Oh, so the story repeats for another #3 connector :sceptic: At least I got decent amount of them.

Wow: amazing MOC ! :thumbup:

Immediately ordered the missing parts and looking forward to start the build after receiving all parts.

(Although I have to admit I feel a little sorry for disassembling my build of @Didumos69 excellent "Ultimately playable" version of the Porsche... :cry_sad:)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think someone from Germany may be selling your free instructions on Ebay. They are using your stock pictures. :sceptic:

Here is the LINK

Edited by Meatman

9 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think someone from Germany may be selling your free instructions on Ebay. They are using your stock pictures. :sceptic:

Here is the LINK

The seller offers the built model, but considering that he sells copycat Porsche as well, it is questionable if all the parts are geniune LEGO.

Also interesting that he advertises the time of collecting and building as part of the deal and to be evaulated... :classic: + cost of building instructions (for free ones as well).

6 minutes ago, agrof said:

The seller offers the built model, but considering that he sells copycat Porsche as well, it is questionable if all the parts are geniune LEGO.

Also interesting that he advertises the time of collecting and building as part of the deal and to be evaulated... :classic: + cost of building instructions (for free ones as well).

Oh ok. I seen the 1 euro and assumed he was selling the instructions.

I believe there's a slight error page 25, step 1, if the 1l connector is inserted the way it is, it will interfere with the blue pins when assembling the sub assembly to the main build.

Just received the last of my ordered missing parts for this MOC; of course these were the infamous Connector #3 parts... :grin:

Supply on Bricklink is still quite low and scattered (a lot of sellers have only 1 or 2 available). Luckily I was able to get my hands on some from a German eBay supplier :sweet:

Looking forward to begin the build (after having disassembled the Porsche)

1 hour ago, charlesw said:

I believe there's a slight error page 25, step 1, if the 1l connector is inserted the way it is, it will interfere with the blue pins when assembling the sub assembly to the main build.

You're right.. I am surprised no one has mentioned this before.. Instead of a black pin holding that 1 x 1 round connector in place, it should be a 3L dark blue gray axle pin so that the axle end of it fits into the bush end of the 3L black pin on the following page.. We added these parts( 1 x 1 round connector and black pin) at the very end(not even on my original build) because I was concerned that people may place the differentials incorrectly and then when they finished the model, nothing would be turning..

I am very surprised that no one has mentioned this before considering I have seen pictures of numerous completed models..

Edited by Paul Boratko

2 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

I am very surprised that no one has mentioned this before considering I have seen pictures of numerous completed models.

I didn't notice this on my model because on the Technic Facebook Page you said that the round pieces and pins were not really needed, so I didn't use them in the front or the back.:grin:

Edited by Meatman

I've nearly completed the chassis. So far, I found the build very enjoyable, and the shifting mechanism is clearly one (or many more) steps above 42056 gearbox.

Brendan Low managed to build the model in white using some help from a Decool Porsche set..

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

this is a terrific car with great lines. It sure looks great and I had a lot of fun making it. Perfect!! Thanks for making instructions available!!

While I agree the white looks good....I think it would start us down a bad path to celebrate models with non-authentic lego parts.  I'm certainly not trying to hijack this topic (have already collected to build the scorpion) but its a slippery slope and I know I don't want to start receiving decool or lepin parts in my next bricklink order.  How long will it be before some bricklink seller lists white panels as "rare/htf" only to find out they aren't even lego.   Just imagine if this white one is sold on ebay, the next guy tears it apart and never knew that there were some non-lego parts on the model.   Mind you, I've never seen these fake legos to know if I would instantly know like how mega bloks just feel different but I'm not liking where this is going.  

Its like bedbugs, once you have them and they mix with your stuff it will be a tedious process to rid yourself of them completely.

2 hours ago, nychase said:

While I agree the white looks good....I think it would start us down a bad path to celebrate models with non-authentic lego parts.  I'm certainly not trying to hijack this topic (have already collected to build the scorpion) but its a slippery slope and I know I don't want to start receiving decool or lepin parts in my next bricklink order.  How long will it be before some bricklink seller lists white panels as "rare/htf" only to find out they aren't even lego.   Just imagine if this white one is sold on ebay, the next guy tears it apart and never knew that there were some non-lego parts on the model.   Mind you, I've never seen these fake legos to know if I would instantly know like how mega bloks just feel different but I'm not liking where this is going.  

Its like bedbugs, once you have them and they mix with your stuff it will be a tedious process to rid yourself of them completely.

