Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

Just now, makoy said:

We've seen votes over 50 in total. If all those remaining 20 people voted for either Battle Dwarf or Barbarian only, any of them can still win, statistically speaking.

Also, it's the weekend. Give the poll master a little rest. :laugh:

Urging was only a joke, of course everyone has to be given a chance to cast their votes.

9 minutes ago, Yooha said:

Urging was only a joke, of course everyone has to be given a chance to cast their votes.

That's why I have this guy at the end of my comment --> :laugh:

Joking aside, I have not seen any 2nd placer take over a lead like that.

How unfair! The Battle Dwarf and the Barbarian in the same vote! :wink: It became the Barbarian for me in the end. One of my all-time favourites :classic:

1 hour ago, DarrellBricker said:

Battle Dwarf - love that little guy! Aztec Warrior is an amazing figure, though, so I completely understand why it has the lead.

I agree, the battle dwarf is the best one on the list, but it looks like the Aztec warrior is going to win.

Poor Kramer lol

I'll cut one of my fingers if a DFB minifigures ever wins a round

34 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Poor Kramer lol

The only way this can happen imho is having random.org giving all six entries from the dfb.

AZTEC WARRIOR WINS.

Next round will happen in 6 hrs

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Poor Kramer lol

Heh, I should have one of those fellas in today's mail. I just think they're too limited and plain to overcome all but the weakest of regular CMFs.

7 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I went with the Highlander, with Rocket Boy a close second.

Just opposite to me then :wink:

The highlander is pretty cool but the rocket boy has that tad more charme and uniqueness. :classic:

Highlander for me, though I do wish his hairpiece was different, or he came with a helmet. Rocket Boy would be my second choice.

I'm surprised the highlander is winning. It is one of my least favorite CMFs. Maybe because it's very removed from my culture, I guess.

For me, it was a tough one between the Rocket Suit Boy, the Shark Suit Guy, and Ariel. I ultimately voted for Ariel; I love her hairpiece and I think she's the perfect representation of the character in Lego form. She's one of my favorite all-time minifigs, I'd say!

Edited by BrickHat

Also, a couple of interesting observations:

1. Out of all the numbered series, each series has had at least a figure qualify already, except for series 1, 4, and 5. Things look most dire for Series 1, with only the Cheerleader, Nurse, and Cowbow still in the game. Series 4 and 5 still have a decent chance with 9/16 of their respective figures still in the game.

2. No series is completely undefeated. Series 6, 11, and 17 have the highest success rates (2/3), but not many of their figures have played yet, so this is likely to change soon (plus 6 and 17 are currently playing against each other). In terms of number of wins, the most successful series has been 7, with 3 impressive wins in 5 groups. Only series 6, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, and 17 have had 2 wins.

3. None of the special or licensed series has won a group. Series GB is very close to being eliminated for good. Only 2 of its figures are yet to be eliminated.

It'll be interesting to see which series, if any, is the first to be eliminated completely in round 1. I think it'll be either Series 1 or Team GB (but of course that also depends on the random drawings). I think that, in general, the special/licensed series have really bad chances, with Disney and TLBM being the strongest contenders. However, I don't expect the overall winner of the game to come from one of the special series.

Edited by BrickHat

4 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Also, a couple of interesting observations:

1. Out of all the numbered series, each series has had at least a figure qualify already, except for series 1, 4, and 5. Things look most dire for Series 1, with only the Cheerleader, Nurse, and Cowbow still in the game. Series 4 and 5 still have a decent chance with 9/16 of their respective figures still in the game.

2. No series is completely undefeated. Series 6, 11, and 17 have the highest success rates (2/3), but not many of their figures have played yet, so this is likely to change soon (plus 6 and 17 are currently playing against each other). In terms of number of wins, the most successful series has been 7, with 3 impressive wins in 5 groups. Only series 6, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, and 17 have had 2 wins.

3. None of the special or licensed series has won a group. Series GB is very close to being eliminated for good. Only 2 of its figures are yet to be eliminated.

It'll be interesting to see which series, if any, is the first to be eliminated completely in round 1. I think it'll be either Series 1 or Team GB (but of course that also depends on the random drawings). I think that, in general, the special/licensed series have really bad chances, with Disney and TLBM being the strongest contenders. However, I don't expect the overall winner of the game to come from one of the special series.

+1 on ALL that you have said.

Thanks for this post @BrickHat

16 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

No problem! I do like numbers. :tongue: Thank you for organizing the game!

It's a nice forum with nice people.
It deserves a nice game.

Rocket Boy isn't even the best suited figure in this bracket, so he's out. I own an Ariel, but she's nothing special. Karate Master, eh, same goes for Die Mannschaft figure. That leaves Highlander and the Shark Suit. Gotta chew on this one.