Monstrox's main goal was to get back to his human form, so we could get all his powers back

It's natural to think human Monstrox was the final villianĀ 

Especially considering he was a necromancer.

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Monstrox's main goal was to get back to his human form, so we could get all his powers back

It's natural to think human Monstrox was the final villianĀ 

Especially considering he was a necromancer.

His main goal in season 1 was to regain his human form, yes. A goal he completely abandoned once he was a cloud in season 2 in favor of claiming all the forbidden powers so he could turn into a mountain that walks.

5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Most of those things could indicate just one or two planned sets that were cancelled, not necessarily a full wave. Furthermore, I don't know why anyone expected a human Monstrox after he became digital this year? Seems to me like by the theme's logic, with so much of the world computerized and much of the Knights' strength originating from Merlok's Nexo Powers, a physical body for Monstrox would be a downgrade. The only way I might have anticipated a human Monstrox at this point would have been as a promotional item like the human Merlok figure, because taking the same form as the knights' trusted ally to turn all the forces they've come to rely on against them seems like the ideal scenario for Monstrox's final attack.

In the part of my post that you cut out, I mentioned that there were most likely only three or so sets in the "final wave", so we agree on that. Human Monstrox is more of a symbolic thing; getting him in his regular form would have made the theme come full circle, and kids would much rather play with an actual figure with articulation rather than a useless hologram. I'm still holding out hope that normal Monstrox shows up in a book or something, to be honest.

Kind of a shame to see NK go. While I didn't buy a ton of the sets I know my neighbors' kid was in love with this theme, and I would have been too if it was around when I was young. I feel like while they nailed it with the villains every year they never managed to fully capitalize on the whole gloryhammer-esque science-fantasy vibe in the sets. Everything ended up just being vehicles with questionable color schemes, at least on the hero's end. It's unfortunate as well, since I adore the aesthetic of the theme but had no interest in the majority of the sets, and ended up only picking up a few. Oh well, looking forward to what's coming next. Here's hoping for something closer to traditional fantasy, pirates, steampunk, or a combination of the three.

Iā€™m mixed to ambivalent regarding NK passing on. The line had so many great parts, especially for a Classic Space fan or builder. But the story lore and characters never really grabbed me. And, as much as I hate to put it this way, the vehicles, especially the Knights vehicles, while seeming like nice well designed sets physically, felt like things an adult would think are clever and fun for a kid... without actually being clever and fun from the kids POV. Like the vehicles shaped like medieval weapons. Ninjago succeeded by finding that weird candy color coordinate point of maximum intersection in a kids mind. Hot rods and tanks and dragons and motorcycles and robots. Nexo Knights felt like it didnā€™t quite nail it. Not bad, but not surprised at a 3 year run.Ā 

There were a few individual sets that I really liked. But whole swaths that I just skipped. Like the meh grey and purple bad guy stuff...

7 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Wait, did they outright say the theme was canceled or did they say THIS exactly?Ā 
Because no Summer Wave doesn't mean we aren't getting another Winter Wave...

If it was going the ninjago route and taking a wave off we would get an thing very similar to the rebooted poster, but thatā€™s not the case for nexo Knights. Nexo Knights is 100% finished. They said it at the toy fair Nexo Knights was done. Also the executive producer for the nexo Knights tv show even said the show/ theme was coming to a end. I actually donā€™t think Nexo Knights sold very well, or at least weā€™ll enough to meet legos expections. Our old friend, CM4Sci said it best on twitter, he used different more explicit language but he basically said that with the last two attempts at a castle theme they havenā€™t gone according to plan for Lego in terms of sales and it seems kids are not into the castle stuff as older afol might be so castle might go on ice for a bit

Edited by Falconfan1414

7 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Why would they skip a summer wave and do another winter wave. The theme would have to be cancelled and then brought back for that to happen.Ā 

Not necessarily...
We've all seen plenty of speculation that one of the things that hurt Nexo Knight sales was the over-crowding in the Lego aisle; They just had too many themes with too many sets all vying with each other for buyers attention.
Perhaps spacing out the releases would help in this matter.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If it was going the ninjago route and taking a wave off we would get an thing very similar to the rebooted poster, but thatā€™s not the case for nexo Knights.

Well how long did it take Ninjago to get "Rebooted" in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Nexo Knights is 100% finished. They said it at the toy fair Nexo Knights was done. Also the executive producer for the nexo Knights tv show even said the show/ theme was coming to a end.

Again, what was their exact statement?
Is this an absolutely official thing, or is it just the current plan?

Edited by Whiteagle

While I'm not a huge fan of the base "stone stomper" monster from year 2, I have never understood the complaints about the purple and grayĀ color scheme. While I found the Sets kind of meh, I'm always a fan of having a ton of gray bricks I can use to build castles with.

