Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

10 hours ago, koalayummies said:

So after the furry fest clears out the cops get together and throw their own party. Someone is looking sorta old. Sorta real old. :tongue:

"I'm getting too old for this!"

On 4/12/2018 at 1:21 PM, fordtruckin said:

The one I found was on the left side near the middle. If you get a sealed box and other people are looking to grab some just pull out the whole left side and feel each til you find it. The employee at Target brought up a new box for me to look through on an unused checkout lane. After I finished grabbing what I wanted she hung the rest up in a few checkout lanes.

Lucky. All of my closest Targets and Walmarts seem to have gotten just one box, so no sealed ones at the back. And I've been tasked with getting a cop for someone, so this is being a struggle!

I got my hands on a set of these! My first trip to the local Walmart got me all the figures except for the policeman... Two or three boxes worth in a hanging basket in the LEGO aisle, and I felt every packet. But I returned two days later and found him! They must have put in another full box. I'm glad it didn't take too long. I'm content with just one Policeman for my collection... If chase figures are absolutely necessary, then one-per-box makes way more sense compared the Mr. Gold from six (!!!) years ago.

Now for this series as a whole, I like a lot more than when the theme was first revealed last year. Getting past the fact that nearly all of these are costumes, they did a great job providing us with variety... My top five are probably Dragon Suit Guy, Elephant Costume Girl, Unicorn Guy, Spider Suit Guy, and Cactus Girl! And we get a lot of double faces with dynamic expressions, as already evidenced in this thread.

Single elements that I appreciate: The Unicorn Guy's shield, the mouse, the balloon animals, the printed 1x1 tile of a minifigure packet (minifigure-ception!) and the new color of fish. The mouse in particular is so well made, it's my favorite animal now!

Edited by telaruhn

My mum wanted a couple of these Minifigures, the two brick suits in fact, so I went and bought them. The second was the red brick suit and had black plastic marbled in!! No where near as crazy the images you will see on the internet but this is the second time my mum has had a marbled brick in a set, I've bought way more Lego and never got one myself :laugh: I'll get a picture uploaded at some point, it's kinda unnoticeable until you take the head and hair off and start looking at it. It's noticeable kinda from the back.

Anyone else received one of these blessings?

My mum won't trade it me under any circumstances :cry_sad:

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote pictures, especially memes.

10 hours ago, J4ck said:

My mum won't trade it me under any circumstances :cry_sad:

Do you have a key to her house?

:wink:

36 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Does that mean we’ll see a brick suit torso in black at some point? *huh*

One can only hope so.

I finally got my hand on this series and I must say it is better than I thought! It do not have any figs like farmer, knight, indian, plumber etc that I really want and only one new animal (I thought it was to big). Turned out that it did not have any figs that I really do not need like the normal series always have, so I ended up keeping the hole series for the first time. Also kept all 3 elephant girls because the mouse was much better than I initially thought, and planning on getting 7 more :tongue:

So all in all a great series, but hope that series 19 is a normal series again :wink:

On 28 April 2018 at 6:53 AM, julesvincent said:

Just show us some pics :)

It'll be either today or tomorrow :wink:

15 hours ago, x105Black said:

Do you have a key to her house?

:wink:

Yes :grin:

7 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I doubt it, the way the factory machines work is the employee wipes the nozzle where the molten plastic comes out but even after this marbled bricks still get created, they chuck all the obvious ones away but there are some pieces as I've learnt that have a small marbled effect and still get through into the sets. As well as changing colours on these machines they change the moulds so for all we know there could've been black 2x4s being made on the machine prior to the brick suits.

45 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

So all in all a great series, but hope that series 19 is a normal series again :wink:

Yeah it is a great series but I also miss the variety as well. Still some good Minifigures though.

Edited by J4ck

Yesterday I saw multiple boxes displayed in a local toy store. I was tempted to feel the bags, but I won't be buying one of them. While I think the printed faces look among the best, I'm not pleased by the costume theme, I only really like the cute Elephant Girl.

It don't think the last waves sell well over here, as the boxes always seem full and I see little interest in them. The price of the blinded bags don't really invite anymore for an impulse purchase.

TLG really needs to do something about that price of the CMF because this is really getting out of hand

The series keep getting bigger and bigger, but I'm not quite sure that's the solution

47 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

TLG really needs to do something about that price of the CMF because this is really getting out of hand

The series keep getting bigger and bigger, but I'm not quite sure that's the solution

I think they are reasonable priced at least in the UK. Please remind me, what are the American Prices?

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I think they are reasonable priced at least in the UK. Please remind me, what are the American Prices?

$3.99 which equates to £2.90 so 9 pence difference fro the UK price of £2.99. 

This is the closest priced set between the States and the Kingdom that I've noticed, it would be nice if we brits could regularly get lego as cheap as they do in the US but alas tis but a dream.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:00 PM, Blondie-Wan said:

I think the brick torsos will be used at some point for this guys in promotional sets or such

image.jpeg.c19f19b2bb0f8d126d8c4e92165b85a4.jpegImage result for legoland mascotImage result for legoland mascot 

So, I expect them to appear in new colors soon.

19 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

This is the closest priced set between the States and the Kingdom that I've noticed, it would be nice if we brits could regularly get lego as cheap as they do in the US but alas tis but a dream.

Aha! I used to think the same here but American prices don't include tax!

So £3.26 for a Minifigure in America? (12% tax*) that's not bad!

£3 for a Minifigure, which by the way have improved tremendously since the first series! Back printing, leg printing, dual-moulded legs, at least 10 new pieces every series, decent packaging, dual-moulded arms etc.

*tax prices vary state to state

22 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yes, once tax is included, CMFs are a bit cheaper in the UK. £3 seems a lot, but they sell at that price. I don't know if it is mainly collectors or kids, or a combination. But they do sell. Then there are the left overs that get reduced. They could of course drop the price, but I doubt that would actually lead to that many more sales.

Personally, I have only bought one from the whole series 18. And it is the one I like the least - the policeman. But I saw a new box being opened and for £3, he is worth getting if only to sell on to someone that cannot find him.