Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Dang the gladiator and elf girl have really detailed arm printing, that's really good. I also really like the Vet, she's adorable. Rocket boy's torso will make any classic space lover happy! This series is surprisingly detailed, that's what I love about it. I have a strong feeling that the highwayman will be spoiled any day now.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*CMF 17 Pamphlet was here*

Gonna print that out, just in case I run into these in the wild before the first.

Do you think they are going to release a second version of the pamphlet with the picture of the Highwayman included? Maybe in a second production run? 

Because I would like to have a "complete" brochure. The Highwayman being a silhouette kinda ruins it for me

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Do you think they are going to release a second version of the pamphlet with the picture of the Highwayman included? Maybe in a second production run? 

Because I would like to have a "complete" brochure. The Highwayman being a silhouette kinda ruins it for me

I'm afraid he's going to be blacked out on every promotional item...

Wow! Great to see more pictures of the figures. So many awesome printed/dual-molded arms. I love the hairpiece, dress, and shield with the Elf Girl. The Sausage Man also looks excellent and like he's ready to sell hot dogs with the Hot Dog Guy!

Shame how we only get three rocket boy's per box as it may take a bit of time to sought through, but at least the packet will have a fairly large bulge making it easy to identify. Also that grey space torso!!!!!! 

Maybe Lego is testing a mystery mini figure and might do a whole mystery series! If the figs are quality I would like that 

5 minutes ago, JGuy said:

Maybe Lego is testing a mystery mini figure and might do a whole mystery series! If the figs are quality I would like that 

Now, you're just giving them ideas that they'll love. Let's not encourage that to ever happen.

16 minutes ago, JGuy said:

shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

:laugh:

27 minutes ago, JGuy said:

I don't know if I like that or not...

40 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Now, you're just giving them ideas that they'll love. Let's not encourage that to ever happen.

*shrug* :laugh:

I mean it would make it a lot more interesting to say the least

I can only imagine Just2Good doing a live opening of these prerelease:
"Alright, next bag, this is a random one, so..." *Opens bag, tricorne and cape fall out* "OH CRA-" *cut to next bag as if nothing happened*

LEGO is trying to keep us guessing for as long as they can :wacko: but Wow, All of the details in the minorities are cool. The detail of the dance instructors hair piece is great. And now Elf Girl is my favorite.

Well the thing is, if they want to keep him a mystery, why have him be one of the most common minfigures to get? I wish he'd be more desirable, it should be a special moment when you get him, but if he's a common minifigure to get... 

I trust in TLG, they know what they are doing. I'm sure it'll all make sense in the end.

2 hours ago, JGuy said:

No. Just no. 

This series is surprisingly better then prelims made it seem there is lots of great stuff.

Edited by Forresto

All the little details are indeed making this a series to remember. I am even warming up more and more to the Dance Instructor's hair, which at first I thought was a little too extreme for my tastes. Looking forward to getting these in my hands!

Slightly off-centred printing seems to be the norm these days.

20 hours ago, Exetrius said:

This. OMG.

I love the idea of the grey space torso.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Is the shield misprinted?

It's a little off-centered.  But the colors seem to be off, too.  It doesn't seem to match her outfit colors.

On 4/4/2017 at 6:48 PM, JGuy said:

Don't give them ideas. That would suck.

Individual CGIs

This series seems to have an upgrade for the arm printing in terms of both amount and complexity

lego-cmf17-figure1.jpglego-cmf17-figure2.jpglego-cmf17-figure3.jpglego-cmf17-figure4.jpglego-cmf17-figure5.jpglego-cmf17-figure6.jpglego-cmf17-figure7.jpglego-cmf17-figure8.jpglego-cmf17-figure9.jpglego-cmf17-figure10.jpglego-cmf17-figure11.jpglego-cmf17-figure12.jpglego-cmf17-figure13.jpglego-cmf17-figure14.jpglego-cmf17-figure15.jpg

On 05/04/2017 at 10:01 AM, x105Black said:

[The shield's printing is] a little off-centered.  But the colors seem to be off, too.  It doesn't seem to match her outfit colors.

In WhiteFang's review, the printing is also off-centre but not in the same direction. It's left/right centred but slightly higher than it should be.

The mismatched colours could be because the torso and slope-dress are a shade of blue while the shield is light bley, and both are distorting the colour of the printing. It could be that LEGO was trying to compensate for that but didn't get it quite right.

27 minutes ago, Capparezza said:

Hmmm, the Maiden looks a bit .... overweighted? :laugh: Something's gone wrong with the scaling...

You're just commenting on her weight because she's female. How sexist!

(I'm joking, of course! :wink:)