4 minutes ago, Whiteagle said:

The ninjago rebooted annocument came in December of 2012 that ninjago would be returning in 2014 before the stone warrior wave even hit shelves officially. I donā€™t speak german so I donā€™t know there exact words that were said at toy fair but the rough translations said so. Also many credible people have come out and said the theme is done for good such as just2good

22 minutes ago, Falctron said:

I have never understood the complaints about the purple and grayĀ color scheme.

I think it was more that most of the Stone stuff was just recolored Lava Monster gear...
Year 2 bad color schemes usually mean the Knights stuff, since they tried to cram gold into the Trans-Florescent Orange, Royal Blue, andĀ KNIGHT Color schemes of their vehicles.

22 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I donā€™t speak german so I donā€™t know there exact words that were said at toy fair but the rough translations said so. Also many credible people have come out and said the theme is done for good such as just2good

So we don't have an official English statement yet then, correct?
I'm sorry, but Jang and just2good aren't the Lego Group.

One of the sites covering the toy fair asked the Lego Reps at the toy fair about Nexo Knights and they said it was done and that the current waves shelve life was cut in half.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

3 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

So we don't have an official English statement yet then, correct?

We do not, but why would you expect an English statement from a Danish company on a German toy fair? It is an official statement, period.

Well its official we will get season 5 for Nexo Knights, the trailer on lego's website is for the show not the game, this information came directly from Tommy Kalmar. So if the theme is ending withing a summer wave at least we will still get one more season of the show!!

8 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Not necessarily...
We've all seen plenty of speculation that one of the things that hurt Nexo Knight sales was the over-crowding in the Lego aisle; They just had too many themes with too many sets all vying with each other for buyers attention.
Perhaps spacing out the releases would help in this matter.

Here's the timeline of how things went for Ninjago:

August 2012: Fourth wave released. TLG community team member Kevin Hinkle announces at BrickFair that Ninjago will be ending in 2013.
November 2012: Season 2 finishes airing on Cartoon Network. Final episode of Season 2 seems to bring the overarching story to a close.
December 2012: In light of the huge uproar over Ninjago ending, LEGO announces that Ninjago will be continuing "through 2013 and beyond" and begins releasing teasers for Season 3
January 2013: Fifth wave ("The Final Battle") released.
January 2014: Sixth wave ("Rebooted") released.
January 2014ā€“November 2014: Season 3 "Rebooted" airs on Cartoon Network in four one-hour blocks spread throughout the year.

Suffice it to say, there's a lot different between how things went for Ninjago and how they've gone for Nexo Knights. The TV season corresponding to what was meant to be the final wave of sets finished airing before those sets came out, and shortly thereafter LEGO announced that the upcoming wave of sets would NOT in fact be the final wave. Whereas today, what's currently planned to be the final wave of Nexo Knights sets is already out, we're still waiting on the announcement of whether there will be TV episodes to go with them, and there has certainly been no announcement of new Nexo Knights sets and story for 2019.

23 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Here's the timeline of how things went for Ninjago:

August 2012: Fourth wave released. TLG community team member Kevin Hinkle announces at BrickFair that Ninjago will be ending in 2013.
November 2012: Season 2 finishes airing on Cartoon Network. Final episode of Season 2 seems to bring the overarching story to a close.
December 2012: In light of the huge uproar over Ninjago ending, LEGO announces that Ninjago will be continuing "through 2013 and beyond" and begins releasing teasers for Season 3
January 2013: Fifth wave ("The Final Battle") released.
January 2014: Sixth wave ("Rebooted") released.
January 2014ā€“November 2014: Season 3 "Rebooted" airs on Cartoon Network in four one-hour blocks spread throughout the year.

Suffice it to say, there's a lot different between how things went for Ninjago and how they've gone for Nexo Knights. The TV season corresponding to what was meant to be the final wave of sets finished airing before those sets came out, and shortly thereafter LEGO announced that the upcoming wave of sets would NOT in fact be the final wave. Whereas today, what's currently planned to be the final wave of Nexo Knights sets is already out, we're still waiting on the announcement of whether there will be TV episodes to go with them, and there has certainly been no announcement of new Nexo Knights sets and story for 2019.

We are getting a new season of Nexo Knights, it's 100% confirmed by Tommy Kalmar (one of the people who works on the show) And the trailer is also out on lego's websiteĀ 

So here's a question for (traditional) castle fans. The Nexo Knights get transported back in time to the 1400s. The sets look like traditional castle, as do the minifigs, but they are the same characters. Do you buy?

Ā 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

So here's a question for (traditional) castle fans. The Nexo Knights get transported back in time to the 1400s. The sets look like traditional castle, as do the minifigs, but they are the same characters. Do you buy?

