Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I want the Y-wing. Raddus and moroff are superb plus i never bought an y-wing and i want one. 

Yoda's interceptor looks like a decent and amusing build. This could very well be a kid's favorite; a swooshable ship with Yoda!

Phantom has too many stickers and by the looks of it thrawn has blue eyes?

Where is the desert skiff and lando? They were rumoured as well, right?

Just noticed that U-Wing micro fighter has 4 blank white minifigure heads! They are going to be very useful for building bat suits gallery for new Batman movie. So this set is gold mine of useful pieces !

The phantom looks great! I can't tell if Thrawn has red or blue eyes... Kanan is great. And chopper is the same. 

The duel set is meh. The minifigs are good but not really the set.

yodas interceptor is nice and small. I'll probably get it as I only have TCW yoda versions. I hope this set means we might get some TCW sets once in awhile.

Admiral Raddus is really awesome.

The phantom is the highlight of the wave for sure, blind kanan and thrawn :wub: the rogue one sets have great builds and minifigures. Not the best wave, but there is some good stuff.

21 minutes ago, jedge said:

Still no pics of the OT sets?  Where is the skiff, speeder, and rebel base thing with Lando?

Rebel Hangar  is summer set actually, so no pics any time soon. Skiff is exclusive set so don't expect pics of it until a few days before release date. Landspeeder is strangely missing since it's not exclusive set.

The new Phantom looks phenomenal. I love the design and the figure selection is solid, although I'd rather a S3 Ezra than another Chopper. Excited!

Yes! Pictuuuures!!

A lot of the sets look really great. Won't be buying Yoda's Starfighter, though it does look cute :tongue:

Will definitely purchase at least one Imperial Battlepack. Can never have too many Stormtroopers, and those Deathtroopers are quite nice too.

I think I'll also buy the Duel on Naboo. I desperately need to update my Qui-Gon Jinn and TPM Obi-Wan, and the structure looks pretty good actually.

Not too sure on the Phantom yet.. the figures are definitely terrific, but I'm not too impressed with the vehicle, so...

Battle on Scarif looks really cool in my opinion, but again I'm not sure if I'll end up buying it. 

Since I have absolutely no interest in the Y-Wing (though that Mon Cal and the white creature do look very nice!) and the buildable figures, so that's it for me :innocent2:

Regards,

Mitch

The sets look pretty good as a whole! But that Final Duel set is pretty garbage :grin: What's with the single wall panel in the back? But I'll still pick it up because of the figures. 

I love the new sets! 

The Y-Wing is really amazing! A first day pickup for me. The figures are perfect and I love the little utilities and power fixers that come along with it.

Duel of Fates definitely could've been bigger, but how great is it that we can finally get the Phantom Menace main characters for $25?? 

Battlepacks are really awesome this time around as well.

Edited by GryffindorResistance

I really espected the phantom, it's as cool as the first 

I do'nt know how to express my emotion

Edited by Cap Rex

Finally some finalized pictures :thumbup:

Some interesting notes:

- Judging by the Microfighters, we got a Y-Wing pilot in this year's U-Wing instead of a proper U-Wing pilot (unless the pilots in the movie don't limit themselves to one kind of spaceship).

- The Imperial Trooper Battle should please the people that have been trying to build an army of 2014 Stormies while the Rebel Trooper battle pack provides us with the means of building an army of Wexleys :grin: *cue complaints about the set not including enough Stormies*

- Yoda's Jedi Starfighter includes a TIE windshield instead of the regular Jedi Interceptor one, which is quite fitting IMO.

- I can't remember there being a wall-section in the Duel of the Fates prelim picture, have I missed that or was that a late addition? Either way, it improves the set in my book :thumbup: Also of note: have we seen non-printed versions of the Hulkbuster head piece before? (4x4 dome with handle)

- Thrawn has the Draco hairpiece in dark blue, called it :laugh:

- Love the bunker set, seems to be next year's equivalent to this year's Battle on Takodana set (even down to the name). Too bad it's not its equivalent in terms of minifigs, would have loved to get an exclusive character in it instead of three exclusive variations. Those are great, don't get me wrong, but still...

- The Y-Wing definitely includes the best minifigs in this wave (matched only by the Phantom's selection), especially Moroff whom we've already seen in great detail and Raddus :wub: The Stormie on the other hand is quite unexpected, but I welcome it, can't have enough of those despite the battlepack.

Edited by Lego-Freak

Duel of the Fates looks good. I think they should have included another curved section at the back to make it feel a little more complete. I think like the Carbonite set, it definitely looks like you'll need to buy two or three of these to create something a little more substantial. I do quite like that laser shield mechanism. 

The Phantom looks amazing! The minifigures are great and I like the look of the shuttle.

