the new Flash minifig, and I'm so glad he got his red eyes; I was worried they'd normal-eye him. Killer Frost's hairpiece is odd, although I feel like they were basing it off of a particular look out there, but the rest of her is on point, so I'll just swap a different hairpiece in and be happy with it. New Lex armors are always nice, but I wish they'd stop using the Bruce Wayne head. The original face he had, though subtly different, was so much better for Lex. Cheetah's pretty good, and it's nice to have a Wonder Woman villain minifig finally. And that Lobo, especially grinning, captures him perfectly.

Even the builds are decent, though some better than others.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Shouldn't Lobo be a bigfig?

Nope. Lobo may be big, especially next to someone like Harley Quinn, but he's still in the "normal human size" zone.

22 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I'm happy that by combining this and the previous cyborg one can get a full pearl silver minifigure body. :classic:

Someone posted more pics here:

Although, why you wouldn't go to the original source is beyond me. 

Here's that one, again, provided by our own @kastorskorner : http://kastorskorner.com/wp/lego-reveals-2018-dc-superheroes-sets/

It also has set descriptions that explain those little cylindrical builds. Fun times. Delicious-looking sets.

Just now, rob-ot5000 said:

Although, why you wouldn't go to the original source is beyond me. 

Here's that one, again, provided by our own @kastorskorner : http://kastorskorner.com/wp/lego-reveals-2018-dc-superheroes-sets/

It also has set descriptions that explain those little cylindrical builds. Fun times. Delicious-looking sets.

I was not aware of the original source. Thank you!

These new sets look great! Finally another good DC wave of sets. The only problem I have is the lack of detail on some of the figures, i.e. Superman, Batman, Flash & Reverse Flash's lack of dual moulding and Cyborg & Cheetas lack of printing. I love all the new fire, ice and krytonite ( Its meant to be Kryptonite right?) accessories. And I'm over the moon they included Wonder Woman lasso as I never got the piece. Overal an amazing wave, on par with the the Spiderman wave from last year. I'm just so glad that it isn't bat centric, I mean just look at all the new figures!!:cry_happy: Can't wait!  

Did anyone noticed that new Batman uses Batfleck JL head? I'm surprised they are sticking to this head instead of older one, not that I'm complaining.

So yeah that Killer Frost design sucks, so very much, also the fact there's no new hairpiece in white. Disappointed about Firestorm not being Ronnie Raymond (could have been interchangeable heads) but I'll forgive that because of "synergy", nothing against Jason Rusch but I grew up with Ronnie Raymond. Flash and Reverse flash with no dual molding is sad. 

LEGO needs to grow up and stop the embargo on yellow hips, it's just frustrating.

Wow! Every single figure in this wave is brand new. Even Superman, who is technically just the old figure with his DCEU hairpiece, but it's the thought that counts I guess! The lack of leg printing doesn't really bother me on anyone besides Cyborg, who looks awkwardly plain with just torso printing. I prefer this torso to the old one, so I guess I'll just do some mixing and matching. 

Batman looks weird to me now that I'm so used to seeing his TLBM version so much. Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think there's been a 'regular' Batman figure I've really liked. They've all seemed sorta bland to me. :sceptic: That Wonder Woman looks amazing, as do Cheeta, Firestorm, Lobo and Reverse Flash. 

My favorite part of the line up is Krypto! :wub: I'll be sure to pick up that set ASAP. The other two will probably be after clearance, or after I've bought all of the other sets that interest me in the Winter. I do like how this wave has a story that make the sets feel connected. Hopefully that becomes a staple in both this and the comic Marvel sets in the next few years. 

Man, those figs are great! It's great they gave Cyborg and Batman their JL heads while WW gets the head from the Awesome Guide. It's even better they gave Flash a new head as well as giving him the New 52/Rebirth lines. Cyborg still looks pretty plain so I'll probably give his head, torso and hips to the 2015 fig. Still not a fan of Killer Frost's hair but there are other pieces available so it's no real issue. RF is near perfect although I still would've liked boots. Firestorm is equally impressive- it looks like I need another pair of Beach legs though. Aside from the torso, Lex looks fairly generic, I would've like to have seen his 2012 head again. Cheetah is pretty nice and it's good to finally get a minifig-sized WW villain. Lobo is awesome, that hair is a great choice I know a set of Space Police legs that would work nicely with him. Superman is Superman it's a shame that once again he's been left out of the wardrobe change. Krypto looks a tad large for me but at least the mold is nice. 

At first I wasn't feeling those blast piece but they look really nice on Jason. I like that Lex's Mech has an escape pod, feels very Luthor. Still not enamoured by the Frost Car but its just a side build and without we probably wouldn't have gotten the Frost minifig 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Shouldn't Lobo be a bigfig?

Nah ,there`s a Lobo animated series on Youtube  plus other Justice League stuff and he stands no taller than the man of steel...but his bike ain`t as big as lego have designed it..I will definitely get this set though...it`s the best of the bunch (at least for me!)

Take care guys

Kenny

Edited by r5-j2