Sign in to follow this  
Zaael

[OL-FB1] The Start of an Adventure

David Beau Lune's background:

David grew up in the Middle Kingdoms. Together with his parents, little brother and two older sisters he lived on a farm. His parents were not from the Middle Kingdoms. They both were born in the Empire of Oleon, hence their Oleonish family name Beau Lune. His parents worked on a farm in Oleon, they didn't have much to come by. Part of the reason was David's father wasn't a believer and people knew and those people did not approve. Because of this his parents often got harassed in the village when they went there for trading. His father even got beaten up once. His parents believed the Order was behind it, but they were not sure. When David's mother got pregnant from his oldest sister his parents decided to move to another land, to live in peace.

After a long journey David's parents found an abandoned farm in the north of the Middle Kingdoms. His father fixed it up with the help of some of the local people. A pregnant woman has its benefits if you are looking for help.

They did not have much, but they were happy. Soon his oldest sister was born, then another sister, then David and then his little brother. David had a fairly normal childhood, even though he had to help on his family's farm at a young age. He learned a lot about working the land and growing crops, taking care of the farm animals and even brewing beer.

One day, at the age of 16, David was was sowing corn seeds, when a coach passed the farm. It was a beautiful white coach with blue and gold accents. The coach stopped before their lawn and the passengers came out. David's father had seen the coach as well and called out to David to go inside, his sisters were running to the house as well and David saw his mother looking through the curtains of the kitchen. She had some kind of fear in her eyes. David, having learned to obey his father at any time, made his way to the house. Just before he entered he looked behind and saw his father talking to the strangers. David moved inside, but suddenly froze... Did he...? He turned around again and looked very careful. Yes, he did. Behind the back wheel of the coach he saw a girl looking at him through the spokes. The girl, about David's age, had long blond hair, was dressed in a blue dress and looked beautiful. She seemed startled he saw her and quickly jumped inside the coach again. David tried to get another glimpse of her as the coach got moving again, but with no luck.

That moment never left David, not only because from that day on they were the Cornage family and Beau Lune was never to be mentioned again, but because of that girl. That girl never left David's head, every day he thought of her. The thought grew bigger and bigger until at one night, two years later, David decided to go look for this girl. He knew his father would not approve so he sneaked out in the middle of the night. At least he tried to. His mother was waiting for him when he came down the stairs, of course his mother knew. After saying goodbye to his mother he went on his way. First stop was the inn in the nearby village. There he found the first clue.

29216828020_19a8a245b9.jpg

As David enters Breshaun he feels like luck is on his side, he feels good and vaguely at home. He finally arrived at the town the girl of his dreams is supposed to live. At least according to an innkeeper in New Oleon. Eager to find her he wanders around the port thinking about where to start his search. "Is this the end of my journey?" he wonders out loud.

28937159964_8e92d2c0be_z.jpg

"Orrr the beginning of an *hic* adventurre?"; a drunkard said. Allthough the guy was clearly the most drunk person David had ever seen, what the man said sparked something in David. Cheerful her replied: "Or the beginning of an adventure indeed, good sir."

28939449173_d3d5ca4c14_z.jpg

The guy didn't even seem to hear or understand him and continued on his not so steady way. David, tired from the journey, decided it was time to get some rest in an inn. Further down the road he saw a soldier standing, he surely must know where to find an inn, David thought.

29453116392_2fcffc10bc_c.jpg

"Excuse me sir, can I ask you something?" The soldier turned around, his serious look turned into a smile in the blink of an eye. The soldier looked like a young lad, younger than David, younger than he had expected. "Ofcourse sir." The soldier said. "I just arrived here in Breshaun and I am looking for a good inn to get some rest, do you know of a good place?" David asked. "Sure, I'll walk with you sir, it is just around the corner from here."

29272537410_3e5b04ca88_n.jpg

"Thank you very much! My name's David by the way, nice to meet you." David extended his hand. The soldier took the shake: "The name's Avery sir, Avery la Jambe-Longue."

---

This is my first build in this time of age. Quite the change from Star Wars and sci-fi, but I'm glad the way it turned out. C&C appreciated! :pir-grin:

Bonus pics:

29529633306_f18e9e19c1_c.jpg

28939450783_18eb007d08_c.jpg

Nice one! Very Oleander-like architecture and colors! I wish you a happy girl-hunting and many great adventures! Oh, and you CLEARLY picked the right side to start with!

Great building. It looks awesome. :thumbup:

I look forward to you future builds. :pir-classic:

Great work for your first build in this style, Zaael! The blue and white on the building look really nice and so does the studded stonework on the corners! And welcome to BoBS!

Welcome to Oleon David! You'll surely get some much needed rest as that is one comfortable looking inn. I wish you the best of luck in your adventures as you search for the girl of your dreams.

Dear Sir, please accept my most humble welcome to BOBS and to our glorios nation of Oleon! I wish you best of luck in here. Although that dosent seem to be much neccessary considering this build. Well done!

Yours truly:

Captain Charles J. Becker

Nice build! I like the roof, especially the top and the peak ends. And good use of Oleon colors.

Nice overall presentation, and I like the story. Looking forward to seeing your adventures to come!

Nice story and lovely little inn - I really like your alternative approach of depicting the adventures of a civilian and will really be looking forward to following your story. The build has some nice texturing, and I really like the white and blue patterns between the windows, as well as your story telling style.

Well done, and welcome to BoBS!

Nice build ! Welcome in BoBS !

I particularly like the blue brick insertions between the two floors.

Me too, I have to put my hand on this green turban...

Good job !

Great work! The colours and textures of the house are lovely (especially the medium blue). I also quite like the minifigs, especially the one in the green turban. Welcome to BoBS!

A very nice build and an excellent way to start your character's journey. The building is very well built, especially the weathered roof and the door.

Thanks a lot for all the positive comments! I am glad you guys like it. pirate_blush.gif

The green turban is from the new CMF series. I like it a lot as well, the trousers that come with the minifig are also very cool, with the typical Arabic shoes. pir_laugh2.gif