The battle packs also look great, it's finally good to see we're getting a traditional good guys vs bad guys set which was kind if abanded after the one sided battle packs were brought back in 2014. 

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

You might want to check the previous page.

Yoda's TIE Interceptor Mini Jedi Fighter looks cute... although I won't be picking it up.

Y-Wing is a definite buy... looks great and excellent minifigures.

As long as Thrawn's eyes are red enough then he's about as good as I'd have hoped. The dark blue slick back hair is exactly as he is in Rebels although I'd prefer the Dr Who/Tarkin Hair in black for a EU version.

I like the look of the Scarif set and all of the battlepacks and microfighters are also definite purchases.

Here's hoping the OT sets that were rumoured offer us something nice in the way of new or updated figures even if the builds might be lacklustre.

I'm definitely hoping that's just the image making it look like that whereas they're redder in real life.

Thank you!

Silly me, I should have checked?. They've appeared on the brick fan anyway now but help much appreciated nevertheless.

Yodas Jedi starfighter is a vey good, well designed set yet my favourite of the sets besides the rouge one sets is the duel on Naboo - I love the black coulour scheme and the minifigures of both these sets are great.

I'm not such a fan of the phantom but I do like all 3 buildable figures, esspecially 75524.

Thanks again!

The lego fan.

These look really great, and aside from Duel on Naboo (and even then it's a maybe, I would like Qui-Gonn) I want them all. Definitely going to buy two imperial battle packs as soon as they're out.

Am I the only one hoping for this for Qui Gon's alternate face? 

Qui Gon Death Face

That would be a nice homage to the original game :grin:

So let me see if I'm understanding. There is the Desert Skiff, but that isn't the one with Lando right? 

Also if we could have the front page updated :classic:

15 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I would like that. haha

Is the "dual of the fates" this waves "carbon freezing chamber"? That would be great if it's around $30, since I have none of those figs.

The battle pack pics (just been released) look very good to me.
I desire to build up entire armies of the Empire and the Rebellion and recently
there have been many good battle packs to work on that purpose.

- Samppu

It seems to me that almost every set has just enough for me to buy them xD

The phantom set is great in every way, I really need that in my life :p

Only not a fan of the Yoda Jedi starfighter... They might have me buy it if they had released it 1 or 2 years ago.

Not sure if I'll be needing all those microfighters... that and the amount of battlepacks I'll buy depends on the story in the movie :classic:

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

That would be a nice homage to the original game :grin:

Wow, totally forgot about that... That would be awesome!

2 minutes ago, TWP said:

Wow, totally forgot about that... That would be awesome!

That'd be hilarious, but I can't see them doing something this morbid :wink: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've ever seen a corpse in a set (apart from some skeletons or zombies here and there, but those don't count) and for good reason :grin: That may fly in a videogame, but a toy is a completely different beast altogether. You don't want to sic concerned parents on us, do you? :laugh:

Not really intrested in Microfighters and the Yoda's Starfighter.

I'll be getting both of the battlepacks, maybe even two or three of the imperial one. I just wish there would be 3x stormtrooper 1x deathtrooper instead of 2x stormtrooper 2x deathtrooper. Deathtroopers; while not knowing their role yet; gives the impressions of being a somewhat elite unit. And a 3 normal - 1 elite (just like how 7667 had 3 normal stormtroopers and 1 elite shadowtrooper) ratio would have been better for army building. The speeder in the rebel one looks kinda cool. The rest are kinda meh.

Duel on Naboo seems terrible for me. Too small, the only redeeming factor seems to be the minifigures. And seriously what's up with that one wall piece? The designers couldn't make up their minds? Either do a wall or do not, because in this state it's rather silly looking.

I need to catch up with Rebels (given the time I might just start over), so for now I can't really judge The Phantom. Also I remember Thrawn having red eyes, but in the picture it seems just regular black for me. Hopefully that'll change for the final release. Definitely picking up at least a Thrawn loose.

Battle on Scarif looks not that bad. Honestly from the previous pictures it seemed much worse for me. But this can be a starting point of an imperial base MOC. Still if the set would have the things behind the door instead of a platform in front of it, I'd buy it in an instant. With this, it has great potential for me, but not having unlimited budget works, I might pass on it.

Y-Wing is a must have for me, having no Rebel Starfighters in my collection yet. A classic with great minifigures and a really appealing design.

The giant action figure line doesn't concern me, if I want action figures I go to Hasbro.

Thrawn must have red eyes, I don't think i've ever seen a single picture of him without crimson stare as it's sort've his iconic look maybe more so then the blue skin. Even in the concept art of Thrawn for Rebels he has red eyes. I'm not worried in the slightest. 

The figure also has pronounced cheekbones you can barely see in the set photo, that are there, so maybe the red isnt visible.