Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

I never thought about it but wow we could get a Rathtar! We have to! Now THAT is exciting!

Rathtar and a Jar-Jar Binks minifigure would go great together!   :laugh:

I would not mind a Cloud City UCS sized set, even if it is a playset.  I need a Lando minifugure.  

On 16.10.2016 at 3:36 AM, bountybossk said:

This can't be right? The Quadjumper? It has no significant role in the film as it appeared for no more than a second. Than they blew it up.

Which minifigs will be included? Rey, Finn, BB-8 & Unkar? Highly uninteresting.

Besides that, I think I can name 10 scenes/ships we need updated instead of this thing.

I thoght about this too. The quadjumper the same as LEGO 75081 T-16 Skyhopper. It appeared as a mini—model and a background.

On 18.10.2016 at 7:22 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Am I the only one grumpy that Vader's figure is no longer rare?

Also, why are ALL the imgur leak links broken?

Vader minifigure can't be rare. Vader have too much appereances in film XD

18 hours ago, lomis said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if you've had the chance to look at the The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens but it looks like the story team mostly focused on scenes and story concepts rather than ships.
In fact, I don't recall any notable ship designs in that book other than the Quad Jumper, Resistance Troop Transporter, First Order Transport, and Han's freighter.

...and of course, there were Tie Fighters and such but those are really rehashed more than original designs.

The only two unused designs I can even find are from here: http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/features/643413-10-scrapped-ideas-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens?fullpage=1#/slide/1

It states that "Rick Carter and his art department were definitely brainstorming new hero ships including J-wings, K-wings and a Tri-winged tie fighter" but that J.J. wanted "throwbacks to the OT ties and X-wings" instead.

So, maybe we'll see some of these other ship designs in Episode VIII...

Yes, I picked up the book as soon as it came out, I love to see these kind of creative processes, and actually a lot of their decisions makes sense. They wanted to play heavily on nostalgia, they had to make viewers comfortable with familiar designs after the much hated prequels. They definitely put more effort into designing the characters, and locations. I like that they didn't introduce 120 new ships just to sell even more toys, but that resulted in a somewhat boring landscape. But reading that book made it obvious, that despite all the hate that goes towards this movie because "it's just a rehash of ANH", a lot of thought went into designing it how it turned out.

It just leaves us, SW-hoarders a bit disappointed, because there's not too much worth collecting :) 

Iomis, There is an in-universe reason why there is a lack of capital ships in The Force Awakens:

Spoiler

The visual dictionary mentions - and I certainly don't recall how it phrased it word for word - that the political climate of the ST time period discouraged any faction, First Order or New Republic to have a fleet of starships because it would lead back to the decades of war and attrition that they had already endured. I get the impression that Kylo Ren's Star Destroyer Finalizer was built in secret for this purpose.

"It is vital we demilitarize our government so that a galactic war cannot happen like this again."―Chancellor Mon Mothma

For more information on the topic, the Star Wars wiki has this brilliant article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act

Having said that, I expect to see a Finalizer eventually. 

The Quadjumper is owned by Uknar Plutt, isn't it? I wonder if he will fit in the cockpit. Who else would be driving it? Could we be getting another Unkar Plutt? There sure are a lot of his concession stands warming the Lego shelves currently.

1 hour ago, darththeling said:

Iomis, There is an in-universe reason why there is a lack of capital ships in The Force Awakens:

Hide contents

The visual dictionary mentions - and I certainly don't recall how it phrased it word for word - that the political climate of the ST time period discouraged any faction, First Order or New Republic to have a fleet of starships because it would lead back to the decades of war and attrition that they had already endured. I get the impression that Kylo Ren's Star Destroyer Finalizer was built in secret for this purpose.

"It is vital we demilitarize our government so that a galactic war cannot happen like this again."―Chancellor Mon Mothma

For more information on the topic, the Star Wars wiki has this brilliant article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act

Having said that, I expect to see a Finalizer eventually. 

The Quadjumper is owned by Uknar Plutt, isn't it? I wonder if he will fit in the cockpit. Who else would be driving it? Could we be getting another Unkar Plutt? There sure are a lot of his concession stands warming the Lego shelves currently.

I think Finalizer will be main ship for the bad guys in Ep 8, so it might appear as wave 1 set for Ep8 in September 2017.

