Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

3 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

I quite like the figure - it is exactly what I think of when I think of a highwayman, and if I recall, I put a Highwayman on one of my lists for Itaria's guessing game so I am quite pleased. I was fortunate to miss the whole Mr. Gold debacle, so I wasn't put off by the silhouette as much as some. I have seen other blind bag products do the same thing so I took it as Lego aping the other companies rather than try to introduce something special. At any rate, he will make a nice addition to my collection ...

Oh you too did a list for the game? I did it too! :D

20 hours ago, Mattah12 said:

Maybe there's a female variant?

TBB had a box, and the Highwaymen were all the same. Of course, the distribution of the variants could be fewer than 1 per box, but I'm quite sure that what we see here is what we get, and there's not much more to it.

On 10/04/2017 at 6:38 AM, kaiju said:

I'm going to need a few of those Highwaymen, I think.  Plenty of useful parts for my pirates collection.

I'm thinking of getting at least two: one to use as a highwayman and one for the torso and legs. The period attire in sombre colours, with a different head and hair, will make a cool vampire.  

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

I'm thinking of getting at least two: one to use as a highwayman and one for the torso and legs. The period attire in sombre colours, with a different head and hair, will make a cool vampire.  

Slap a pumpkin helmet on him and you have the Headless Horseman.

4 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

That's right. If you look at the Scooby Doo version, it has the same cape stile, but partially printed. Highwayman have a full version of the same cape-type, it is gonna be cool to have.

While I wasn't searching for an image of the mystery character I wasn't exactly avoiding it either--and I happened across it here.

I think the figure is excellent--nothing special in the sense that it is just as impressive as any other in the series. It probably is my #2 or #3 favorite for this series, and one I will definitely try to get multiples of, but probably no more than 3 (which is the most I've ever acquired of any CMF, with both the Frightening Knight and the fantastic Amigos Amigos Amigos Mariachi Serenader :wink:).

Edited by rodiziorobs
For punctuation

On 09/04/2017 at 11:40 PM, Tariq j said:

I think another you have to consider is that kids aren't going to be jumping on Lego News Sites trying to catch up on all the CMF info months before release, unlike us AFOL's. So naturally there's going to be more of an element of surprise when it comes to them.

I like the figure it could make a Me/Ashildr figure from Doctor Who and those legs could go well on Anakin.

Thats a great point, I think kids will love the surprise of finding one, and so will I.

It's a great idea from lego, it generated a lot of interest for weeks after the set was revealed and I can't see what harm has been done. 

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Ooh. That's a great idea! I think I like it more than mine. Consider your idea swiped. :wink:

Highwayman looks pretty good, can't wait to get my hands on a box. 

1 hour ago, DarrellBricker said:

Getting antsy, ready to start finding these guys in the wild.

Same here.

On 11-4-2017 at 4:58 PM, K_Tiger said:

Great idea!

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Great idea!

Thanks. Now I've got to think of what to arm him with. Might order one of the black cutlasses from the Silent Mary set.

These have been seen in the wild in New Zealand. Photo was on Facebook, store apparently had permission to break the street date. Hoping others across the country will follow suit soon.

2 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

These have been seen in the wild in New Zealand. Photo was on Facebook, store apparently had permission to break the street date. Hoping others across the country will follow suit soon.

Yep saw that, from Toy World. My Sister-in-law works at a Warehouse so I've got her keeping an eye out for them :)

The highwayman is pretty much exactly what I expected. However, I am still a bit disappointed. I'll definitely pick one up, maybe two, but the figure has pretty low versatility to be honest. The dark color scheme doesnt make it useful for much other than seedy characters imo, which I dont have much need for.

The highwayman's torso printing is gorgeous isn't it? I will get one, put a friendly face on him and make him a coachman in my winter village. 

1 hour ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

The official reveal is finally up on LEGO's Facebook, btw.

Although they kept themselves from revealing the Highwayman in the pics, someone in the comments posted a picture of the figure, which I found hilarious.