Sign in to follow this  
Ivanhoe

Apple

1_rv2.jpg

3_rv2.jpg

2_rv2.jpg

I wanted to make a decent looking deciduous tree. I've got some ideas for improvements in the future, but currently lack the parts. Anyway, comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Wow, that's gorgeous! *wub* When you are ready to take it apart, do you think you could take a picture of the tree without all the leaf pieces on it?

Awesome tree! I've never seen one like this before, so detailed, it's fantastic! Great job!

~Peace

Wow, that is beautifully made, give yourself a pat on the back for this one! *y*

I love the way its made, very realistic, how long did it take you?

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

To echo the not very original sentiment, great tree! *y*

On top of that, the scene has a 'feel' to it. Here's the simple soldier, about to enjoy his daily serving of fruit, a natural occurance in a natural setting, and he's about to be pounced upon by the most unnatural of foes. Contrast. Tension. I like that.

He should almost have the Joe Vig face. ;-)

A very impressive tree, Ivanhoe *y* *wub* *y*

I really like your vig.

Keep up the good work!

LuxorV

WOW, what a great and unique way to build a tree! Very original, and it looks just fantastic in that fun scene! Big thumbs up from me *y*

Thanks everyone for the kind words! In all honesty the hardest part of the tree to make was the trunk, but it's pretty hard to see in the pictures. I worked it out over a couple nights of tinkering, and was pretty pleased with the end result.

As for the grey pieces, I agree completly. I was getting close to finishing and ran out of brown so had to do with the grey. >:-(

I'll try to take some pictures with the leaves off tonight.

Ivanhoe

Probably one of the best trees I have ever seen! *y*

And besides, yummie, Apple, I love apples.... *wub*

Agreed. That's one fine looking apple tree.

KimT

Good work. It could use a few more leaves, I think, but it still looks good. I'd like to see an orchard of those.

Steve

I wanted to make a decent looking deciduous tree. I've got some ideas for improvements in the future, but currently lack the parts. Anyway, comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

That looks great! I never thought about the overwhelming number of coniferous tress in LEGO, but I'm glad you did.

As requested, here are some pictures with the leaves off.

1_r3.jpg

2_r3.jpg

3_r3.jpg

4_r3.jpg

Nothing too tuff to make. The trunk is based around a long technic piece piece and has 6 sides. My only word of advice is not too get too frustrated trying to attach all the leaves... :-|

Yes, I did. This is actually my first creation since returning to Lego. I loved Lego as a kid and now I'm finding the fun doesn't stop when you get older.

Very, very nice. I've seen one like it before but you achieve the same effect with a simpler brick structure. Thanks so much for sharing!

God Bless,

Nathan

A very inventive and ingenious way to make a superb looking tree.

Nice work, and thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the cutaway pics.

Ingenious method of building the structure of the tree! I never would have thought of that! Those click hinges work well, and the trunk is awesome. Fantastic! *y*

~Peace