Edited by benderisgreat

I am new here (be gentle),  but recently began collecting Star Wars LEGO sets again. I’m curious what the gaps in the rumored 2017 lineup may end up being, and when all the new sets will be released. Looking at Brickset’s lists for past years, it appears LEGO usually releases Star Wars sets in the US in January, March, June, and September, or every ~3 months. For 2017, there is:

75144: UCS Snowspeeder (from the numbering I gather this was held over from 2016?)
75160 - 75163: Microfighters
75164 - 75167: Battle packs (2 for winter, 2 held  until summer?)
75168 - 75174: Based on the leaked product shots, these appear to all be small-to-mid-sized ($20-$70) sets. The last Y-Wing released was $49, back in 2012, making this $59 or $69 today if the piece count is comparable?

That makes for 13-15 sets so far (4 micro fighters + 2-4 battle packs + 7 small-to-mid sets), not including the first UCS set. Seems like a lot, though half aren't full sets... Is that a typical January wave? Or would some of these come in March or later?

75175 - 75177: I am mostly curious what these 3 might be, and when they might be released... March?  With all the preceding sets being so small, wouldn't one or two of these be bigger sets, on the scale of the Episode 7 Falcon? It seems like an AT-ACT would be released fairly close to Rogue One, especially since it’s been several years since an AT-AT was on shelves. I also wonder if a classic TIE Fighter might be coming, given that shot of it in the first full trailer… but there is already the outgoing UCS TIE Fighter, just-released TIE-Striker, the Vader TIE + A-Wing set, and the Episode 7 TIE Fighter, which seemed to go on markdown almost immediately after it was released (much like the U-Wing). That’s a lot of TIEs...

75178 - 75183 : These are all named, but don’t seem to be that large, unless the Rebel Hanger is really elaborate or includes a ship, or the Quadjumper includes the Nima gate. Would these 6 most likely come out in spring/summer?
75184: Advent Calendar: I assume this usually comes out in the fall... which would suggest it is part of the next block of sets?
75185 -75192: Fall wave? Episode 8 mostly? Would the second UCS set likely be released here, or in the earlier group of 3 unknown sets (75175-77)?

For the winter wave, we have these so far:

- 4 Microfighters

- 2 Battlepacks (Imperials and Rebels)

- 3 Buildable Figures (Chirrut, Baze, and Shoretrooper)

- The Phantom

-Yoda's Starfighter

- Desert Skiff

- Duel on Naboo

- Luke's Landspeeder

- Bunker Battle

- Y-Wing

- Rebel Hanger?

For the Summer Wave, it's rumored that we have:

- 2 Battlepacks

- UCS

- Rathtar/Guavian Set

- Quadjumper

- Vader Transformation Chamber

- Advent Calendar

- 2 Freemaker Adventures sets

- Unknown set nicknamed "Imperial Hovertank"

For Fall:

- Episode 8 sets

Edited by GryffindorResistance

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I am new here (be gentle),  but recently began collecting Star Wars LEGO sets again. I’m curious what the gaps in the rumored 2017 lineup may end up being, and when all the new sets will be released. Looking at Brickset’s lists for past years, it appears LEGO usually releases Star Wars sets in the US in January, March, June, and September, or every ~3 months. For 2017, there is:

75144: UCS Snowspeeder (from the numbering I gather this was held over from 2016?)
75160 - 75163: Microfighters
75164 - 75167: Battle packs (2 for winter, 2 held  until summer?)
75168 - 75174: Based on the leaked product shots, these appear to all be small-to-mid-sized ($20-$70) sets. The last Y-Wing released was $49, back in 2012, making this $59 or $69 today if the piece count is comparable?

That makes for 13-15 sets so far (4 micro fighters + 2-4 battle packs + 7 small-to-mid sets), not including the first UCS set. Seems like a lot, though half aren't full sets... Is that a typical January wave? Or would some of these come in March or later?

75175 - 75177: I am mostly curious what these 3 might be, and when they might be released... March?  With all the preceding sets being so small, wouldn't one or two of these be bigger sets, on the scale of the Episode 7 Falcon? It seems like an AT-ACT would be released fairly close to Rogue One, especially since it’s been several years since an AT-AT was on shelves. I also wonder if a classic TIE Fighter might be coming, given that shot of it in the first full trailer… but there is already the outgoing UCS TIE Fighter, just-released TIE-Striker, the Vader TIE + A-Wing set, and the Episode 7 TIE Fighter, which seemed to go on markdown almost immediately after it was released (much like the U-Wing). That’s a lot of TIEs...