Ā 

Dude, that would be the perfect save!Ā *oh2*

"Aside from the Forbidden powers, there were other powers that could be very dangerous to the world. Merlok had worked on a few experimental powers, sealed away in a secure corner of his database. However, the Tech infection messed with his system and all powers got sent to our heroesĀ at random! In the heat of battle, the Time Traveler power was released, which sent the team back in time, to the Middle Ages! Will our heroes manage to find their way back to the age of computer games, crossbow jets and electric toothbrushes? And who is that mysterious wizard who keeps following them? Discover the new range of Nexo Knights sets, in stores now!"

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

"Aside from the Forbidden powers, there were other powers that could be very dangerous to the world. Merlok had worked on a few experimental powers, sealed away in a secure corner of his database. However, the Tech infection messed with his system and all powers got sent to our heroesĀ at random! In the heat of battle, the Time Traveler power was released, which sent the team back in time, to the Middle Ages! Will our heroes manage to find their way back to the age of computer games, crossbow jets and electric toothbrushes? And who is that mysterious wizard who keeps following them? Discover the new range of Nexo Knights sets, in stores now!"

Ā 

Honestly that would be awesome, and what if when they go back in time they end up in the time frame of Monstrox vs the Wizards Council, Monstrox and Merlok would be human, We could finally get the forest and ocean monsters since they were part of his army back then, Clay could stop his mother from turning evil, and we could finally know WAY more of the wizards council. Plus classic castle style sets without Nexo Knights having to end.Ā 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Go earlier than the 1400s by 500 - 1000 years to medieval times and yes, I buy. Ā I buy a lot.

IĀ hope the villain designs would beĀ better, though. Ā Year 1 had the best designs, but I still didn't like many named characters. Ash Attacker, Flama, and Moltor were the best, and only the Stone Stomper appealed to me from Year 2.

Take color cues from Kingdoms, Fantasy Era, and Tolkien themes as well. Cut down on bright colors and odd combinations.

Also, cut down on vehicles and siege engines, even from the normal Castle theme.

But yes, I buy.

1 hour ago, Nexogeek said:

Honestly that would be awesome, and what if when they go back in time they end up in the time frame of Monstrox vs the Wizards Council, Monstrox and Merlok would be human, We could finally get the forest and ocean monsters since they were part of his army back then, Clay could stop his mother from turning evil, and we could finally know WAY more of the wizards council. Plus classic castle style sets without Nexo Knights having to end.Ā 

This is precisely what I was getting at!Ā :thumbup:Ā 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Ā 

I'd totally buy it. It would be a great way to wrap the theme up and make everything come full circle. If they had done the Lava Monsters in Year 1, Tech Infection in Year 2 and this in Year 3 (with the forest and sea monsters), I think the line would have been perfect.

1 minute ago, Exetrius said:

This is precisely what I was getting at!Ā :thumbup:Ā 

If anyone at Lego is reading this, here is the perfect way to keep classic castle fans happy and save a great theme that has so much potential. Plus the whole time travel idea is a great way to bring it back around to fill in plot gaps plus think how many sweet wizard/witch's we could get out of it at least 7 counting Merlok, Monstrox, and pre-stone Ruina

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

I'd totally buy it. It would be a great way to wrap the theme up and make everything come full circle. If they had done the Lava Monsters in Year 1, Tech Infection in Year 2 and this in Year 3 (with the forest and sea monsters), I think the line would have been perfect.

I agree. If only they hadn't segwayed into the Stone Monsters. (Personally, I actuallyĀ liked the Stonies, but they certainly could have done a bit better.)

Shame it probably won't happen, though . . maybe people with classic Castle stuff (which I unfortunately lack) can MOC something like that?

1 hour ago, Nexogeek said:

If anyone at Lego is reading this, here is the perfect way to keep classic castle fans happy and save a great theme that has so much potential. Plus the whole time travel idea is a great way to bring it back around to fill in plot gaps plus think how many sweet wizard/witch's we could get out of it at least 7 counting Merlok, Monstrox, and pre-stone Ruina

I fail to see how this would work. Don't get me wrongā€”as a story alone, it works fine within the context of what Nexo Knights has established about its backstory and characters. But as a toyline, it essentially takes the "Nexo" out of Nexo Knights. It's so thoroughly at odds with Nexo Knights' core brand identity that I would be seriously surprised if it caught on with most of Nexo Knights' existing fanbase. People who bought into the theme solely for its characters and story might take an interest. But it'd offer very little appeal to people who were first drawn in by unique sets like the Fortrex that caught their eye. The latter group is most likely much, much larger than the former, and probably tends to buy more of the actual sets than them as well.

It just doesn't make sense from a branding perspective to try to turn Nexo Knights as a theme into something it isn't, as opposed to just creating a new Castle theme that can exist as its own entity from square one.