Probably, most likely, a stupid question but is this list for 1H2017, or for both 1H and 2H? If the set list does encompass the entire year, sure is a LOT cheaper than this summer's sets.

I would wager my guess, based on Lego's supersizing its sets (42055 comes to mind) and wanting to outdo each summer release, that this list is just 1H2017.

Intrigued by the boat too. I don't think throwing tracked racer would be a snowmobile as we got 42021that was pretty recent !

What do we do with a boat? Float it in a bathtub? Doesn't sound too safe w/ PF, eh?

There are almost zero medium or big cars and heavy duty machinery, so IMO 2H half will bring these.

42029: Customised Pick-Up Truck needs succesor.

I second a replacement for the 42029. Seems that pickup if I recall didn't have much time on the market at all before it was gone from Lego, TRU and the like. Look at the 42030 released about the same time, it is still available...I digress, sorry for getting off the track, but a new pickup w/ true 4x4 would be nice.

Yes indeed hehe. My bad....sort of. You were right Emmi :thumbup:

Anyway....this is not the complete list for 2017 :laugh:

Glad for that, Jim...not that I liked to spend what I did on 2H2016 sets lately, but if that was the whole list for '17, it wouldn't be too appealing...I love the big sets of summer...just maybe a bit less than this summer I hope... :sceptic:

Hmm so all TLG are really doing is putting out special bricks in these sets, I was expecting something a bit more special for 40 years. Guess we will have to wait for second half list then :(

They can catch the audience with small wallets that way, what should boost up the sales
I mean price wise this is not really possible as PF stuff is quite expensive. Unless this is literally just PF/RC stuff with few parts attached around it. But that would look horrible. Edited by zux

I mean price wise this is not really possible as PF stuff is quite expensive. Unless this is literally just PF/RC stuff wish few parts attached around it. But that would look horrible.

I did some math based on volvo loader an euro price.By brickset, they say that PPP is 13,4 cent.I assuming that smaller set has worst PPP ratio, so my calculation is about 500 pieces for this vehicle.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/BricksLEGOHovel/lego-42048-c-model-ripsaw

This model is only C model of artic vehicle, but is the minimum for making tracked vehicle and has around 900 pieces.So i call total BS for this set to be RC...Or this RC mean release candidate...

That research ship sounds interesting.

But it will only be when the hull is fully watertight and it can float.

We already have enough Technic boatsets that can only drive around on the floor.

City has floating ships, and rather large ones too, so now it time for Technic to sail the high seas.

Last year there were 10 days between the 1H and entire list leak ... so let's say we'll see the entire list of the 2017 Technic lineup between August 20-22?

Last year there were 10 days between the 1H and entire list leak ... so let's say we'll see the entire list of the 2017 Technic lineup between August 20-22?

Remember, this is no exact science.

Remember, this is no exact science.

That's why I said August 20-22 ... gives us a little bit of room :laugh:. But hey, I'm not angry if we get to see the entire list leaked earlier.

That's why I said August 20-22 ... gives us a little bit of room :laugh:. But hey, I'm not angry if we get to see the entire list leaked earlier.

I know, but people will start asking where the list is on the 23rd of August and so on.

I'd appreciate it if we see the info when we see it, instead of constantly making posts about it. Let's discuss and speculate about the things we know, not the things that may (or may not) come soon.

Friendly reminder, there were years that we got no info till Nuremberg :tongue: .

Friendly reminder, there were years that we got no info till Nuremberg :tongue: .

Well, I'm sure I'll be busy building 1-2 1H 2017 sets in the meantime (BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Bike + Air Race Jet) ... and we can anticipate at least seeing images of the 1H sets properly soon.

Definately sounds like Stunt bike and truck have to be pull back racers. Definitely interested in the ship. I have visions of a modern take on the old supply ship, but it would be great if it was combinable with container transport.

Here's something I don't get: Why is everybody latching on to a Ripsaw/ Tracked Vehicle for 42065? We seem to have other translation errors, possibly due to the list being put thru google translate, so why do people assume that the translation is good for only that one? I mean, we have "Searching Ship", and "Street Working Cars", and those are pretty obviously wrong, so I think 42065 is more properly RC TRACK Racer. From that standpoint, it would not be that hard to make it, as a small car with just drive and steering. Keep in mind that the cost for Lego to add PF to sets is a lot less than what they sell the PF parts for. I don't think that the 42030 is that good a comparison, given that it has more PF parts than 42065 would ever need. Nor is 9398. I actually did some math, in US dollars, and both sets end up being about 15 cents per part. I think the price will be 90 dollars, not 80, as I think the price with 42064 got switched. Then, I converted the price to cents, multiply by 100, then divided by 15, getting 600 parts. Or, go with 4958, which is not a Technic set, nevertheless has a lot of Technic parts, and PF components. That has 700 parts, and cost 90 dollars on release. Oddly, that set is a lot closer to standard sets in terms of price per part, but that's another discussion entirely. I can name dozens of small RC cars other builders have made, like this one by Artemy Zotov:Link.

It has a mere 450 parts, so I think 42065 is going to be something like this. Or, if you really really, for no real reason want to stick with the idea of it being a Ripsaw style vehicle, Mahjqa built a small tracked chassis that used a mere 291 parts:

MOC-0142.jpg

So, add like 100 parts, and you have a tracked racer, but I don't think that's going to be what we get.

Also, I'm really curious as to why nobody has commented on the fact that we are missing some numbers.

City has floating ships, and rather large ones too, so now it time for Technic to sail the high seas.

after reading this I started out thinking that it kind of defeats the intent of technic. But you'd start needing some very large highly likely to be single use only parts to make a boat hull, and a big moulded part like a hull gets close to being non-technic.

Then again, hell with it - bring it on :)

Thin rubber or silicone seals between beams can make boat that is not terribly big and heavy perfectly "seaworthy" without 1-piece hull. With clever design of the hull and absence of PF (so few drops of water inside would not be an issue), it might work. Technic beams are relatively low density if you count the holes, which would work as hollow spaces inside hull's wall. I built simple floatable boats from System brick several times without 1-piece hull. Sure it gets wet inside, sooner or later, but it floats.

However I doubt Lego would introduce range of seals from alternative material to make Technic vessels "seaworthy".

My guess is that it will be "dry" vessel.

Crawler SUV ... that would be amazing!

Sounds to me like B model of artic tracker.

pTRU1-19393605_alternate3_dt.jpg

Sounds to me like B model of artic tracker.

Hm, no ... I'm almost 100% certain it will have normal tires.

Hm, no ... I'm almost 100% certain it will have normal tires.
Have you seen the pictures?

Have you seen the pictures?

No, read ... I'm almost 100% certain. It's no fact, it's just a guess of mine.