75178 - 75183 : These are all named, but don’t seem to be that large, unless the Rebel Hanger is really elaborate or includes a ship, or the Quadjumper includes the Nima gate. Would these 6 most likely come out in spring/summer?
75184: Advent Calendar: I assume this usually comes out in the fall... which would suggest it is part of the next block of sets?
75185 -75192: Fall wave? Episode 8 mostly? Would the second UCS set likely be released here, or in the earlier group of 3 unknown sets (75175-77)?

March releases aren't standard, that was a one time thing due to production problems. The March sets this year were supposed to release in January, and indeed did everywhere except the US and Australia (although Australia's just because lego arbitrarily delays all sets to us by up to two months, they do that on purpose). The September wave is a new thing, introduced last year, due to a new star war film releasing every november/december. It'll probably stop after the third anthology film, provided Disney stops there.  The second UCS next year will probably come out at the end of september

The Y-wing's price has been confirmed as $60 in the US. The missing sets are probably retailer exclusives, which never leak as early (at all?) They'll be released along side the rest int he January wave.

39 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

So could something as large as an AT-ACT be a retailer exclusive, at $120~$150?

Toys R Us always gets a large exclusive set each year, including an AT-AT back in 2010. Its definitely possible they could be selling an AT-ACT next year but we're not likely to find out anytime soon. Details about the Toys R Us exclusive usually don't come out until much later after the initial Summer wave rumours hit.

Are Toys R Us exclusives only exclusive that to one store in the US and in other countries is sold everywhere Lego is sold normally?

59 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Are Toys R Us exclusives only exclusive that to one store in the US and in other countries is sold everywhere Lego is sold normally?

In my experience, all retailer exclusives will be exclusive to that retailer in all countries where that retailer exists. Since TRU exists pretty much everywhere, TRU exclusives are TRU exclusives pretty much everywhere. Walmart exclusives are only walmart exclusives in the US, since walmart only exists in the US, but they might be exclusive to other stores in other countries, depending on what other stores are available. In general (with the exception of TRU), what's exclusive to where varies from country to country.

Edited by Magmafrost

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

In my experience, all retailer exclusives will be exclusive to that retailer in all countries where that retailer exists. Since TRU exists pretty much everywhere, TRU exclusives are TRU exclusives pretty much everywhere. Walmart exclusives are only walmart exclusives in the US, since walmart only exists in the US, but they might be exclusive to other stores in other countries, depending on what other stores are available. In general (with the exception of TRU), what's exclusive to where varies from country to country.

Well, in Sweden you can find every set at the LBS, they actually don't sell the ones you call TRU exclusives in TRU stores in Sweden, I think that the only place you get those are in the LBS, but if that is rule or it just happen to be the way, I don't know. But the same applies to USCs, really rare you see USC's on the shelf in any other store than the LBS.   

Dont expect the September wave of movie sets to end for a while (ever) Disney is alredy coming up with ides for the next 3-5 years  after ep9

1 hour ago, CDFCustoms said:

Dont expect the September wave of movie sets to end for a while (ever) Disney is alredy coming up with ides for the next 3-5 years  after ep9

It's my current understanding that after episode 8 the release dates of the movies (episode 9 and Han Solo) are currently set for May. I'd guess this will shift the release dates of the sets to give the same run in time. 

Edited by Richpepperell

2 hours ago, CDFCustoms said:

As long as they keep the December release dates, sure :wink: The Han Solo movie however is still slated for a May 2019 release... They may still postpone it like they did with Episode VIII and I hope they do because I like the way it is now with a huge cinematic Star Wars present each December :grin: The involved toy companies probably prefer a yearly December release as well, makes scheduling easier and pretty much guarantees them satisfying X-Mas sales.

Edit: Ninja'd by Richpepperell :oh3:

Edited by Lego-Freak

So, considering we'll likely get a burned Anakin in the Vader Transformation set, how do you think the figure will be done? Will it inaccurately be a full minifigure like the last two times? Or do you think LEGO might design a new specialized piece for his torso? I know that might be a bit gruesome for a minifigure, but it'd be pretty cool and would finally give us an accurate burned Anakin.

With this being a kids toy I think it'll be a printed but full minifigure much in the vein of the last version.

You're probably right, which is a bit silly since the kids buying/being given the set have almost certainly seen him get chopped up in the movie. I know my 11 and 9 year old nephews thought it was "cool" when Obi Wan chopped his arm and legs off and he caught fire! They don't seem particularly sadistic, and as he was at the time a bad guy and had just come from killing kids at the Jedi temple, I think they figured he had it coming.