I am not throwing a party for the guy that built it, I just thought that it was interesting to see in white.. To be honest if it were not for all of the threads here with people using 3rd party parts in their models including non Lego tires, motors, stickers, and 3D printed parts, I would have never posted these pics in this thread..

I completely agree with you with not wanting to get non Lego parts mixed into my inventory as I only use Lego and no 3rd party stuff, but this is something that people are just going to have to look out for now since these knock off Lego sets are getting so popular..

Since you called me out on this subject, let me ask you a question.. Have you ever "Celebrated" a model that you've built that used a non-authentic Lego part..?

Edited by Paul Boratko

16 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

800x600.jpg

Very nice color scheme, I like it way more than the orange :thumbup::thumbup:! My son immediately said "cool!" when he saw this picture.

Concerning third party discussion - TLC could do something about the copycats and simply make available the parts in more colors very soon. Many people would close both eyes and buy these panels at BL or whatever in white or red, since their quality seems to be equal. And this would be a neutral AFOL standpoint IMHO without "celebrating" anything.

It is the first time I see these shameless copies of Lego sets. Quite shocking! I have no issue with sets that make use of a few non-Lego parts that do not (yet) exist such as RC tyres or 3D printed wheels, but out of principle I would never use parts from illegal Lego copies.

Lego could consider offering certain parts in multiple colour combinations independently from their use in sets. Like this we would be able to order the parts officially and build our own black, yellow, red, blue etc. Porsche or Scorpion cars.

I had already seen this white version on Facebook and it is simply amazing looking. I was contemplating picking up one of those Decool sets for the panels and build my own version in white or possibly just paint the required panels that I already own from my official Porsche set. I too am not a big fan of these imitation Lego sets, so I can definitely see where nychase is coming from, but Paul also makes a very good point about the numerous threads that are permitted here of models using 3rd party materials to make them either look how they do or perform the way that they do. I've seen quite a few mocs here get high praise even though they were not using 100% Lego parts. It is a bit hypocritical to say one non Lego element is acceptable over another non Lego element. I have also noticed that it is not unusual for the front page of this very website to advertise aftermarket minifig accessories along with custom printed figures that can be purchased from online stores. I guess rules can be bent when it is something that suits your own needs. :sceptic:

Edited by Meatman

I will not buy knock off parts from the copycat companies ever!!!! I will buy 3D printed parts, just because TLG womn't make some parts or uses not fitting parts in some set, buckets that are out off place on excavators for instance...

33 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I've seen quite a few mocs here get high praise even though they were not using 100% Lego parts. It is a bit hypocritical to say one non Lego element is acceptable over another non Lego element. I have also noticed that it is not unusual for the front page of this very website to advertise aftermarket minifig accessories along with custom printed figures that can be purchased from online stores. I guess rules can be bent when it is something that suits your own needs. :sceptic:

There's a little bit of tarring with the same brush going on here.

I can't speak for any other sub-forum or Lego line, but for Technic I think there is an appreciable distinction between 3rd party pieces that aim to do things that current pieces either cannot do or struggle significantly (e.g. SBrick/BuWizz, Efferman's printed parts) and knockoff sets that are primarily made to cash in on whatever Lego has already done.

As for the white Scorpion, it looks really nice. It's never going to be something I try unless Lego make those panels in white, but I have no issue with it being shown here and I won't criticize anyone who decides to try it themselves. Your money, your rules.

3 hours ago, Meatman said:

I had already seen this white version on Facebook and it is simply amazing looking. I was contemplating picking up one of those Decool sets for the panels and build my own version in white or possibly just paint the required panels that I already own from my official Porsche set. I too am not a big fan of these imitation Lego sets, so I can definitely see where nychase is coming from, but Paul also makes a very good point about the numerous threads that are permitted here of models using 3rd party materials to make them either look how they do or perform the way that they do. I've seen quite a few mocs here get high praise even though they were not using 100% Lego parts. It is a bit hypocritical to say one non Lego element is acceptable over another non Lego element. I have also noticed that it is not unusual for the front page of this very website to advertise aftermarket minifig accessories along with custom printed figures that can be purchased from online stores. I guess rules can be bent when it is something that suits your own needs. 

I think there is a clear moral difference between supporting 3rd party vendors who make LEGO compatible parts and supporting companies who make illegal duplicates of actual LEGO sets.  Although I'd like to build the model with these white parts as well, I won't give any money to such a company.

No doubt the white model looks awesome though.