Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

21 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

t I don't like at all slopes as lower pieces. It's kind of cheap, minifigures are taller... I really can't understand why TLG hasn't produced a proper skirt piece.

Me neither, however since this fig is representing a statue it gets away with that slope piece for some reason. 

I voted Lady Liberty and the Faun. I love his legs

How is Lady Liberty winning over the chef? She comes with a pie guys! And a whisk! A Lego whisk!

Hard choice between Faun and Tiki Warrior... ended up going with the one I actually have.  I would be satisfied if the faun won the whole competition!

7 minutes ago, JGuy said:

How is Lady Liberty winning over the chef? She comes with a pie guys! And a whisk! A Lego whisk!

For me, it is because there are already enough chef minifigures, and the torso is not that different to the existing one and this one comes with legs that are difficult to use with other figures. I'm not a fan of the head or combined hat/hair, I prefer the original chef hat.  The pie is OK, but I prefer the previous versions without the printed strawberries. The whisk is OK, but I can do without.

Whereas Lady Liberty is fairly unique, much better than many plain statues. It can be used in both modern and ancient MOCs. And of course, loved by many Americans!

18 minutes ago, JGuy said:

How could she not??? Lady Liberty comes in an unusual sand green color, has detailed printing, a unique crown piece, and even accurate accessories. The chef is not a new idea. Just an updated and improved chef. :wink:

I'm sad to see the Tiki Warrior go. Also a little disappointed that the deadline has been extended. We already have 63 votes. :look:

Edited by BrickHat

3 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I'm sad to see the Tiki Warrior go. Also a little disappointed that the deadline has been extended. We already have 63 votes. :look:

I'm a little sad too. But then I think this is the first game where I didn't mind too much which of a pair went through because both the Tiki and Faun are great figures.

In the past rounds, I've often not cared which one of two wins because they are as bad as each other. So at least there is a nice change.

I also agree, we don't need to wait longer, the Chef and Tiki have gone.

Can we move on now, 68 have voted.

Hazmat and Frightening Knight, easily. I'm sad to see the Roman commander go, but he's the lesser of the romans anyway. 

5 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Voted Hazmat and Frightening Knight. Unless the Hazmat can beat the Roman, historic minifigs will be over represented on the quarter finals at 50%... :wacko:

I disagree. Elf and Faun are fantasy figures. Until now we have 0 historical minifigures for the quarter finals. I expected more love towards this kind...

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I disagree. Elf and Faun are fantasy figures. Until now we have 0 historical minifigures for the quarter finals. I expected more love towards this kind...

Fair enough. Historic/fantasy. Well, I expected more love towards the sci-fi figs and the suited minifigs. I thought the Hot Dog man would be one of the final contenders, and never expected the Satyr or bagpiper to come this far.

I don't get the love for the Frightening Knight over the King. There are tons of knight minifigs, but that king is unique, with lots of useful pieces.

5 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

I don't get the love for the Frightening Knight over the King. There are tons of knight minifigs, but that king is unique, with lots of useful pieces.

There are also plenty of kings too, just like there are plenty of different knights. This king is reasonably similar to NK King Halbert. Although of course this knight is also unique, just like the king is.

The Frightening Knight has got more useful parts for making multiple minifigures than the king for me. The Kings hair/crown is nice for one character, his beard is superb, his clothes are not so good unless you want dressy uniformed soldiers (like the Swiss Guards for the pope). Whereas the frightening knight's torso and legs make really good generic knights clothes, from classic castle to LOTR. Plus a good weapon and shield.

This one was tough. As far as Frightening Knight Vs. King, it came down to this:

King is important, with a game changing hair/crown piece and a nice unique cape. But that's it. The Frightening Knight by contrast, has truly incredible printing and a great application of the new shield. Couple that with army building potential, and I had to go with the knight. I didn't feel good about it, but I had to go with my heart.

I like all 4 figures, but I have to vote for those I use more when building, so knight and roman this time.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

This king is reasonably similar to NK King Halbert.

King Halbert looks similar to the Classic King. 

S13 came first

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

It was a toss up for me.  They both are great figures, but after considering useful parts I found the Knight to have more.  The King has a great new crown/hair piece and a new cape piece.  The printing is unique but nothing that special in my opinion.  Head and beard are useful but nothing especially unique.  The gold sword is pretty boring.  Some sort of unique staff or scepter would have been much cooler.

With the Knight, he admittedly has the now standard "bucket" helmet, and lacks a breast plate.  However, his body and leg printing are pretty unique for a knight figure.  His face is unique and could be used as some sort of ogre.  He comes with a brand new insignia on the newer shield piece, and best of all, he is the first medieval figure to have an accurate mace!  He also has shoulder armor, which is unique for fantasy/medieval knights.

So for me, the Knight had more positives going for him than the King, and that's who I voted for.

For the other matchup, even though I love historical and fantasy figures, the Roman is not my favorite, and I think the Hazmat Guy is much more of a unique figure.  He's just excellent.  Surprised he's losing right now but it's pretty close... hopefully he pulls through!

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

King Halbert looks similar to the Classic King. 

S13 came first

Yeah but then there are comparisons of the elf to Legolas and other Hobbit elves. If first matters, S1 zombie would probably still be in.